Closed Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
Like Tree160Likes

Thread: 8 Year Wow Veteran here. Is Rift a poor mans WoW?

Quote Originally Posted by Chadwix View Post
    Paying 15$ is a month is nothing to beat your chest over. Your paying money, any fool with a credit card can accomplish this.
    actually you'd be surprised.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by mmojunkie View Post
    Mean's your too poor to play the real thing so you have to settle for a watered down version aka a poor mans version of the real deal.
    Then i would say that if Rift is a poor mans game, WoW is a game for the cheated. Rift is a far superior game in almost every aspect i've seen so far, if anything Rift should have the subscription and WoW should be free, to pay for that game is to be ripped off.

(and yes i was oen of the ripped off, i played for years, played almost every aspect of the game, and even got sor bored i started oneo f the most successful full progression guilds on my server, and i still think it's a rip off game)
    Last edited by Asharoth; 12-09-2013 at 01:25 AM.

Soulwalker

a.Game isn't pay to win
    b.There is plenty of lore and meaningful characters if you pay attention
    c.8 years of wow!, get a girlfriend

Telaran

Default why you should play rift

wow is an overestimated and overmarketed game..only good thing about wow is their PvP system,everything else is average.

Rift has far better raiding,dungeoning and role playing system then wow and also has better graphics...wow only improved graphics for cata and MoP which are still not up to standard of new mmorpgs...so if u r still playing wow and paying for it then ur being ripped off

and don't start about lore,wow 's lore sucks after wotlk....they no longer follow the lore of warcraft world in cata and MoP...which is a low blow to true wow fan

and FYI blizzard is considering making the new expansion of wow F2P aka P2W and will probbably do it to stay in the game industry.....so they will also become poorman's game if u consider f2p model as such....
    i would rather use money on rift then playing wow for free

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by mahabahu View Post
    wow is an overestimated and overmarketed game..only good thing about wow is their PvP system,everything else is average.
    I'd hardly call WoW PvP "good", mediocre at best, i can name at least half a dozen mmo's with far better. Infact when i PvP's in WoW it always felt as if it was something added as a very poorly thought out afterthought.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by mahabahu View Post
    and FYI blizzard is considering making the new expansion of wow F2P aka P2W and will probbably do it to stay in the game industry.....so they will also become poorman's game if u consider f2p model as such....
    That was a huge unfounded rumor based on the fact that they have been experimenting inthe Korean market which means for the Korean servers they need to have F2P because that's the onlhy way they will get customers. Blizzard have clearly stated that they have no intention of going F2P for the EU and US players. They are thinking of adding a cash shop on top of the subscription model though.

Plane Touched

Rift P2P, before SL was the best, it's now a downhill thing. Clearly SL was build to support the F2P model. Selling year long subs should have warned most people something is on the horizon. That being sayd, Rift is great, but everything that looks only a tiny bit cool has to be bought through the cash shop, no more working on your notoriety to finally buy some nice wardrobe pieces to build a nice look for your character. Even raid gear looks fugly, weapons with skins from 1.x you want to replace asap due to that. Then they add T2, more ugly uninspired armor looks, weapons that look more hideous then the previous tier.

But wait, we can grind plat to buy REX and get it from the store... If so, can someone direct me to a site where I can get bots that harvest nodes for me while I'm not there please ?

I played Beta -> Pandas, I got one of each class at lvl 60, 70, 80 and 85 as well as one lvl 90. However I find WoW so dumbed down now a days that I decided to try something new, tried a few before Rift but wasn't impressed. Rift however got me stuck for one main reason, you need to understand tactics and do that vital thing during an encounter even in lower lvls for it to be doable most of the time. Rift to me feels like a mix of the things I loved in Vanilla WoW and TBC.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Nitzi View Post
    you need to understand tactics and do that vital thing during an encounter even in lower lvls for it to be doable most of the time. Rift to me feels like a mix of the things I loved in Vanilla WoW and TBC.
    I love Rift to bits, but my issue with rift is how easy the lower levels are, the whole game is pretty much "face -> keyboard ->roll" before level 50, which is why everybody steams through IA's and Dungeons without stopping to take a breath.
    Last edited by Asharoth; 12-09-2013 at 07:20 AM.

Soulwalker

holy jeebus, 9 years. try something slightly different maybe? no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by Asharoth View Post
    I love Rift to bits, but my issue with rift is how easy the lower levels are, the whole game is pretty much "face -> keyboard ->roll" before level 50, which is why everybody steams through IA's and Dungeons without stopping to take a breath.
    I agree that IAs ruined the 1-50 experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Asharoth View Post

I do agree, however the first dungeons that 50+ players hit, EotSQ and SBP is a grim wake up call for many of those players. Something that made me stick with the game.

Sup everyone so im planning to come back to Rift once my time runs out on WoW. just dont have the money to pay $15 a month to play WoW anymore and looking to come back to Rift. I played Rift for a couple of months last year and still have it installed on my harddrive.

BUT Whenever I tell someone that i'm going back to play Rift they tell me that i shouldnt because there is no lore in this MMO and this game is basically a poor mans version of WoW. And I somewhat agree. This game doesnt seem to have any notable characters like Arthas, Thrall, Garosh, Kil'Jaeden, etc. So i'm trying to figure out if I should comeback to Rift and finish leveling my toon or just uninstall it permanently. I know this game has gone F2P (aka p2w: pay to win), so just need some advice from people who have played Rift a long time.

P.S. I'm almost a 9 year WoW veteran.
    This is my reaction to the phrasing "WoW veteran".

Please no. There are no video game veterans. Just gamers and people who are enjoying themselves.

But to answer your question, Rift is a very worthy game and I don't see why I would leave it for WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Drel View Post
    This is my reaction to the phrasing "WoW veteran".

Please no. There are no video game veterans. Just gamers and people who are enjoying themselves.

But to answer your question, Rift is a very worthy game and I don't see why I would leave it for WoW.

vet·er·an
    noun \ˈve-tə-rən, ˈve-trən\

: someone who has a lot of experience in a particular activity, job, etc.

Mean's your too poor to play the real thing so you have to settle for a watered down version aka a poor mans version of the real deal.
    So basically you're saying "mom and dad finally kicked me out of the basement and I can't afford to play WoW now so I need an f2p game that might be like WoW"

I would really like to know your characters and servers to in WoW so I can ask around about you because frankly toating this "8 year WoW vet here" thing is getting old.

You come here talking about Lore in WoW yet too lazy to find out any of the Lore of this game. You come here asking for WoW features to be brought in here (gear score) and such not doing any research before asking for it.

Yep if it smells like a Troll its a troll.

Go get a job and keep playing WoW because frankly I don't think you'll fit into Rift.

Closed Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast