+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Will the new 3.0 souls be acquired only from lock boxes?

Default Will the new 3.0 souls be acquired only from lock boxes?

Inquiring minds want to know...
    "Yeah, I'm on a drug, it's called Charlie Sheen!"

Ascendant

lol no. Same deal as the SL souls I'd imagine. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I'm sure Daglar hinted that the souls (and/or other goodies) could come before the 'expansion' in his 'State of the Game' address.

This is great. With the trend in Rift toward lock boxes I wouldn't be surprised.

But here's hoping Trion sticks to what they say and have content open like the current model.
    Randeth@Faeblight 70Mage
    Hanai@Faeblight 66Rogue
    Bhryne@Faeblight 60Cleric
    Varisil@Faeblight 60Warrior
    Jafera@Faeblight 60Primalist

Soulwalker

Default What is a sarcasm?

Good to see that nobody in this thread understands that it's a joke. :P

I laughed, good one!

Yes.

Lockboxes will be limited to 400 units per week.

Will cost $25 per box.

Will have a 67 hour Incubation period.

Table will include the new souls(On a .0001% chance), a large amount of level 1 White gear, a rare, extravagant mount(Same chance as souls), and a flag.

If you get the flag, a wallet pops out, opens up, the flagpole rises, and it waves a giant white flag reading "BUY MORE!" on one side, "BANG!" on the other. It will automatically equip itself to you after. Flag de-buff lasts 1 year, and cannot be removed unless you get a Flag Remover Spray from the box. Flag Remover Spray stays in your bag for 2 seconds before disappearing.

RIFT Guide Writer RoughRaptorsOld's Avatar

*shakes magic Dev ball*

The answer is yes.

I finally got the new soul! Unfortunately I won a Mage soul for my Rogue
    "Yeah, I'm on a drug, it's called Charlie Sheen!"

RIFT Guide Writer VampiricDemise's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kiiron View Post
    I finally got the new soul! Unfortunately I won a Mage soul for my Rogue
    Better luck next time! Too bad it is not BoA so your Mage alt could use the new soul.
    Khatha . Cleric . Guardian . Faeblight

The souls will not be directly purchasable or unlockable, but instead temporarily unlocked through Crusicibitor vials. (Crusader, Physician, Arbiter,Liberator) These vials will give a twenty-four hour buff, allowing you access to these wonderful souls. Because these souls are so powerful being from the plane of water themselves, you cannot permanently hold onto them, otherwise your mind will drown in madness. Once the Crusicibitor vial buff wears off, the souls and any builds using the souls will be locked to you. In order to unlock them again, you will have to buy more vials. Luckily for you though, these vials are bundled in multiples at a discounted price, for your every day silver pinching Telaran!

Quote Originally Posted by Asamai View Post
    Yes.

Lockboxes will be limited to 400 units per week.

Will cost $25 per box.

Will have a 67 hour Incubation period.

Table will include the new souls(On a .0001% chance), a large amount of level 1 White gear, a rare, extravagant mount(Same chance as souls), and a flag.

If you get the flag, a wallet pops out, opens up, the flagpole rises, and it waves a giant white flag reading "BUY MORE!" on one side, "BANG!" on the other. It will automatically equip itself to you after. Flag de-buff lasts 1 year, and cannot be removed unless you get a Flag Remover Spray from the box. Flag Remover Spray stays in your bag for 2 seconds before disappearing.
    Allods of Telara?

You buy a key that opens a level 10 Rift. During the Rift random boxes will spawn which you must also spend keys on to open in order the progress to the next stages. Finally at the end an NPC version of the new soul spawns as the boss and you kill it to close the Rift.

Quote Originally Posted by Wing man View Post
    You buy a key that opens a level 10 Rift. During the Rift random boxes will spawn which you must also spend keys on to open in order the progress to the next stages. Finally at the end an NPC version of the new soul spawns as the boss and you kill it to close the Rift.
    Are you crazy? They removed quests to open souls waaaaaay back in time (patch 1.4), cause you know, you had to do something for them...

Quote Originally Posted by Ailene View Post
    Are you crazy? They removed quests to open souls
    This is why I don't work for Trion. They come up with terrible ideas all on their own.

Shadowlander

I just heard from the grapevine, that 3.0 is a free xpac, but trion forgot to tell you its only for 1.5 gigs worth of down load, the rest you have to buy locked boxes in hope you get the key codes to continue the download,,,,

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast