Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Trion stop the forum spam!

Ascendant

Default Trion stop the forum spam!

Hire someone who knows how to secure forum software against bots and fire the one in charge right now, its not so difficult actually...

its really getting ridiculous.

Glad I don't need tech support help right now, lol.
    Faeblight (US PVE-RP)
    Lifemender - Cleric (65) & Oxenheart - Warrior (65) ... & friends
    Look for any toons in the Cosmic Rhinocerii "guild". They're all me!
    Don't hesitate to say "hi!" if you see me. Always looking for new Rifters to help. If you need, just ask!

Ascendant

getting worse... hello trion? no pickee team out there? no sla 24/7 WTF?

tau
    Rift Chaser

They should hire a European mod to keep the forums clean while America sleeps. I'm available btw

Probably won't see this due to all the spam clogging up the What's new box. LOL
    Intim @ Zaviel EU
    Twitch Channel ,YouTube,Twitter

My name is Lindsay Lohan I am from Nigeria I am a widower and I am looking for pretty American woman to inherit my 500 million dollars, I just need some money to pay fees for transfer, send me $10K and I will get back to you.
    There are not Powers above the Earth, on the Earth or beneath the Earth that can separate us from His love.

Exactly.

Still if more people post here then the problem might be noticed....

I blame that Trove box for being opened
    Intim @ Zaviel EU
    Twitch Channel ,YouTube,Twitter

Ascendant

If they can't [ cannot ] manage the forum spam they may as well close the pages down for all the good they are doing. I manage a forum and I will delete immediately it occurs. Appears they are either incredibly laid back and lazy or deliberately ignoring the problem. What other reason is there ? Can't [ cannot ] say I have ever seen anything that bad on any forum, like anywhere. Very odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Intim View Post
    Exactly.

Still if more people post here then the problem might be noticed....

I blame that Trove box for being opened

Dont blame Trove, that spam was there way before they announced Trove mate... Been watching it on the Tech forum for way over two weeks
    Leyanyar & Taresys: Nocte Eterna Zaviel EU - Zanthas, Lalena, Corrach & Cyanese : The Templars Faeblight NA - Lalenadd & Cyanesel: RDD Road Trip on Laethys NA
    Dimensions: Cyanesel - RDDAnhkor Pools, Zanthas - Zanthas Apothercary WIP Faeblight

Rift Disciple

This is par for Trion.

I swear the spam is breeding, it's moved off the Tech Support onto other sub sections now

I posted this before, no harm reposting this screenshot, this is how FF14 deals with it, i'd say apply it to all sections, if you're not playing Rift or at least don't have leveled past level 1 chars in the game you have no business posting, simples

Last edited by Slipmat; 11-18-2013 at 06:06 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    I posted this before, no harm reposting this screenshot, this is how FF14 deals with it,
    Apply to all sections, yeah, great idea, then Joe Newbie who can't get into the game to create a character can't even post on the Tech Support forums, something that SE allow.

Did you THINK about this stupid idea (apply to all sections), for even 5 seconds?

No, the solution is to employ LIVE moderators and someone to write a half-decent filter for the data entry panel in the forum software.
    Last edited by Kerin; 11-18-2013 at 06:27 AM.

Prophet of Telara

Actually you can employ a combo of the two. I agree that disallowing positng rights entirely to new people who need help getting the game to run in the first place is shooting oneself in the foot. Especially seeing as the tech support forum is the one that gets nuked most often. But they can put caps on the number of new threads one account is allowed to start in x amount of time for starters. Maybe limit it to 1 new thread every 5 minutes. I'd assume devs and mods wouldn't have to have the restriction.
    I will not delete my characters for an unwated server merge.

They can moderate posts and lock threads, but they can't delete spam? What's up with that?
    RIFT- now Pay 2 Gamble 2 Win
    <Shattered Chain> of Faeblight .::. currently enjoying Guild Wars 2

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast