+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree72Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Robe of the Sea

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Gingers View Post
    Dye previewing is coming soon to a Rift Store near you! We are gitty with how awesome this feature is.
    Will it be usable outside the store for existing items you want to dye?

2.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #17

Quote Originally Posted by caitie View Post
    Will it be usable outside the store for existing items you want to dye?
    Yes and No. If you want to preview dye on gear you already have, you just need to be wearing it. The character in the store on the right will still default to your current wardrobe.

Dye previewing is coming soon to a Rift Store near you! We are gitty with how awesome this feature is.
    that is awesome. will be a very nice addition!

That is super! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Majorin View Post
    Get your tissues and self-confidence books ebabies. The crying has just begun.

Oooh, cool! I am much looking forward to that.

I would like to point out: It would be super awesome, when previewing costumes, to have some way of altering their colors to see what parts are and aren't dyeable. As noted, some items have significant areas that aren't dyeable, and may not go well with some outfits.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Quote Originally Posted by Iphigeneia View Post
    Don't get me wrong. I think it's lovely.

I wanted to dye it, because I tend to dye everything purple if it isn't already so. I got the dreaded "Confirm use of this item?" as soon as I applied the dye. No primary/secondary options.[...]
    Please give that robe a secondary dye option +1
    Yours sincerely, 青い風 @Brutwacht

.: Aoi .:. Miyako .:. Sakurai .:. Shiroi :.

Visit me @ Twitch & Twitter

I am so surprised to hear this. It's one thing I thought we'd never get. A pleasant surprise, to be sure.
    RIFT- now Pay 2 Gamble 2 Win
    <Shattered Chain> of Faeblight .::. currently enjoying Guild Wars 2

Default sweet!

Well that is great news Indeed, unless....who wants to take bets, that it will cost Credits...LOL.
    Will be like the skin color/hair unlock account wide for such and such credits

I personally wish they would re visit each and every armor/wardrobe item in game and make every part 100 % dyeable, i never Buy anything in store unless i ask someone with it on if you can dye it all the way, which really sucks considering how many choices id have if i could dye stuff the way i wanted to, dont take away my options (as stated in a post i made a bit ago)) Give me MORE options.

9.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #24

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkabrat78 View Post
    Well that is great news Indeed, unless....who wants to take bets, that it will cost Credits...LOL.
    Will be like the skin color/hair unlock account wide for such and such credits

I personally wish they would re visit each and every armor/wardrobe item in game and make every part 100 % dyeable, i never Buy anything in store unless i ask someone with it on if you can dye it all the way, which really sucks considering how many choices id have if i could dye stuff the way i wanted to, dont take away my options (as stated in a post i made a bit ago)) Give me MORE options.
    Dye previewing will NOT cost Credits.

Here is an example of how it will work: I'm looking at the dye section of the store, I click on Red Dye, the primary of my entire outfit in the store will now look red. Next I click Grey Dye, the secondary of my entire outfit will look Grey. The next color I preview will replace the primary color.

Now that I have my red and grey dyes picked out, I can keep those previewed and look at more costumes. Every costume I click on to preview will also be red and grey.

Special bonus: This will also work for previewing dye recipes!

Here is an example of how it will work: I'm looking at the dye section of the store, I click on Red Dye, the primary of my entire outfit in the store will now look red. Next I click Grey Dye, the secondary of my entire outfit will look Grey. The next color I preview will replace the primary color.

Now that I have my red and grey dyes picked out, I can keep those previewed and look at more costumes. Every costume I click on to preview will also be red and grey.

SO COOL!

Also, I can see how this would likely help sell stuff.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Awesome possum Thank you Rift guys

This info did make me a little "giddy".

Ascendant

This is awesome

much love to the people responsible
    Quote Originally Posted by Frailaq View Post

tl;dr - Trion should do this: Melee = Turret Ranged > Mobile Ranged

Great to hear about dye previewing! But, is the Robe of the Sea going to have two dye options or not? I'd like to have it a different colour than teal.

Yes and No. If you want to preview dye on gear you already have, you just need to be wearing it. The character in the store on the right will still default to your current wardrobe.
    Any chance we can have a 'not tintable' icon placed on gear that can't be tinted so we don't bother checking on those pieces? Something like a teardrop with a circle and line crossed through it (like no smoking). Maybe it can be put on the little icon picture of the item. Or even a 'This item is not tintable' right there in the description of the item, so when we're picking quest rewards we don't end up picking the pretty cloak that might look lovely dyed instead of the actual upgrade item, only to find out it can't be dyed (not that I've ever had that specific issue come up or anything >.> ).
    Faeblight Forever!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast