+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Razer Game Booster - Anyone use it?

Shadowlander

Default Razer Game Booster - Anyone use it?

I came across this Razer program yesterday and installed it just trying to squeeze a little extra oomph out of my computer. A few hours later, I was playing and suddenly DC'd a bunch of times and then banned and have had to contact the "appeals" department to apparently try to persuade them that I'm not a bot or something.

If someone had spent three seconds of time watching me play I think it would've been pretty obvious that I wasn't some kind of bot, and I'm assuming my account will be reactivated, but seriously... wth? Wouldn't the more logical way to approach this be to have the game automatically flag an account suspected of cheating and then have a real person look into it before taking such an action? I feel like it's a very disrespectful way to treat your paying clients to assume the worse and ban them without even looking into the situation first - then making them get in touch with you to plead their case. I didn't even get an email from them saying what happened, I had to research the internet to figure out what even happened.

/sigh Anyone else experience this?

Shadowlander

don't use it, it sux

Shadowlander

Thank you, that was an extremely helpful reply.

Shadowlander

as helpful as this program.

Ascendant

My guess is that the program hooks into the Rift client somehow. This is against the ToS as it modifies the program/interferes with it.
    Last edited by Caitie; 11-10-2013 at 11:38 AM.

Shadowlander

This software doesn't do ANYTHING in-game. It is supposed to help windows channel its resources into running the game. It doesn't have a single thing to do with helping you play the game, other than I think it has the ability to take screenshots in games (which isn't necessary in Rift, but probably is convenient for other games).

Shadowlander

this program does nothing to Rift just disable some windows services and you get worse perfomance than without it.

If you are banned probably you used some other programs..

Champion of Telara TheDoomgiver's Avatar

Default ahahaahaahhaha

using a 3rd party program to "try" and improve performance.

not using task manager to end memory-hogging programs, not uninstalling bonzibuddy.exe and not cleaning out startup programs list in msconfig.

enjoy your ban, you deserved it.

Shadowlander

Well, at least the appeals department is FAST. They said I was inadvertently caught up in the anti-hacking system and made some changes on their end so I can go ahead and play normally again. Didn't say anything about having to stop using the program.

Glad they work weekends, I was expecting to have to wait til Wednesday to hear from a live person.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by TheDoomgiver View Post

not using task manager to end memory-hogging programs, not uninstalling bonzibuddy.exe and not cleaning out startup programs list in msconfig.

Interesting... the GM doesn't agree with you at all, and didn't tell me to stop using the program and has turned my account back on already. Maybe you should think before you speak.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Dnalor1337 View Post
    If you are banned probably you used some other programs..
    No probably not or I wouldn't be here asking a question about this program would I, because I would already know the answer.

Some of you people really need to get lives...

Reel your neck in.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Xxio View Post
    No probably not or I wouldn't be here asking a question about this program would I, because I would already know the answer.

Some of you people really need to get lives...
    you can get banned for using cheat or bot and still come to forums cry that you got banned and want GM remove the ban

Have used Game Booster well before Razer took it over. It helps do things that you can do manually such as kill unneeded services/task (can do from task manager) defragment the drive or directory the game is installed in (any disk defragger can do this) check for driver updates etc.

It in no way hooks into any game program or any other program and has been around for a long time so if it was this program you may have version 4.0 which now allows streaming the games but again it shouldn't be the reason you get a ban.

As you point out you disconnected multiple times - Rift security sees this as an attempt to brute force hack your account so they ban it until you the owner can verifiy it. Hence the bans a lot of people was getting not long ago when they kept getting disconnected from the servers.

Calm down there, tough guy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast