+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree433Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: So about this "Mech Week" daily..

No matter how many or how few vaults you get for free, it should be called a Cash Shop Event, not a World Event. There's one daily and no other related quests, with slim to zero chance of getting any of the new items in the open world. It's hardly Mathosia Madness or Autumn Harvest. Please distinguish cash shop promotions from actual world events.

I don't have an issue with Trion using this daily quest to promote the cash shop. This is where they make their money to pay their employees, develop new content, and keep the servers up.

I do, however, disagree with the whole "World Event" tagging of both this and the last one, Fashion Week. World Events should be things like new content coming out, akin to the old River Of Souls introduction event, or the Ember Isle world event. This should be classified as something different.

Saying, hey, we're introducing some new items to the cash shop, here's a free one for doing this quest, and more can be purchased from the cash shop would have been sufficient. All the "World Event" classification made me do was open it and turn off track world events.

Quote Originally Posted by Rounded View Post
    You all are complaining about free stuff, stop being so self-entitled. I bet you threw away an iphone last xmas because you wanted an ipad.
    Day 1
    Do the daily - get a free Mechanised Temporal Vault

Day 2
    Mechanised Temporal Vault unlocks on its own
    Do the daily - get an item that reduces the time needed for a vault to unlock

Day 3

Day 4

Day 5

Day 6

Day 7

People aren't complaining about the free vault on Day 1, they're complaining that for day 2 to 7 there's absolutely no point to the daily quest, or the extra dungeon reward, unless you purchase vaults from the store to use the time reducing items, i.e. unless you spend credits / IRL money what Trion are advertising as a week long event actually lasts 24 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Llokii View Post
    I don't have an issue with Trion using this daily quest to promote the cash shop. This is where they make their money to pay their employees, develop new content, and keep the servers up.
    No, no, no.

This is not a way to make money, it's a way to piss off a lot of your customers and lose business.

You know how they could make money?
    "Hey guys, we've got a new permanent Mech Mount in the shop! It comes in 5 different colour schemes and can be purchased for X credits. To celebrate there's a new daily for this week only that rewards you with a vault that has a chance to contain the mount"

Now THAT, is how cash shops are supposed to be done... not this everything is a gamble nonsense.

Rift Disciple

Have you seen those items and the upgrade costs involved? I got lucky with my one freebie to get the caster sword (temporal unspeakable blade) that's shown on the rift store page. It's a two step upgrade to get it to a T1 level weapon (temporal grievous blade). First step costs you 4 empyreal marauder's LARGE cell, and the 2nd step costs you 6 of them. A total of 10 of the large cells to upgrade it. Now, I am forever grateful for fee stuff, but I don't see myself wasting either my ESM's or my credits on upgrading that. That's just a little over the top, if you ask me.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Compaq View Post
    No, no, no.

This is not a way to make money, it's a way to piss off a lot of your customers and lose business.

"Hey guys, we've got a new permanent Mech Mount in the shop! It comes in 5 different colour schemes and can be purchased for X credits. To celebrate there's a new daily for this week only that rewards you with a vault that has a chance to contain the mount"

Now THAT, is how cash shops are supposed to be done... not this everything is a gamble nonsense.
    Whole-hearted agree. Not being sarcastic when I say this...I truely wish you were a Trion employee in marketing. I mean it man. THAT's how it should be done.
    Last edited by Dreyloch; 11-27-2013 at 09:16 AM.

I have to admit this is starting to be too much for me as well. I am beginning to appreciate the old subscription based game more. So many games now rely on this cash shop model that it gets in the way of actually playing/enjoying the game.

No, no, no.

Fair enough, I'll agree with you on that.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Statler View Post
    I have to admit this is starting to be too much for me as well. I am beginning to appreciate the old subscription based game more. So many games now rely on this cash shop model that it gets in the way of actually playing/enjoying the game.
    Totally agree. I cancelled my subscription yesterday. I left GW2 for the same reason, and I am disappointed that RIFT is continuing down the same road.

Had a bad feeling this daily would end up being 'whale' bait somehow (beyond the obvious of having people spend to knock down the vault's opening time) - and here we are again. Giving players a taste of those near worthless gamble boxes like a dealer giving out free samples.

In both scenarios you end up broke, feeling empty and angry at the source.

Plane Walker

The SKY is falling. The SKY IS FALLING

Ahhh, well that's dumb.
    I would've paid money to get the mech mount, but not through lockboxes. Never through lockboxes.

Gratz to those who get it, but I don't care enough to gamble for digital goods.

Quote Originally Posted by kenx2020 View Post
    The SKY is falling. The SKY IS FALLING
    Can you try that again in English? I don't speak Sheep and google translate doesn't have an option for it....

Disappointing. They should remove the quest and just have given us the one off. Today's quest is insulting.

Time to put break my Transformer dvds! Damn you Shia Lebeffufff and Trion!

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

Can you try that again in English? I don't speak Sheep and google translate doesn't have an option for it....
    He's saying basically you do not have to buy lock boxes, ever. The entire game is bloody free, not many so called F2P games can hold that claim, absolutely nothing is blocked from you seeing the cutting edge end game content, reaching the highest rank in PvP, nothing.

You need never spent a damned cent in Rift ever, and yet we get post after post wailing about lock boxes and fluff stuff that some people think they simply must have or their life is a misery

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast