+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree114Likes

Thread: Fall Damage - Take off the Baby Gates? Bring back Fall Damage.

Telaran

Default Fall Damage - Take off the Baby Gates? Bring back Fall Damage.

I recently came back to Rift. I played from launch for about two years then quit. After a year away several things still need fixing and some new issues have arisen. However nothing bothers me more than the lack of Fall Damage.

It's like we are playing Wizzard101 (a children's MMO where you physically can't run off the edge). If gamers lack the coordination to navigate heights they are probably to young to be playing this game as their age must be in a single digit.

It maps the world feel smaller, and it makes the game feel cheap. Feels like programing fall damage was just to complicated a code so we are on Super Hero Mode. If you want to make the world feel smaller than it is, adding all the new Gates was a great start but why not just add flight. Taking away fall Damage allowing Mountian Jumping feels so cheap and fake.

At the very least add some Parachute or Wing Graphic that appears to sort of Explain why a Lizard or Bat can hurt an Ascended but a 1000 foot free fall doesn't even cause them to blink.

Yeah I'm with you on this - the no fall damage kinda sucks.

But with all the GHR groups in Ashora running off cliffs to get to the next tear, yeah its a good thing there's no fall damage.
    The only way that someone from Cluster 2 is actually as bad as you all say is if they started playing this game in 2.3 (Free to Play launch).

Proud officer and Mage class lead of <Zombies>

So your argument is that rift is bad because it's not realistic? That somone could take damage from a lizzard but not a fall? Maybe gravity works different in telara? Sum up it doesnt matter, Do never try and force realism on a Fantasy game! it mupps everything up.

Be happy it's a great game (besides horrible lag) and just enjoy it

Telaran

If we have no fall damage, please take away all stupid "survivor-jump" achievements in the game. Was fun to experiment and explore in the beginning where you actually risked your "life" when jumpin around up in the hills.
    If you are chased/getting killed by a mob, just jump off the nearest cliff and the mob will reset and you'll survive anyway.

Meh..
    Quote Originally Posted by orlan View Post
    im pretty sure it was cerealkiller

Soulwalker

Taking fall damage on the SL maps is a pain in the ***.
    it will take you much longer to get from point A to point B if the fall dmg will come back.
    everything in SL is cliffs and jumps, its not like the old maps where everything is nice a green and if you take fall dmg you probebly on a mountain that you should not be on.
    in the SL maps its not practical to have fall dmg, cuz every 10m you will have to fall.
    you can pretend like there is fall dmg, go roleplay and walk only on the roads...good luck with that.

No, keep it as it is.... I quite like not having fall damage....

I would rather take no damage when falling and also have no achievements for falling.

There are few things in an MMO more frustrating than fighting your way along a path, taking up maybe 10 to 20 minutes of your time, only to find yourself at the top of a ridge with your quest turn-in far below, only to turn around and fight your way back again. Normally I would jump, die, and rez to avoid turning back.

All Trion has done is to give us a small convenience - for free.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if they took it away and gave us a cash shop "fall token". That's alot of cash to be made right there. More than the soul walk token, I imagine.

give us fall damage +1

Rift Chaser

We are Ascended - we've finally learnt how to soft-land

Rift Disciple

No. Fall damage brings nothing to the game. It just slows down travel. If you dont wanna superman off cliffs, DONT superman off cliffs. Leave the rest of the community out of it.
    Daemun, Graeven, Arnheim, Enterus, Kaael, Kareana
    Socius Amicitia
    Faeblight

If they bring back fall damage they have to fix mounts flying off into the beyond every time they run over a pebble.

Plane Touched

I hope that Trion returns fall damage in a patch without telling the community, just once... and it lasts for a day... that would be (hilariously) epic.
    Alise of Faeblight
    <Synergy>

Dear Trion: 'of Wonderland' title, please. Love, Alise

Ascendant

I thought the fall damage was removed because it was creating a technical issue with the game and it provided the easist option to resolve it.

Telaran

Should at LEAST HAVE FALL DAMAGE BROUGHT BACK TO WARFRONTS AS IT CAN BE USED AS A VIABLE TACTIC. IT WAS STUPID TO TAKE IT OUT TO BEGIN WITH.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Aksinan View Post
    So your argument is that rift is bad because it's not realistic? That somone could take damage from a lizzard but not a fall? Maybe gravity works different in telara? Sum up it doesnt matter, Do never try and force realism on a Fantasy game! it mupps everything up.

Be happy it's a great game (besides horrible lag) and just enjoy it
    You must be new, they used to have fall damage. Then people QQ'd that Cliffs were scary so they removed it. Dwarf's Racial Bonus was being able to take less fall damage. If Gravity worked differently you would fall really slowly, or not at all.

My point is that, it was a mistake to change this. They are making the game to much a a children's game and WOW is already out there for that. If they QQ every time someone dies then they should just get rid of HP's and make everyone invincible.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast