+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree146Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: 2.6 Sneak peak.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkmoon0028 View Post
    Totally going to take the infraction to tell you to quit being a ****.

People ***** about how the dev team 'lacks professionalism' when they come on the forums and /slap all the people complaining. Daglar does it, and its nice to see he's not the only one with some bite when someone steps out of line.

These are the same people who got all pissed off about the server announcements that said the hilarious "Yo Dawg" messages.

Trion, please continue to deliver this level of human interaction. Leave your professionalism at the door before you come into work. Thanks
    I can't believe you got an infraction for saying that. But thanks for "taking one for the team". I think you said what a lot of us were thinking.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Ailene View Post
    I can't believe you got an infraction for saying that. But thanks for "taking one for the team". I think you said what a lot of us were thinking.
    If we're on the topic of professionalism, I just wanted to step in to say that I am completely 100% on board with the way Trion has been interacting with the community recently. Absolutely the right direction for them to go in my opinion. I would love it if they took more of a no-nonsense approach to in-game chat moderation, but the forums is a great start!

Plane Touched

I like the dimensions, but can they get some functionality other then a dummy and decorating.
    I would love to make my own crafting//auctioneer area.

Quote Originally Posted by Oxymorphone View Post
    I would love to make my own crafting//auctioneer area.
    Will 99.9% never happen.

WHy?

Because Trion want us to play together and interact. THose random interactions people make in these areas are important for the community. If everyone goes to their oown crafting in dimensions then the community is split and the tiny money sink of going to the main city (via portal) is gone.
    Intim @ Zaviel EU
    Twitch Channel ,YouTube,Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Intim View Post
    Will 99.9% never happen.

WHy?

Because Trion want us to play together and interact. THose random interactions people make in these areas are important for the community. If everyone goes to their oown crafting in dimensions then the community is split and the tiny money sink of going to the main city (via portal) is gone.
    It's totally free to go back to main city via portal
    But, I agree on the other point and Trion told that already, they don't want to make dimension items to pop crafting bench to prevent the community from splitting.
    And about the auctioneer, since they added a service in the Rift Store to pop an auctioneer, they will likely never do a dimension item for that.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    Yes, you will be able to (required to to participate in the saga, really) start it all from the beginning. Any parts of those previous quest lines you may have done will not be counted as part of the saga.
    Oh Noes lol...........

4 Toons to start it all over lol......

Should make my weeks interesting.... or days....
    Last edited by Chaszar; 12-08-2013 at 10:40 AM.

RIFT Guide Writer RoughRaptorsOld's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by caitie View Post
    He has a legitimate point. Just because you don't PvP, or it's not your main focus, doesn't mean he can't say it. You really have become a selfish individual who's only objective is to make sure his own interests are served. Disgraceful.
    And I have a legitimate point, I'm sick of people posting in nearly every single thread about what they are unhappy about whether it regards their specific topic or not. How would you like it if in every single thread I read, regardless of the topic, I started posting every gripe I had with PvE in this game? I'm not selfish or disgraceful at all, I'm stating the truth. He needs to stop whining, or if he continues to do so, he needs to do it in the right place.
    Last edited by RoughRaptorsOld; 12-08-2013 at 10:47 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by RoughRaptors View Post
    And I have a legitimate point, I'm sick of people posting in nearly every single thread about what they are unhappy about whether it regards their specific topic or not. How would you like it if in every single thread I read, regardless of the topic, I started posting every gripe I had with PvE in this game? I'm not selfish or disgraceful at all, I'm stating the truth. He needs to stop whining, or if he continues to do so, he needs to do it in the right place.
    This thread was about 2.6 content and the person you replied to mentioned there is no PvP content. Perfectly acceptable. We have had no PvP content but how many raids have we had. PvP is a significant part of the game. People solely PvP and even some raiders PvP when not raiding but it gets very little attention from the devs. If the shoe was on the other foot I'm 99% sure you'd have something to say. It's not every single thread or even close to that. Except that reply about PvP I've not seen if for a while. If you want to continue this I'm game, you know I am but really, you might Skype the devs but your not the forum police.

This thread was about 2.6 content and the person you replied to mentioned there is no PvP content. Perfectly acceptable. We have had no PvP content but how many raids have we had. PvP is a significant part of the game. People solely PvP and even some raiders PvP when not raiding but it gets very little attention from the devs. If the shoe was on the other foot I'm 99% sure you'd have something to say. It's not every single thread or even close to that. Except that reply about PvP I've not seen if for a while. If you want to continue this I'm game, you know I am but really, you might Skype the devs but your not the forum police.
    Daglar went in on his day(s) off to implement new Warfronts for PvPers and there is still a new CQ (I think?) in the making. Just because it wasn't listed doesn't mean it isn't on their radar or doesn't exist. There have been multiple very rude hijackings by the same 2-3 people and frankly it's just getting old and it's starting to piss me off. Keep it where it belongs, meaning this conversation shouldn't even be here.

Ascendant

Daglar went in on his day(s) off to implement new Warfronts for PvPers and there is still a new CQ (I think?) in the making. Just because it wasn't listed doesn't mean it isn't on their radar or doesn't exist. There have been multiple very rude hijackings by the same 2-3 people and frankly it's just getting old and it's starting to piss me off. Keep it where it belongs, meaning this conversation shouldn't even be here.
    No, no, no. Alternative modes are NOT new content don't even try and sell that as new content. He's the boss he has no days off. I think there's another reason for him to go into the office. You don't wake up on a weekend and suddenly think: I'll go into the office and recycle more content. If it took a weekend to make PvP content then we'd have more than ONE warfront this expansion compared to how many raids?

Good question, I recall that Conquest being tested weeks/months ago but nothing since. From what I recall the broken fundamentals of Conquest have not been fixed just shifted into a new zone. PvP focuses far too much on conquest as it is for my liking. A more balanced conquest would be a custom map like a WF but giving Trion's attention to PvP we know that's unlikely.

Well you derailed the thread so you can't complain.

He's the boss he has no days off.
    How does he have no days off...? I mean, yeah he kind of makes the decisions for Rift but it's not like he doesn't have a boss. Everyone should be entitled to some time off.

Ascendant

How does he have no days off...? I mean, yeah he kind of makes the decisions for Rift but it's not like he doesn't have a boss. Everyone should be entitled to some time off.
    I agree but when your in a position of responsibility when the **** hits the fan you've got to be there. It is an odd thing to go in the weekend just for that. I'm guessing something else was a factor too. Not exactly like we needed alt modes immediately or as far as I'm concerned at all.

I always assumed PvP was fully player driven, any "warfronts" or "battlegrounds" are merely a backdrop to the real point, killing other players.

Getting new scenery shouldn't matter to the PvP'ers, look at Conquest right now in EU without the more "tactical" approaches from German and French players, people just face each other across the battlefield around the Eye or DP and stand toe to toe for 20 minutes swapping AoE's, the zerg with either the most healers, the better geared or the numbers win.

Just make the Eye into a big pit where people jump off, no way out and let them beat the snot out of each other, after all Conquest right now in EU is nothing about Objectives, it's all about the kill counter

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    I always assumed PvP was fully player driven, any "warfronts" or "battlegrounds" are merely a backdrop to the real point, killing other players.

Getting new scenery shouldn't matter to the PvP'ers, look at Conquest right now in EU without the more "tactical" approaches from German and French players, people just face each other across the battlefield around the Eye or DP and stand toe to toe for 20 minutes swapping AoE's, the zerg with either the most healers, the better geared or the numbers win.

Just make the Eye into a big pit where people jump off, no way out and let them beat the snot out of each other, after all Conquest right now in EU is nothing about Objectives, it's all about the kill counter
    To a certain extent is but with out new objectives etc. it's just 15 v 15 arena and there's no skill in who bursts the first. Warfronts (well should) promote teamwork where you co-ordinate how to complete the objectives. Look at Library and Karthan Ridge (normal) they both have different strategies to win but you have to/should work as a team to do it. Most warfronts fail because people ignore the objectives.

It seems on the English EU cluster, at least, due to the fact you just need one win to complete the weekly any conquest after the first couple of days is just a kills run. Not fun if you only rarely play Conquest and get on the team who's kill farming or being farmed.

Quote Originally Posted by azabar View Post
    he must of learned from daglar.
    The dev team run at full capacity and to produce the amount of content that is required iteration is necessary. They are not taking the easy route, they are just allocating resources. If every piece of content released was brand spanking new down to the character models then there would be barely any content to enjoy.

Rift is best in the business in terms of business model AND content releases. Your expectations are completely unrealistic and you should stop ruining the forums

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast