+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree12Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Today's Update - No Warning of Shards Going Down

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by EchoesIE View Post
    I don't know how long you've been playing -- but if its been for any length of time, you've known when the shards come down down for every routine fix: every Wednesday morning around 8 AM PST. Its been this way for years. All major patches and most hotfixes...every Wednesday. So it shouldn't be a surprise when 7:55-8:10 rolls around and you're booted.
    Who the heck knows, with the problems they've been having lately. There was even speculation that the reason we weren't getting the warnings was b/c they were postponing the update on account of not being ready to deploy.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by OptimusPrimal View Post
    There was even speculation...
    And there ya go. Believing speculation and the he-said, she-said.
    Last edited by EchoesIE; 11-13-2013 at 08:31 AM.
    [CENTER]
    Cleric Tank - Trinity - 100k HP Club
    3/3 IG | 4/5 PB

3.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #18

Hey guys,

It looks like there was a hiccup with our regularly scheduled messages. I apologise for not addressing this sooner-- I'm checking in with the responsible parties to see why they didn't go out, and we'll work on ensuring this doesn't happen again in the future.
    CM Morgana ~ Community Coordinator ~
    Avatar art is courtesy of Allie Brosh!

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by EchoesIE View Post
    And there ya go. Believing speculation and the he-said, she-said.
    From your previous comments, your expectation is that the shards will go down at 8am PST since that's what they always do, and yet you poohpooh the expectation that there should be a warning preceding the shards going down, despite the fact that's what they always do. Not very consistent, are you?

If it's rational to expect patterns to repeat themselves, then it's also rational to wonder if something's up when those patterns fail to appear.

Telaran

Ah yes.. To be honest, I forgot.... that I'd switched from server time to Eastern Australian Summer Time and so was killing bashing and maiming to my hearts content.

Ah well..... just have to soulwalk when server comes back.

And in that case... Where were the blasted warnings??? Been regular as clockwork since I started playing the game.

And at 3.00AM EAST... my brain ain't at its greatest functionality-wise.
    Last edited by Furlozza; 11-13-2013 at 08:42 AM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by CM Morgana View Post
    Hey guys,

It looks like there was a hiccup with our regularly scheduled messages. I apologise for not addressing this sooner-- I'm checking in with the responsible parties to see why they didn't go out, and we'll work on ensuring this doesn't happen again in the future.
    Cool, thank you for looking into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Xamot View Post
    I am a big boy now. I can wipe my own arse and tell time. We don't need a damn reminder every five minutes about something we already know.
    Exactly...its Wednesday...the majority of the population knows that Wednedsays are update days. So dang tired of seeing posts about Wednesday updates >.<
    Seltara ~ Defiant

Not everyone reads these forums daily, I didn't even know there was a patch today. We had just finished Ahkane, and were on our way to Kaaz. Luckily it went down in between, hopefully I got the Ahkane credit. Not that big of a deal I suppose since there will most likely be more rounds of weeklies beings its wednesday but a few mins warning would be nice so you know your not in the middle of stuff when you login and get your rest exp
    Last edited by Orbitalz; 11-13-2013 at 08:49 AM.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitalz View Post
    Not everyone reads these forums daily, I didn't even know there was a patch today. We had just finished Ahkane, and were on our way to Kaaz. Luckily it went down in between, hopefully I got the Ahkane credit. Not that big of a deal I suppose since there will most likely be more rounds of weeklies beings its wednesday but a few mins warning would be nice so you know your not in the middle of stuff when you login and get your rest exp
    Thats the thing, though, right? Its not daily, its just Wednesdays. You can definitely count on Wednesday mornings to be a bit tumultuous.
    [CENTER]
    Cleric Tank - Trinity - 100k HP Club
    3/3 IG | 4/5 PB

I actually thought the servers had gone down for the day. But seeings there is a patch, it will probably go down a few times.
    Last edited by Orbitalz; 11-13-2013 at 08:54 AM.

Yes anyone that has been playing for a while should know that Wednesday at 8AM server time is the usual time for patches. But Trion DOES seem to have this odd desire to attract new players and make their lives in-game less confusing.

Boggles the mind that people would come here and post that Trion shouldn't give an in-game warning for the benefit of brand new players or those that simply overlooked the time of day or the day of the week. Almost all of us know that they routinely give a warning and assumed it was just a glitch today - a glitch that the OP quite properly pointed out so they could check into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Furlozza View Post
    Ah yes.. To be honest, I forgot.... that I'd switched from server time to Eastern Australian Summer Time and so was killing bashing and maiming to my hearts content.

Ah well..... just have to soulwalk when server comes back.
    Server went down, I'm assuming it stopped logging data. You won't be dead, but will likely get some mob's attention when you log in.

Also, Rift death penalty is negligible.
    Kukri @Deepwood
    <-VIRUS->

Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    I wish there was a way to record combat logs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    Why can't sab have GTAE for its traps? This cast time is really lame, its 2014, make it so.

You had prior notice it says updates coming in the fae Yule, don't play dumb.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2