+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: EU Shards News

Plane Touched

about damn time. please keep them like that until you're 110% sure things dont get effed up once again. having 3 days/week of massive lags and shard crashes isnt going to keep ppl in the game. i couldnt give a crap about one international cluster where all are together (and can barely communicate tbh) when the game is unplayable due to lag. the ENG shard chats are already annoying with all the russian chat spam

Ascendant

try and error aproach in a tripple A mmo with hundredthousands of players ... wow ...

its a good step to seperate clusters again, cause lag is what most players will drive away instantly.

Best step would have been to not merge the cluster right before a big promotion sale ...

why this took 2+ weeks and costing ten thousands of new players is beyond my believe...

Plane Touched

Finally a response - thank you.
    I just hope you will speedily follow through with the new hardware to re-merge the cluster and keep up good and timely communication to restore of some of the faith and good will lost over the last three weeks.
    Last edited by Morykyra; 11-13-2013 at 03:46 AM.
    Moiran
    Immortal Tyrants of Typhiria

Shadowlander

Well.. glad we're going to have less lag and the game is going to be properly playable again, even for folks who aren't patrons.

Still doesn't remove the fact in the last three weeks Trion has effectively destroyed my guild with players finding the game unplayable and so finding other games and uses for their time.

I just wish Trion had listened to the playerbase alot sooner. The problems flagged as the reason for this cluster separation are problems players were flagging in this forum before the server merges had occured.
    GM: Clandestine, Zaviel Server.
    Dimensions: Silverwood Refugee Camp, Valorem Halls, Songcave

While it was so good to play together or against old friends from English shards, meet with them queue with them, the lag was unbearable.

One of my eyes is crying, the other one is laughing.

May I ask when will this happening? I hope before the weekend.
    Sheona/Faynee <VANEN> , <Apotheosys>

Better late than never as the saying goes. I would much prefer the shards remained separated by language. CQ since the merge was practically un playable due to the increase in numbers. Personally I prefered EU before the merge but its good some kind of fix to solve log in queues is in the works. The whole problem however could have been avoided with a little more attention to planning IMHO.
    Last edited by Rikalus; 11-13-2013 at 04:36 AM. Reason: dumbpredictivetexttypos
    Rikalus. Retired lvl 60 P76 Noob Mage. Bloodiron *Blue Team*
    Per Incendia Ego Perussi

glad to see something being done regarding the lag, sad it has to result in the cluster being split up again.

pvp especially has been a lot more fun since the merge

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    We will not be opening new shards. The primary load was on the cluster level and it should be alleviated by this temporary measure. We have been forced to lower the individual servers population caps due to the total number in the cluster.

As we plan to put things back together again in the future, we need to maintain the proper number of shards to do that.

I know some people miss Argent and I know that its loss was felt by many of you, but it will not be making a return.

~Daglar
    That REALLY sucks, and you lost me as a player when you took the roleplay server away. Don't you think that with the added new players from Steam, there would be a whole lot of roleplayers there too? Such a bad decision if you ask me.

Plane Walker

I really hope that you will merge the shards back together as soon as possible. PvP and espescially Conquest have never been so alive. The CQs with all of the last minute action- I'm sure nearly all PvP players will want them back fast.

CQ with teams of 20s with one that has a pre and is steam rolling the others is not really fun and the new matchmaking system really needs a big pool of players to make any sense. So as much as I understand the decision, please don't let us wait too long

All EU shards just went offline!

Uuuh succes trion You call all those lags and qeues as patron and all the server chrashes succes going to Be a Nice future then

Quote Originally Posted by vanityxuk View Post
    glad to see something being UNdone regarding the lag.
    ftfy.../10char
    Last edited by Landru; 11-13-2013 at 10:29 AM.
    I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant

Shadowlander

Thank you for addressing the issues and finding a work around, albeit temporary, and look forward to the inevitable fix to this

I'm glad that Trion finally went back to two clusters for you EU folks. It is a terrible shame that they did not do this as soon as the Steam re-launch was realized to be as huge as it was. I wonder how many thousands of EU players walked away from Rift between then and now, who would have stayed had this been implemented sooner. Yet we know Trion was desperate to keep you all in one cluster, which was/is the ideal for the players.

I realize the Engineers at Trion were under a lot of pressure to find a solution that would have saved the one cluster. Dividing the EU into two clusters is not the solution Trion wants, because they know the EU playerbase thrived as one cluster, and splitting into two dramatically impacts gameplay. They took a risk that the Engineers could come up with a fix that went prevent a reversion back to separate clusters.

Alas, it was not to be. Trion had their reasons for holding out, though as an outsider I had hoped that they would have gone to two clusters sooner. I felt that playing with fewer shards in a cluster would have been a less-worse situation than not being able to play at all, or lagging so much that the game was virtually unplayable for those who COULD get in. The former was just not the ideal amount of fun, the latter, however, would easily lead a new player to think Trion less than competent for not being able to manage lag after several years running their game. The architectural nuances of clusters and whatnot would not have been at all apparent to almost all new players.

I just hope the decision to hold onto the single cluster for so long ultimately works out in the end, and the thousands who left in disgust after trying (or re-trying) Rift come back to experience Rift when the ideal solution is eventually implemented?

Perhaps, once the dust settles and Rift is running properly again, a promotion for all old EU accounts that joined/ reactivated/ active during this time might get some credits, or perhaps a complimentary 7 day patron pass, so they can try Rift as it should have been tried? Give folks an incentive to change their mind (as must folks who decide a game is "crap" rarely come back given so many qualtiy F2P options out there). Just a thought.
    Faeblight (US PVE-RP)
    Lifemender - Cleric (65) & Oxenheart - Warrior (65) ... & friends
    Look for any toons in the Cosmic Rhinocerii "guild". They're all me!
    Don't hesitate to say "hi!" if you see me. Always looking for new Rifters to help. If you need, just ask!

Quote Originally Posted by Phelim on the Moor View Post
    Yet we know Trion was desperate to keep you all in one cluster, which was/is the ideal for the players.
    Go do some random SL expert runs.

Find yourself in a group with people that have no idea of tactics.

Find out that none of you speak a common language so you can't explain the tactics to the people that don't know them.

Wipe over and over again because you don't know the Russian for "don't stand in fires" or "LOS the boss when he casts ability X" and people won't agree to kicking the person who's causing the wipes.

Come back to forums and tell us again how much everyone wants a single cluster populated by players that can't understand each other.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast