Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Mechanized Temporal Vault

Soulwalker

Default Mechanized Temporal Vault

Below is a the ticket that I posted in regards to the obviously broken boxes up during Mech Week.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    On 11/27/2013 8:47 pm [Mythathos] wrote:

I purchased the Mechanized Temporal Vault and Large Temporal Aligner and guess what!? You have me an item that I already have. I am very upset that I wasted my money on this only to get ANOTHER Non Tradeable Pwny 2.0. I feel I have given more then enough money to this game to not be snubbed by this. Correct it or I will find another game to funnel my funds into.

On 11/28/2013 6:53 pm [Mythathos] wrote:

Thinking this was a fluke.. I bought a few more boxes. Great.. Now I have an extra Mark III.

On 11/30/2013 7:44 pm [Customer Service] wrote:

Hello Mythathos! Thank you for contacting us regarding RIFT. We understand you've been having some trouble trying to get an item to drop, and would like to better explain the way drop rates work. Drop rates are 100% random, so even if you open 1000 boxes, your chance of that item dropping are just as likely as you getting it on the very first kill. A good way to look at it is like rolling a die; say you need to roll a 5 to get an item, you could roll that die 20 times without it ever landing on 5, or you could get it 20 times in a row. It all just depends on how lucky you are. This is the same for receiving duplicates of items. If you have any additional questions or concerns then please don't hesitate to let us know. Thank you for your continued support of Trion Worlds and for playing RIFT. Your reference number for this question is 131128-******* Sincerely, GM Zimsy Trion Worlds Inc.

On 12/1/2013 8:39 am [Mythathos] wrote:

That is not an acceptable answer. I would like to know the number of possible items that can be obtained through that box. I will compile a probability chart for you to explain why I am pissed that I have now obtained 3 Mark III pets and 2 Pwny 2.0. I did not pay roughly 675 credits each box to destroy an item. At least give me the illusion of usefulness by making the pets account bound. I request this be righted immediately.

Last edited by Captain Mal; 12-01-2013 at 05:49 AM.

Soulwalker

Default I Respond to this in Anger and Frustrarion

I bought five of your damned boxes and got 2 Grunt 33 out of one and 3 Wands of Mechanization that I already had and are now useless. The mech wands share a CD so I can't use them to make an army of minions. All of the items are SB so I can't even give them to my alts. Thank you for the 1200 credit item deletions.... I'm pretty pissed, my patron status is up now and I could have used the wasted credits for that. Now I'm not sure I will be bothering with buying patron status anymore. I would appreciate it if something was done to reimburse the lazy programming for the drop rate of these boxes.

Trion is not mandated by anything to release the drop rate information. Also, this post could have gone into an earlier thread on this matter, forum search is your friend.

Shield of Telara

I don't see the problem. You took a chance of a random drop and are complaining it was random? How odd..

its the Lotto in a game... no matter how many tickets you buy the odds stay the same for each ticket.

However, they could at least change the binding status so you can send dups to alts, one player.. one bank account so it doesnt make sense to not allow the player to use the duplicate items at least.

They should be bind to account, but if they were they'd might miss out on sales. Pathetic really. All they'll end up with is more people that will most likely never buy the crap boxes again.

If it makes you feel any better at all, I finally did the first quest and got my one box each on 12 toons. Not one of them got a pet. So umm, I guess you were lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Majorin View Post
    Get your tissues and self-confidence books ebabies. The crying has just begun.

Plane Touched

Listing "Everything" that is in the boxes would make it a lot more fair, as you can indeed do some chance calculations on that and see if you want to continue buying them yes-no.

I would day make the most desirable items also available through regular cash shop buying.
    I'm no fan of gambling, do the math, house always wins.

Soulwalker

Please read my entire post before taking the stance against it. I simply question the roll system for items. I paid good money to get an item from the box. I suggest removing items previously drawn from the box so there is no chance of duplication.

Default let me tell you a story about "wands" and "Horses"

In TBC, Warcraft, there was this horse... it dropped off the first boss in Karazhan.

On the first week, it dropped. On the second week, it dropped again. Everyone other raid guild was complaining that this darn horse would not drop for them and here we got two in our first eight days of raiding. What did people complain about? the loot they missed out on because of the darn horse that dropped!

Then, there was this instance in WoW called "Underbog" and the last boss dropped this wand called the "Black Stalk". A buddy of mine came along and after 50 runs - every time he came with, it never once dropped for his mage. Finally, one night, it dropped. A shadow priest rolled on it and won.

Much crying and lamenting was heard as my buddy logged off WoW for the last time that night.

RNG is RNG - don't gamble with real money if you can't afford to. Don't complain if you try your luck and lose. Would you be here if you had won? No.

What you are asking for is the odds to be adjusted in your favor so that as you technically "win" something every time - while I commend the idea of making things BoA, Trion does not have to abide by your terms for the rest and what you are suggesting is not really gambling or a risk, is it?
    Last edited by WockyCC; 12-01-2013 at 07:38 AM.
    Wocky Weekly EP#002 - Warcraft is dead, a failure - delusional RIFT fanboys
    Partner/Member of the CURSE "Union for Gamers" YouTube Gaming Network
    ★ twitter @WockyCC ★ blog WockyCC.tumblr.com ★ you-tube: WockyCC
    RIFT: ★ theWocky@Zaviel EUwockstar@Zaviel EU

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Mal View Post
    Please read my entire post before taking the stance against it. I simply question the roll system for items. I paid good money to get an item from the box. I suggest removing items previously drawn from the box so there is no chance of duplication.
    I did read it. You want a random box to not be random. Instead you want your odds to increase with each purchase.

I wish the lotto worked this way I probably would have one by now.

Ascendant

Every guild should put in a ticket because they got gears they dont need and now they are being runebroken while your warriors are all QQing how come their weapons dont drop when its clearly dropped for other guilds.

RIFT Guide Writer VampiricDemise's Avatar

They could do something like this for your "odds in a box" scenario to see what all potentially you can get. Still will not change the fact that you have a "chance" at an item and they do not increase due to the amount of boxes you get.

The prized items people look for in that game are usually at the top two rows. Rolling stops when either A) you get an item you are looking for in the lower tier/sells reasonably well or B) you land on the left side edge and are forced to "cash out" that item. Normally that is more of their gambling coins (crystals) and unfortunately the blue and gold colors cannot be removed and store there to fuel your addiction and lack of willpower to hit the roll button again. Also you would need either 10 Blues or 10 Golds to be able to unlock their ability to roll as well as puts you in a higher tier in the system. More often than not you will land on the coins again and not receive something of value to sell.

As much as people have complained over this event week of pushing cash shop as a World Event, Vaults being unique, a new system of keys (aligners) to unlock faster and items being BoP, it can be worse. Hopefully Trion will take away from this there were a lot of unsavory points that they did and adjust for the next time they try it.

The only thing I would like them to do is at least make the items BoA so you can share the wealth on characters that could benefit or use the items. I would suggest BoE but the issue there is that it will give people with a wallet more platinum in their pocket in the long run. The example video above has that and people who could afford their weekend sales (usually $100-$300 USD total) would come out richer in game because more often than not they will sell everything they unlock as well as items from their cash shop to others that do not have the game credits (a trend that is starting here in RIFT that is beside just selling REX.) But being the nature of lockboxes still, it may or may not be a good idea for BoE items since you still need to be lucky in getting something of value to sell (mount, pets, fluff items).

Khatha . Cleric . Guardian . Faeblight
    Want to see some of the dims I have made? Check my Gallery
    Hunting rare spawns in old Telara? The Handbook to Rare Spawn Creatures of Telara

Soulwalker

If the stuff was bind to account what would stop you from making a new char completing the quest sending the items off to your main, deleting the char and starting again? Just playing devils advocate I think this whole thing sucks

Ascendant

Below is a the ticket that I posted in regards to the obviously broken boxes up during Mech Week.
    /snip rngwhine
    I read the entire thing and guess what, I predicted every single event in your OP. My personal opinion is they should be removed from games completely but you have just proven why they stay - easy money. The GM basically just explained probability to you and was 100% correct. You didn't pay for an item you paid for the chance of an item and that's exactly what you got. Now if they did introduce some kind of duplicate protection then they would have to increase the chance of 'junk' since they can't increase the chance of a good reward then you could game the system and buy fewer boxes. These things should come under gambling laws since this is exactly what they are. The free box is nothing more than baiting and it's shameful Trion did this.#

Come to think of it, this should be investigated by the European Commission. Not just Trion but all lockboxes in games where you pay cash. There's nothing like an EC investigation to make US companies **** themselves.
    Last edited by Caitie; 12-01-2013 at 09:41 AM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by caitie View Post
    I read the entire thing and guess what, I predicted every single event in your OP. My personal opinion is they should be removed from games completely but you have just proven why they stay - easy money. The GM basically just explained probability to you and was 100% correct. You didn't pay for an item you paid for the chance of an item and that's exactly what you got. Now if they did introduce some kind of duplicate protection then they would have to increase the chance of 'junk' since they can't increase the chance of a good reward then you could game the system and buy fewer boxes. These things should come under gambling laws since this is exactly what they are. The free box is nothing more than baiting and it's shameful Trion did this.#

Come to think of it, this should be investigated by the European Commission. Not just Trion but all lockboxes in games where you pay cash. There's nothing like an EC investigation to make US companies **** themselves.
    I agree with the idea on gambling laws, I mean its highly addictive and not in a way that consumes your entire personal life but instead it consumes your bank account.

Idk if all places follow this standard but ive only ever seen lotto tickets purchasable with cash, using debit or credit is not allowed in order to prevent people going into debt. in this case they probably have an out because we are not directly purchasing lottery boxes with credit or bank accounts, we buy credits or dont pay anything via in game currency conversions, and therefore are paying with credits, a currency already paid for. Like I said I agree with you but they do have a legal backdoor to defend against gambling laws :-\

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast