+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree158Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Looking for an update on the issue with harvesting mobs

Plane Touched

Default Looking for an update on the issue with harvesting mobs

Quote Originally Posted by Tunbart
    The amount of leather/ore/plants you can get by harvesting mobs is currently set to 1. Down from 1-2 leather per mob, 1-3 ore per mob, 1-3 logs per mob and 1-4 plants per mob. The chance to get a ressource drop is unchanged, so are the leather byproducts ( clothdropps seem to be unchanged as well).

----

This is likely an anti botting change we had to make. I'll follow up with Faratha tomorrow.

Once again though, I will ask the question: How does this change make Trion more money and force people into the store?

Because that is exactly the type of accusation that was being made - that we are nerfing aspects of the game, so we can sell more stuff. That isn't happening.

~Daglar

-------------------

Did i miss any kind of dev postings about this, or is harvesting leather/ore/plants/wood off of mobs being set to 1 permanent?
    Last edited by Raviel; 12-03-2013 at 07:27 AM.

Rift Disciple

How about instead of punishing every one they just do something to make bot reporting and report follow up more effective and start banning the bums. I'm tired of reporting the same tactician bots week after week in morban. I'm sure it may not be that simple but I know a single person following up on bot reports and checking common bot areas daily could probably make a sizable dent. From what I've seen, bots are out there but they aren't that big an issue, at least not on faeblight. Certainly not big enough of one to punish everyone with a drop nerf, if indeed that's the case and that isn't outdated info.
    Daemun, Graeven, Arnheim, Enterus, Kaael, Kareana
    Socius Amicitia
    Faeblight

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Raviel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunbart
    The amount of leather/ore/plants you can get by harvesting mobs is currently set to 1. Down from 1-2 leather per mob, 1-3 ore per mob, 1-3 logs per mob and 1-4 plants per mob. The chance to get a ressource drop is unchanged, so are the leather byproducts ( clothdropps seem to be unchanged as well).

----

This is likely an anti botting change we had to make. I'll follow up with Faratha tomorrow.

Once again though, I will ask the question: How does this change make Trion more money and force people into the store?

Because that is exactly the type of accusation that was being made - that we are nerfing aspects of the game, so we can sell more stuff. That isn't happening.

~Daglar

-------------------

Did i miss any kind of dev postings about this, or is harvesting leather/ore/plants/wood off of mobs being set to 1 permanent?
    they stealth did this long time ago, about a week or so after 2.3

They have not been including any of the stealth nerfs they been doing since 2.3 in the patch notes.It's only commented on when the player base takes notice to them. I'm still waiting for that CQ nerf to be fixed. Only way to get good amount of P/F is vials. almost a month and 2 weeks lol.
    Last edited by DriftinARift; 12-03-2013 at 10:05 AM.

To answer Daglars question, the theory's relatively simple, if a bit conspiracy-oriented.
    Essentially that korean grind-fest concept i read in the other thread i posted. Make it so something ingame is overly annoying - in this case farming materials to sell for plat - so that buying rex with plat isn't as viable.

So far, in my opinion, this is one thing they've either not done, or done to a very small degree. When i played gw2, i would've bet everything i had that they were manipulating the economy to make buying gems with ingame currency more difficult, but the economy in rift hasn't changed that much since i've came back.

SOmetimes i do find myself thinking certain changes are made with that idea in mind - make the ingame version more difficult or annoying, and we'll buy thru our real life $ - but overall i'm pretty reasonably happy with teh economy.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Rianne View Post
    To answer Daglars question, the theory's relatively simple, if a bit conspiracy-oriented.
    Essentially that korean grind-fest concept i read in the other thread i posted. Make it so something ingame is overly annoying - in this case farming materials to sell for plat - so that buying rex with plat isn't as viable.

So far, in my opinion, this is one thing they've either not done, or done to a very small degree. When i played gw2, i would've bet everything i had that they were manipulating the economy to make buying gems with ingame currency more difficult, but the economy in rift hasn't changed that much since i've came back.

SOmetimes i do find myself thinking certain changes are made with that idea in mind - make the ingame version more difficult or annoying, and we'll buy thru our real life $ - but overall i'm pretty reasonably happy with teh economy.

It's bound to get worse over time, it's the way of FTP model. Many players been taking notice this for a very long time now. Only difference in other FTP games, is their developers never got close to their player base, so they never had to explain themselves when those companies stealth nerfed things in game in order to improve cash shop sales.

Arena net is another perfect example of how they nerfed the in game currency over time to improve their cash shop sales.

GW2 was set up like rift was set up at the start of FTP. They had a reasonable way of making in game currency to exchange for store credits (gems). Over time they pretty much made it impossible to grind gold to exchange for gems.

Rift has not been that extreme and I'm glad, but you can definitely take notice to minor stealth nerfs over the spam of Rift's ftp duration. Rift had bots prior to ftp, but nothing gathering wise was ever nerfed or changed with out explanation. Even drop rates of random green items for runecrafters have had a slightly lower drop rate in storm legion content.
    Last edited by DriftinARift; 12-03-2013 at 10:24 AM.

Soulwalker

Maybe Rift is planning on coming out with a buff that allows you to harvest more materials for a certain amount of time and you can only purchase this buff from the Rift Store. There's your money maker.

I'm not saying that is what they are doing, but wouldn't surprise me with all the latest adjustments they made lately.

Quote Originally Posted by DriftinARift View Post
    It's bound to get worse over time, it's the way of FTP model. Many players been taking notice this for a very long time now. Only difference in other FTP games, is their developers never got close to their player base, so they never had to explain themselves when those companies stealth nerfed things in game in order to improve cash shop sales.

Arena net is another perfect example of how they nerfed the in game currency over time to improve their cash shop sales.

GW2 was set up like rift was set up at the start of FTP. They had a reasonable way of making in game currency to exchange for store credits (gems). Over time they pretty much made it impossible to grind gold to exchange for gems.

Rift has not been that extreme and I'm glad, but you can definitely take notice to minor stealth nerfs over the spam of Rift's ftp duration. Rift had bots prior to ftp, but nothing gathering wise was ever nerfed or changed with out explanation. Even drop rates of random green items for runecrafters have had a slightly lower drop rate in storm legion content.
    That's actually exactly what im' talking about, but they havne't come close to the severity of gw2/anet.

Trust me, at this point i won't touch an anet game with a 10 foot pole,a nd i don't really see that changing. I do sometimes lean towards the suspicion of it in rift, but since we already have multiple ways of gaining $ ingame - farming materials, crafting items, selling artifacts, dimension items, etc - it shouldn't become such an issue over time, l don't think.

If it does, and i'm wrong, l honestly don't think it'll be as bad as anet.

That being said, if they nerf the in-game methods of gaining $ to the point where i can't buy rex? That'd be my i quit button. It's what drove me away from gw2, actually. I think it'd be shooting themselves in the foot, tho, considering they set up rex from the start.

Plane Walker

They mention that patrons perks are going to be addressed, maybe a added harvesting buff.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by kenx2020 View Post
    They mention that patrons perks are going to be addressed, maybe a added harvesting buff.
    that would be terrible to give patrons better harvesting/gathering over normal players, that's the same thing pushing people into spending more cash because of nerfed content.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by DriftinARift View Post
    that would be terrible to give patrons better harvesting/gathering over normal players, that's the same thing pushing people into spending more cash because of nerfed content.
    Actually, it's a very good use of the patron benefit. Patrons would get harvested materials easier/faster, but non-patrons would still be able to get the materials ...just at a slower rate.

The game needs patrons to survive, and patrons need desirable perks to be appealing. I'm fine with patrons getting any benefits like this as it does not preclude non-patrons from experiencing content in any way at all.

Plane Touched

This is an example of a "fix to bots" that hurts legitimate players. I did not post this thread for discussions about patron benefits or trion trying to hoard more money, I just want to be able to farm some crafting mats reliably off of mobs like I used to, rather than having to either fork over plat at the AH or having to run loops around a zone harvesting nodes for hours on end.

Daglar's post made it ambiguous as to whether or not this is going to remain a permanent change or not. I'd like to know whether it is or isn't permanent.

12.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #12
    Rift Team

I followed up today on this - it is in fact on purpose for harvesting from NPCs. No one could offer up an explanation for why there was no patch note for this.

It was unfortunately, an anti botting measure. It certainly does limit legitimate players - which is unfortunate.

~Daglar

How does that affect bots? Are we talking bots or farmers here? It's not as if they don't have time to spare or in some cases anyone is even at the keyboard.
    So in effect you have nerfed harvesting rates for legit players, plus it was left out of patch notes purposely or not, who cares, IT WAS LEFT OUT.

And you wonder why people get fed up? So now we are forced to buy mats from the AH, possibly from bots, because we don't have as much spare time as they do? So really for bots it's a win win isn't it.

And you call it unfortunate? Just lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Majorin View Post
    Get your tissues and self-confidence books ebabies. The crying has just begun.

14.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #14
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Harmonia View Post
    Yep, I call it unfortunate. Sometimes, we can't have nice things because of bad people.

It's also unfortunate that you are so upset about us missing the patch note. Its unfortunate because, I can't change the past and fix the fact that it was not included.

Have a nice night.

~Daglar

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Harmonia View Post
    How does that affect bots? Are we talking bots or farmers here? It's not as if they don't have time to spare or in some cases anyone is even at the keyboard.
    So in effect you have nerfed harvesting rates for legit players, plus it was left out of patch notes purposely or not, who cares, IT WAS LEFT OUT.

And you wonder why people get fed up? So now we are forced to buy mats from the AH, possibly from bots, because we don't have as much spare time as they do? So really for bots it's a win win isn't it.

Wow.. so amazing how upset people get..So unfortunate..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast