+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree146Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: 2.6 Sneak peak.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by RoughRaptors View Post
    Oh look, you're going to hijack the thread due to no immediate mention of PvP again.
    He has a legitimate point. Just because you don't PvP, or it's not your main focus, doesn't mean he can't say it. You really have become a selfish individual who's only objective is to make sure his own interests are served. Disgraceful.

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    No, but you can try to troll harder if you like.
    Very disappointed in your reply even if his original intention was to troll.

Regarding the Fae Yule update, it is actually a lot more work than it sounds. The original event was already quite full. And adding just to add doesn't exactly make it BETTER - just bloated. That said, a lot of work WAS done - expanding the zone events, rifts, random lootables, and just general decoration into the storm legion zones and hubs is actually quite time consuming. It isn't a sexy bullet point, but players have been frustrated by events that were not so visible in terms of decoration in the play spaces - like with Autumn Harvest. So some significant time was spent fulfilling that expectation.

The new artifact collecting is tied into the Fae Yule villages and is a mechanic we haven't utilized much - build up a hub via instant adventure to unlock a layer of special resources available to all for a period of time. In this case, an extra layer of Fae Yule themed artifacts throughout the zone.

And of course, there are new rewards for event currency AS WELL AS new cash shop items (because that is what keeps the lights on).

That said, allow me to manage expectations - world events are never going to be completely rebuilt each year. They will be iterated upon. They are annual events and for most players, it IS new content - new to them. We try to keep adding stuff here and there to freshen them up though for longer term players. The amount of time and resources spent on building the original versions of these events was tremendous. That time is better spent now generating other new content rather than to constantly rebuild a functional event.
    They shouldn't be rebuilt but maybe refreshed so it gives the longer term players something a little new to
    do. Take Autumn Harvest for example. This years was the extract same bar the dimension stuff so I had no incentive to go do it. Carnival was my previous favourite event but just didn't participate because the rewards were just priced far too high. I know they were too cheap the previous year but now they went the opposite way. Last years Fae yule was great, I loved the sledding, the snowball fights and would love to see small additions to this.

Snowball Fight
    The snowball fight needs to be changed some how. Few people did it so most of the time it was thing an NPC. my guess I defeated the purpose of it. A snowball PvP warfront in Whitefall Steppes might be fun! My guess it'd be too late for such a thing. Your only spell is... a snowball. Maybe make snowmen as defensive shields. Oh, maybe a snowball PvP Rift.

IAs
    As far as I remember last year the village's progress was tied to the IAs. With cross shard IAs how will it work on your home server if the main IA is on another shard. I think the village is a good idea and this is where new content should be expanded upon. make it permanent and a hub for the holiday rather than the laggy city. Maybe make a vendor only that pops up when the IA has been done. I remember that the IAs were part of the normal SW/FM rotation. Any chance of having them on their own little rotation. Add a category to the IA list for Fae Yule.

Oh, anyone know when it's due to be released, and when it'll be on the PTS. TY in advance.

Telaran

The type of typos you be typin'
    I lol'd. Nicely put

Excepting that, wait & see x)

Weather predictions on the forums for a while :

Boo hoo no content specifically tailored for pvp'ers
    Boo hoo no content specifically tailored for pve'ers (excepting those raid rifts, who knows)
    Boo hoo no content specifically tailored for <insert player minority here>
    Boo hoo the game sucks since F2P, Trion only wants our money

did I forget anything / anyone?

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by zartosht View Post
    very professional.

so I take it from that there are going to be new models in the iron peak saga then ... right?
    I am proud of the DEVs for their blunt responses towards some of the **** people post. Honestly, I would like to see the DEVs either stop posting for a month, stop CS, and just give everyone hell and see the reaction of the spoiled and the QQrs. You dont know how good you got it till its gone.

All I care about 2.6, personally, is more story content.
    I want to know if the raid rifts are relevant, or just kind of there for progression like the current raid rifts.

More importantly though, since 3.0 is clearly next spring/summer. Will we actually get a conclusion to the Crucia storyline?
    Let me explain.
    Storm Legions main story revolves around Crucia escaping her prison and trying to take over the world, get the infinity gate open and winning.
    The last content that "directly" dealt with Crucia was A Hero Rises chronicle in 2.1. 2.1!
    The MAIN story line of the game stopped at 2.1. lol
    Since then we have not be told what exactly happened to Crucia in her new body, and Dendrome just made it more confusing because apparently the dragons lives are cyclical and constantly reborn, and an air dragon was reborn, but Crucia isn't fully dead, as far as we know, and finish it please. lol

I don't want it to be a gaping plot hole before you start introducing "bigger" villains in 3.0.
    There's already enough holes in this game! COUGHPortScionCliffsideValeCoastlinesofMathosiaCOU GH! :P
    Last edited by hardy83; 12-07-2013 at 09:06 AM.

Rift Chaser

very professional.

so I take it from that there are going to be new models in the iron peak saga then ... right?
    Very mature. It's easy to insult sitting behind a computer screen ... right?

6.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #36

Quote Originally Posted by hardy83 View Post
    Will we actually get a conclusion to the Crucia storyline?
    Yes, 2.6 will move this story forward. The current plan is to roll out the Crucia story in phases, so while arc 1 through 3 will be available at launch, the rest of the story will be unlocked later in 2.6 after a proper buildup.
    Last edited by MikeD; 12-07-2013 at 09:57 AM.

Will the max number of professions be expanded in 2.6 with the introduction of this new one?

I'm excited for my first Fae Yule, and excited to see the new additions in 2.6. Now I'm wondering if I should put off going to Iron Pike Peaks until those two story-arc quest(lines)s are added back in.

No, but you can try to troll harder if you like.

It is exactly what I promised during the Iron Pine zone revamp. I removed no major lore or story arcs EXCEPT those two with the promise that they would be returning soon, improved, and with all the rewards the previously contained (instead of getting shuffled off to the cash shop, plus they will get some new additional rewards as well). Those form the basis of arc 1 and 2 of the saga. Arc 3 is entirely new.

These artifacts have nothing to do with 2.6. These are part of the Fae Yule celebration launching in just a few days.

Regarding the Fae Yule update, it is actually a lot more work than it sounds. The original event was already quite full. And adding just to add doesn't exactly make it BETTER - just bloated. That said, a lot of work WAS done - expanding the zone events, rifts, random lootables, and just general decoration into the storm legion zones and hubs is actually quite time consuming. It isn't a sexy bullet point, but players have been frustrated by events that were not so visible in terms of decoration in the play spaces - like with Autumn Harvest. So some significant time was spent fulfilling that expectation.

The new artifact collecting is tied into the Fae Yule villages and is a mechanic we haven't utilized much - build up a hub via instant adventure to unlock a layer of special resources available to all for a period of time. In this case, an extra layer of Fae Yule themed artifacts throughout the zone.

And of course, there are new rewards for event currency AS WELL AS new cash shop items (because that is what keeps the lights on).

That said, allow me to manage expectations - world events are never going to be completely rebuilt each year. They will be iterated upon. They are annual events and for most players, it IS new content - new to them. We try to keep adding stuff here and there to freshen them up though for longer term players. The amount of time and resources spent on building the original versions of these events was tremendous. That time is better spent now generating other new content rather than to constantly rebuild a functional event.
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeD View Post
    Yes, 2.6 will move this story forward. The current plan is to roll out the Crucia story in phases, so while arc 1 through 3 will be available at launch, the rest of the story will be unlocked later in 2.6 after a proper buildup.
    A lot of good information in both of these posts, appreciate you taking the time to post them.

Ascendant

It is exactly what I promised during the Iron Pine zone revamp. I removed no major lore or story arcs EXCEPT those two with the promise that they would be returning soon, improved, and with all the rewards the previously contained (instead of getting shuffled off to the cash shop, plus they will get some new additional rewards as well). Those form the basis of arc 1 and 2 of the saga. Arc 3 is entirely new.
    Will characters who had already done the story quests you're referring to pre-IPP revamp (I think you mean the "Chekaroth Chase" quest chain and forging the Icewatch weapon, right?) be able to play through these improved versions of the quests or will they already be poised to start on Arc 3 of the Air Saga?

I kinda hope the former. Been looking forward to playing through a new full sized Saga chain for a long time!
    Last edited by Kedon; 12-07-2013 at 11:40 AM.

11.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #41
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kedon View Post
    Will characters who had already done the story quests you're referring to pre-IPP revamp (I think you mean the "Chekaroth Chase" quest chain and forging the Icewatch weapon, right?) be able to play through these improved versions of the quests or will they already be poised to start on Arc 3 of the Air Saga?

I kinda hope the former. Been looking forward to playing through a new full sized Saga chain for a long time!
    Yes, you will be able to (required to to participate in the saga, really) start it all from the beginning. Any parts of those previous quest lines you may have done will not be counted as part of the saga.
    An Interested Observer
    #WontBeErased

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

Hey, Tacitus! So, I was talking enthusiastically about recent changes with a friend who's currently doing FF14, and she thought the revamp of IPP sounded really fun. Don't think we'll get her back just yet, but it's an attractive feature.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Rift Chaser

Definitely looks like we have some cool stuff coming! Dreamweaving sounds very cool. Interested in seeing exactly how it works, what limitations there will be and so on. Good to have another use for artifacts. Finally being able to see the rest of Crucia's story is definitely a huge plus for me. Like another poster said we have not heard from her since 2.1 will be nice to get some closure on that storyline! The addition to fae yule sounds cool always liked that world event. Anyway looking forward to January when this is on PTS!

Default ....

very professional.

he must of learned from daglar.

Rift Master

I have zero interest in dimensions so Dreamcrafting is going to pass me by. Sigh.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast