Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Is this what the Rift community is like?

Soulwalker

Default Is this what the Rift community is like?

I just got kicked out a guild for being Russian. The guild leader started to kick everyone that he thought was Russian or just not American. I just started to play this game and If this how the community is then I don't want to be part of this.

I didn't knew where to post this so if the mods have to move it its fine. I'm just mad at this guild and his people.
    Here are the screenshots http://i.imgur.com/SjMoihb.jpg and http://i.imgur.com/soduRap.jpg?1
    Thanks

Thats for sure not the common Rift Com., i cant speak for the NA servers, but on the EU Servers its def. Nice/Mature People that outnumber the Trolls/jerks.

Btw. if you play on "normal" times, isnt the most of the russian players on the EU servers?

And Name calling isnt allowed on the Forums, just sayin :

Quote Originally Posted by sshollow View Post
    I just got kicked out a guild for being Russian. The guild leader started to kick everyone that he thought was Russian or just not American. I just started to play this game and If this how the community is then I don't want to be part of this.

I didn't knew where to post this so if the mods have to move it its fine. I'm just mad at this guild and his people.
    Here are the screenshots http://i.imgur.com/SjMoihb.jpg and http://i.imgur.com/soduRap.jpg?1
    Thanks
    Yeah because one doucebags behavior reflects everyone else. Either you QQ and "stop being a part of it", or you man up and find a guild who doesn't care where you come from.

4/4 ToDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE
    3/4 GA | 2/3 IG | 3/5 PB

From what I've seen lately, yes.
    Pantz@Hailol
    Asia's best cleric

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by R3db4ss View Post
    Thats for sure not the common Rift Com., i cant speak for the NA servers, but on the EU Servers its def. Nice/Mature People that outnumber the Trolls/jerks.

Btw. if you play on "normal" times, isnt the most of the russian players on the EU servers?

And Name calling isnt allowed on the Forums, just sayin :
    I'm just pissed off that this guy kicked me without any good reason. It wasn't just me, 2 other people got kicked as well. Today is us, tomorrow is someone else. I think he deserves to be banned at least 24 hours.

It's a crappy reason, but I'm going to cautiously err on the side of it not being at all a majority mentality. Good luck on finding a guild that suits your needs, though. That can be an arduous task for many.

I would report that individual through the proper channels. I am not sure much can be done but at least you tried. Racism shouldn't be something that is taken lightly in this game. I am sorry that happened to you and no we are all not like that!

He did you a favor. Now you can join a guild that isn't led by a racist moron.

Prophet of Telara

What that guy did was totally wrong. I wouldn't call it racist, but more along the lines of nationalist.

Quote Originally Posted by Behold My Cape View Post
    It's better to be judged by twelve,
    than be carried by six...
    "X" thinks, I AM that "X".
    I THINK. Therefore, I Am.

Hey don't let it get you down at all. I am sorry that happened to you and definitely would report it. There are plenty of good people in this game that don't care where your from. Beat of luck and hope you find good people to play with.

Soulwalker

I'm over it now. I just didn't like his attitude. The game is really good so I wont stop playing because of some random moron.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Behold My Cape View Post
    Russian isn't a race.
    "Persons attempting to find a motive in this narrative will be prosecuted; persons attempting to find a moral in it will be banished; persons attempting to find a plot in it will be shot." - Samuel Clemens

Quote Originally Posted by Chandrae View Post
    Russian isn't a race.
    So African American isn't a race either nor Indian Chinese or Canadian? Racism is called that based on Nationality even though we are all Humans.

Quote Originally Posted by Chandrae View Post
    Russian isn't a race.
    Pick it apart with whatever pedantic nonsense you want - hate speech is hate speech regardless. Militant nationalist, racist, whatever - file them all in the closed minded moron pile.

He's better off not being in a guild with them.
    Last edited by Behold My Cape; 11-10-2013 at 07:50 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast