+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree72Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Robe of the Sea

Rift Master

Default Robe of the Sea

Don't get me wrong. I think it's lovely.

I wanted to dye it, because I tend to dye everything purple if it isn't already so. I got the dreaded "Confirm use of this item?" as soon as I applied the dye. No primary/secondary options.

...I thought, after the Rake's bundle had been changed from this to a primary/secondary option, that you wouldn't do this anymore. I am a bit disappointed that the dye can only be applied in one place and only in a fairly inconspicuous way at that.

If you're going to make items not dyable, or with limited dye options, is there any way that can be indicated on the item tooltip so I can decide before I buy?
    Iphigeneia // Jehan // Coriolana // Cytrine@Faeblight
    "Just because I'm mad doesn't mean I'm not right!" -Sylver Valis

I agree, please add a secondary color to dye.

Don't got the robe, yet", but bumping this for awareness, certainly could need a secondary dye option with the given opinions already from diffrent players in a few diffrent topics.
    Rhynn, Venerated Member of <Invictus> - Gelidra (EU)

Rift Master

So... I guess we're not going to change this to two dye options, then? Very disappointed. I was really hoping that today's hotfix would've fixed this issue. :/ One inconspicuous dye option should not be standard for wardrobe items purchased with credits.
    Iphigeneia // Jehan // Coriolana // Cytrine@Faeblight
    "Just because I'm mad doesn't mean I'm not right!" -Sylver Valis

it's gorgeous. yes please change the dye options.

Quote Originally Posted by Majorin View Post
    Get your tissues and self-confidence books ebabies. The crying has just begun.

Prophet of Telara

income, 20 credits for additional dye spots. JK. My favorite thing about rift is the ability to customize your outfits with multi different colors and mix and match.

Would be a shame for the new wardrobes to limit dye options. I still wish they would bring back selling individual wardrobe parts, instead of buying a bundle and having to throw all of it away except that once piece you wanted.

Would see a lot more unique wardrobes running around, as many can't afford to buy so many wardrobes to mix and match.
    Last edited by DriftinARift; 12-04-2013 at 02:32 PM.

Plane Touched

I like it a lot, make the chest separate please.

I want more than anything to see that ugly fur bit dyeable so we can try and make it a little less conspicuous. Better yet, remove it altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by DriftinARift View Post
    income, 20 credits for additional dye spots. JK. My favorite thing about rift is the ability to customize your outfits with multi different colors and mix and match.

Would be a shame for the new wardrobes to limit dye options. I still wish they would bring back selling individual wardrobe parts, instead of buying a bundle and having to throw all of it away except that once piece you wanted.

Would see a lot more unique wardrobes running around, as many can't afford to buy so many wardrobes to mix and match.
    They did have some of the bundles separated out into individual pieces, but they up and consolidated them with no explanation. That left us with much fewer single outfit items to choose from (one set of boots, two sets of gloves, etc.). I refuse to buy a bundle for one or two pieces, so they have lost my purchases by doing so.
    RIFT- now Pay 2 Gamble 2 Win
    <Shattered Chain> of Faeblight .::. currently enjoying Guild Wars 2

I am also on board for the want to dye the fur part boat

I'm in agreement when it comes to atleast putting a small text in the tooltip if the wardrobe is dyable or not.

4/4 ToDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE
    3/4 GA | 2/3 IG | 3/5 PB

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Kitasia View Post
    I am also on board for the want to dye the fur part boat
    Is invisible a colour?

Quote Originally Posted by Brutalitiee View Post
    I'm in agreement when it comes to atleast putting a small text in the tooltip if the wardrobe is dyable or not.
    A dye preview system would be nice. It could then be integrated with the store.

Quote Originally Posted by caitie View Post
    Is invisible a colour?

Invisible, perfect.

I cannot help but think that a dye preview system would help boost store sales. If Trion can do drop-down lists, they can do this. I have often referred to LOTRO's dye preview system- that's just how it works. In the dressing room window, you can preview any piece of an outfit or put together an entire outfit. Then you can use drop-down lists to preview primary and secondary dye sections. You can preview an entire outfit completely dyed before ever purchasing a thing.

Especially when you have dyes in a game that cost many 10s of Plat each, this seems a necessity to me. It must be a rather basic feature since LOTRO has had it from the beginning (as I recall).
    RIFT- now Pay 2 Gamble 2 Win
    <Shattered Chain> of Faeblight .::. currently enjoying Guild Wars 2

@ Dye preview system- OMG YES. A full color palette in the store so we can click and see which colors we like best... so much win.

@ Robe of the Sea... I can't fathom why they would continue to put out clothes where we can't completely customize the entire outfit. There had to be an uptick in sales of that last dress thingamabob after they changed it so it was completely dye-able, right?

Don't get me wrong: mad props to the art team, they're pretty brilliant. But we don't all love the exact same colors/styles they do. More choice is never ever a bad thing.

Hawkemoon- Cleric- Greybriar
    Waiting for: Star Citizen

I like the ugly fur.

In fact, I would love the seafarer's bundle or whatever it's called, for more ugly fur goodness.
    Faeblight
    ilexx: lvl 60 High Elf Necromancer/Chloro
    RIFT 3.0 incoming soon... get ready for some surprises!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thitizen View Post
    Helicopters? Tesla Coils? Skrillex?

15.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #15

Quote Originally Posted by caitie View Post
    Is invisible a colour?

Dye previewing is coming soon to a Rift Store near you! We are gitty with how awesome this feature is.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast