+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 85
Like Tree75Likes

Thread: So, was reading the patch notes...

  1. #1
    Ascendant the_real_seebs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    16,859

    Default So, was reading the patch notes...

    Thinking I might go do an update to the Welcome Back thread.

    And I've been reading the patch notes.

    And I've seen all the complaints about how Trion's not doing anything not focused on the cash shop. And ... wow. Seriously? Seriously?

    There are a huge number of things going in that have been long-term requests from the player base, which are significant investments of time and effort, and which have no visible relationship to the cash shop other than "happy players are more likely to stay".

    Okay, I admit. Changing the PvP auto-flag default to off, not a huge time investment. But I explained to newbies pretty much every single day I played why they had just gotten ganked in one of their first rifts. That is a huge quality-of-life improvement.

    Color-blind mode? Significant investment, very valuable to some players.

    2.4: A raid, a dungeon, and a chronicle. Lots of UI and quest updates. Rendering performance increases. The "pixel granularity" thing, which a bunch of people have been requesting for a long time (and which makes a huge performance difference for some players).
    2.5: Lots more dungeon/chronicle updates. Oh, and a complete rework of Iron Pine Peak.

    If I were to believe the stuff I hear people saying on the forums, I would have expected, say, one new mode for one dungeon, and that the only QoL changes would be making it easier to open the store. Instead, there's lots of stuff going on which is going to have benefits for people who never spend any credits at all.

    I totally see the point in complaints about some of the store stuff, but credit where credit is due, too: Trion is clearly putting a ton of work into non-store stuff. Which is a good long-term strategy, I think.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

  2. #2
    Shield of Telara WriteThemWrong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    744

    Default

    This has always happened. People complain incessantly about nothing and make it seem like Trion has their heads in the ground.

  3. #3
    Ascendant spaceboots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    5,760

    Default

    Shouldn't you play the game first?

  4. #4
    Plane Walker Horsesock's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    460

    Default

    I see the_real_seebs posting everywhere, but yet - you aren't playing?

    Do you need that much attention?

    Please contribute when you are actually playing.

    Maybe I should log on everyday and talk about Destro Locks and Raid content in World of Warcraft or the plight of the Sumatran Elephant (Elephas maximus sumatranus). Yeah I don't know jack about them Elephants, but, why not.

    People are not happy in Rift. The Last 2World Events are not the world events we are accustomed to.

    Many people I talk with see more efforts in the Cash shop then in game content. Very troubling.

    Yes, they are great at recycling content, over and over again - under the guise of "some people ain't never tried it before."

  5. #5
    Champion of Telara kronor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,227

    Default

    The_real_brown_nose

  6. #6
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,164

    Default

    I never understood why people post on the forums every single day after they no longer play the game just to complain or say " I love this game I may come back"

    I played a lot of MMOS over the years, there's always that one or two people like the OP who complain about the smallest aspects of the game, threaten to quit, then quit, then remain to complain and post silly things on a daily basis.

    I just don't get those people. Did they have a dream that god or Ancient Aliens spoke to them in a dream to be MMO prophet on the forums?

    I personally still love rift because of the team they had prior to storm legion, not a fan of where its going, but along for the ride until it's shut down. But the way Trion is going about it, is not giving them a good reputation for any future games they will release....like at all.
    Last edited by DriftinARift; 12-02-2013 at 02:18 PM.

  7. #7
    Ascendant Laeris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,873

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Horsesock View Post
    I see the_real_seebs posting everywhere, but yet - you aren't playing?

    Do you need that much attention?

    Please contribute when you are actually playing.

    Maybe I should log on everyday and talk about Destro Locks and Raid content in World of Warcraft or the plight of the Sumatran Elephant (Elephas maximus sumatranus). Yeah I don't know jack about them Elephants, but, why not.

    People are not happy in Rift. The Last 2World Events are not the world events we are accustomed to.

    Many people I talk with see more efforts in the Cash shop then in game content. Very troubling.

    Yes, they are great at recycling content, over and over again - under the guise of "some people ain't never tried it before."
    Your post count doesn't qualify you to talk to Seebs.

  8. #8
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Laeris View Post
    Your post count doesn't qualify you to talk to Seebs.
    Because posting a video game forum every single day qualifies people? No that's silly.

  9. #9
    Plane Walker Horsesock's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Laeris View Post
    Your post count doesn't qualify you to talk to Seebs.
    I only pay attention to those who have been outside and still play Rift.

    Meaningless contribution, is still meaningless. Maybe Seebs can hit 19k posts by the end of the day.

    And if that's your definition as a qualification and prerequisite for meaningful dialogue, I wish you all the luck in the world.

  10. #10
    General of Telara Kriptini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    897

    Default

    Seebs, sometimes your posts make you look like you're fishing for likes.

    This is one of them.

  11. #11
    Champion Harmonia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    501

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Laeris View Post
    Your post count doesn't qualify you to talk to Seebs.
    [sarcasm]Your post count doesn't qualify you to talk to Seebs.[/sarcasm]

    there we go, made it easier to understand.

    Quote Originally Posted by Majorin View Post
    Get your tissues and self-confidence books ebabies. The crying has just begun.

  12. #12
    Ascendant the_real_seebs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    16,859

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Horsesock View Post
    I see the_real_seebs posting everywhere, but yet - you aren't playing?
    Not as such, no. But I'm thinking about it, so I thought I'd look and see what changed. And I'd been seeing the complaints about how nothing gets done if it's not for the store, and then I actually read the patch notes. The proximate cause of that was that one of my most persistent requests since launch turned out to have been implemented, and I hadn't noticed it.

    (And no, I'm not "fishing for likes". What good would that do? You can't spend them.)

    I also think it's sort of hilarious that people are accusing me of sucking up to the devs. Have you noticed my post history over the last two months, like the part where about 80% of my posts consisted of pointing out things like "I know more than one person who has reported being able to get the police interested in a harassment case but unable to get the GMs to take any action"? I am pretty sure I am not in general sucking up to the devs. I like a lot of what they do. I do not like everything they have done, and I have posted plenty of complaints.

    MHO, if you have posted less than a tenth as many complaints about the game as I have, it is pretty pointless for you to be accusing me of sucking up to the devs. :P
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

  13. #13
    Plane Walker Horsesock's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    Not as such, no. But I'm thinking about it, so I thought I'd look and see what changed. And I'd been seeing the complaints about how nothing gets done if it's not for the store, and then I actually read the patch notes. The proximate cause of that was that one of my most persistent requests since launch turned out to have been implemented, and I hadn't noticed it.

    (And no, I'm not "fishing for likes". What good would that do? You can't spend them.)

    I also think it's sort of hilarious that people are accusing me of sucking up to the devs. Have you noticed my post history over the last two months, like the part where about 80% of my posts consisted of pointing out things like "I know more than one person who has reported being able to get the police interested in a harassment case but unable to get the GMs to take any action"? I am pretty sure I am not in general sucking up to the devs. I like a lot of what they do. I do not like everything they have done, and I have posted plenty of complaints.

    MHO, if you have posted less than a tenth as many complaints about the game as I have, it is pretty pointless for you to be accusing me of sucking up to the devs. :P
    "Too many people have opinions on things they know nothing about. And the more ignorant they are the more opinions they have"
    - A random quote I found on the innerwebz.

    I'm pointing out the fact that you should play the game!
    Then people might hold your opinion with a bit more weight.

    I find it hilarious that you post about things you read on the forums but don't actually participate in.

    People have concerns about the direction Trion has taken since F2P and the type of re-hashed content they release.

    Rift had its 1st splash with the F2P announcement, that buzz slowed, then we had the Steam release, what will be next wave to lure new players in?

  14. #14
    Ascendant the_real_seebs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    16,859

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Horsesock View Post
    "Too many people have opinions on things they know nothing about. And the more ignorant they are the more opinions they have"
    - A random quote I found on the innerwebz.

    I'm pointing out the fact that you should play the game!
    Then people might hold your opinion with a bit more weight.

    I find it hilarious that you post about things you read on the forums but don't actually participate in.
    Are you asserting that the patch notes are wrong, and these changes have not actually been made?

    People have concerns about the direction Trion has taken since F2P and the type of re-hashed content they release.
    They do, but what many players have asserted is that nothing is getting attention anymore unless it's for the cash shop, and a whole lot of the stuff I'm seeing in the patch notes clearly does not fit that theory.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

  15. #15
    Plane Walker Horsesock's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    Are you asserting that the patch notes are wrong, and these changes have not actually been made?

    They do, but what many players have asserted is that nothing is getting attention anymore unless it's for the cash shop, and a whole lot of the stuff I'm seeing in the patch notes clearly does not fit that theory.
    You need to work on your reading comprehension skills, where did I say anything about patch notes?

    Trion can add tons and tons of elements to each patch, but if it's not what the player base wants, then it's a waste. But you'd know that if you played, right?

    We can talk about those patch notes though -
    Who cares about IPP? that was a complete was of development cost to anyone who plays a 60. They spent development time for what percentage of the player base? with limited replayability.

    They pushed Warrior changes (Tempagon) that were broken in pvp and pve, and these broken mechanics were known before the 2.5 release - but they were published anyway.

    For me and others, the entire rehash of dungeons is not fun. It's the quality and type of content.

    So if you played, and could see that we are bombarded with check out the cash shop, there is a new quasi "world event" and replay some old content and kill some old bosses and npcs, you'd be able to make your own opinions instead of just reading some patch notes.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts