+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree146Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: 2.6 Sneak peak.

RIFT Guide Writer RoughRaptorsOld's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by azabar View Post
    oh look, no mention of pvp.
    Oh look, you're going to hijack the thread due to no immediate mention of PvP again.

Default ....

Quote Originally Posted by RoughRaptors View Post
    Oh look, you're going to hijack the thread due to no immediate mention of PvP again.
    im sorry, I thought people were supposed to comment on the op.

Thanks for sharing Hardy!

The whole stocking-up-on-artifacts thing sounds interesting. Guess this is how they deal with all that excess artifacts that people just trash cause they can't be bothered to compete with other players to sell them on the AH for 5g each.

Perhaps all those Blues and Epics that I had stashed up from way back during Autumn Harvest 2012 on my alts might come in handy again.

Quote Originally Posted by hardy83 View Post
    I believe in a prior livestream, they stated that the new profession will be like fishing in that everyone can get it without having to buy the in-game shop thing to get more professions or ditching one you currently have.
    I could be wrong.
    Yep, it was in the 25th Oct Livestream where they mentioned it won't be bought in the Cash Shop.
    Last edited by Jonus; 12-07-2013 at 12:32 AM.

Mmmmm new raid rifts. Make them as hard as the T2 raid rifts from Pre-SL and I might be happy with that.
    New Raid Rifts and I could imagine a new Tier of Torvan and Lycini rep....intoducing T3 essences so that people get their "nerf" for T2 raiding in February.

Plane Touched

The tales of the Icewatch weapon and Chekeroth will be coming back (in a modified form)
    this is trion code for "we found some old content we hadn't reskinned already"

6.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #21
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zartosht View Post
    this is trion code for "we found some old content we hadn't reskinned already"
    No, but you can try to troll harder if you like.

It is exactly what I promised during the Iron Pine zone revamp. I removed no major lore or story arcs EXCEPT those two with the promise that they would be returning soon, improved, and with all the rewards the previously contained (instead of getting shuffled off to the cash shop, plus they will get some new additional rewards as well). Those form the basis of arc 1 and 2 of the saga. Arc 3 is entirely new.

Quote Originally Posted by DriftinARift View Post
    Major content patch big addition...........6 NEW ARTIFACTS SETS I feel trolled.
    These artifacts have nothing to do with 2.6. These are part of the Fae Yule celebration launching in just a few days.

Regarding the Fae Yule update, it is actually a lot more work than it sounds. The original event was already quite full. And adding just to add doesn't exactly make it BETTER - just bloated. That said, a lot of work WAS done - expanding the zone events, rifts, random lootables, and just general decoration into the storm legion zones and hubs is actually quite time consuming. It isn't a sexy bullet point, but players have been frustrated by events that were not so visible in terms of decoration in the play spaces - like with Autumn Harvest. So some significant time was spent fulfilling that expectation.

The new artifact collecting is tied into the Fae Yule villages and is a mechanic we haven't utilized much - build up a hub via instant adventure to unlock a layer of special resources available to all for a period of time. In this case, an extra layer of Fae Yule themed artifacts throughout the zone.

And of course, there are new rewards for event currency AS WELL AS new cash shop items (because that is what keeps the lights on).

That said, allow me to manage expectations - world events are never going to be completely rebuilt each year. They will be iterated upon. They are annual events and for most players, it IS new content - new to them. We try to keep adding stuff here and there to freshen them up though for longer term players. The amount of time and resources spent on building the original versions of these events was tremendous. That time is better spent now generating other new content rather than to constantly rebuild a functional event.
    Last edited by Salvatrix; 12-07-2013 at 03:34 AM. Reason: the type of typos you be typin' at three a.m.
    An Interested Observer
    #WontBeErased

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

Very interesting to hear about the new use for artis. They do need a sink in addition to collecting to soak up the excessive amounts of partic ones that seem to arise.

I remember making a suggestion once of a possible arti sink, being to use them like augments. Be interesting to see what comes about. Also, am tentatively optimistic this will be a type of crafting that will be accessible at the highest levels to non-raiders.

It sucks not being able to make the most desirable stuff without ready access to raiding drops. Crafting is such a perfect niche for non-raiders to really feel like they are making a contribution to the game world and economy. But instead it feels like 'Crafting, yer, we're giving the best bits to the raiders, you can have what's left'.
    My shiny carapace is cracked. I should have never left the sea. Krugon.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    very professional.

so I take it from that there are going to be new models in the iron peak saga then ... right?

i'm not interested in dimensions or artifacts, just my luck. but i was just thinking yesterday that there should be more emphasis on artifacts.

That said, allow me to manage expectations - world events are never going to be completely rebuilt each year. They will be iterated upon. They are annual events and for most players, it IS new content - new to them. We try to keep adding stuff here and there to freshen them up though for longer term players. The amount of time and resources spent on building the original versions of these events was tremendous. That time is better spent now generating other new content rather than to constantly rebuild a functional event.
    I would like to add an observation to this:

Even as a player who has done a given event before, I often quite like it when I get to see the familiar parts again, as I may not have finished them all previously, etcetera.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Quote Originally Posted by hardy83 View Post
    At Massively.

If anyone cares. :P
    New crafting called "dreamweaving" that deals with dimensions and artifacts.
    Also maybe you can make your own actual dimensions?

New raid rifts, conclusion to epic air saga, hopefully explaining what happened to Crucia and other stuff.
    I AM SO EXCITED. Thank you so much for sharing the link.

Mmmmm new raid rifts. Make them as hard as the T2 raid rifts from Pre-SL and I might be happy with that.
    Omg remember that darn death rift. Even if you had a geared group that thing would kill you dead if people were stupid.

I <3 you. Remember some of us understand that it is alot of work keeping the story flowing as the community changes and that something that seems tiny on this side of the window is gigantic and a pain in the bootyhole on your side.

I am sooo excited for Fae Yule omgosh 5 days left. Yes I am counting down Fae yule I am that excited.
    Last edited by Kitasia; 12-07-2013 at 04:46 AM.

Champion of Telara

stuff.
    Thanks for popping in and clarifying, Tactitus. I just can't seem to get used to the Veruca Salt mentality that increased with F2P
    Smidge
    Wolfsbane

Looking forward to January already

Are these new Raid Rifts the Nightmare Rifts already alluded to? or are they the multi-multi phased ones that are rumored, something like 10-12 different phases?

Anyhow, Fae Yule needs to go on the PTS just so we can snoop..., eh, 'test' it a bit

Plane Touched

I'd rather have them iron out existing bugs and flaws before pushing out new stuff.
    Skip 1 content patch and make it happen !

Quote Originally Posted by zartosht View Post
    very professional.
    Totally going to take the infraction to tell you to quit being a ****.

People ***** about how the dev team 'lacks professionalism' when they come on the forums and /slap all the people complaining. Daglar does it, and its nice to see he's not the only one with some bite when someone steps out of line.

These are the same people who got all pissed off about the server announcements that said the hilarious "Yo Dawg" messages.

Trion, please continue to deliver this level of human interaction. Leave your professionalism at the door before you come into work. Thanks
    Last edited by Jester; 12-07-2013 at 11:25 AM.

Hawkemoon- Cleric- Greybriar
    Waiting for: Star Citizen

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast