+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Hacked!!!

Ascendant

This is the first hacked post I've seen in years and I'm sceptical. Either someone's pants are on fire or his email address password is the same as his account password.

Shield of Telara

You can't do anything abusive when coin locked. I am very sceptical of this..
    Last edited by Hydron; 11-09-2013 at 09:42 AM.

Telaran

loool - love the discussion. Glad to hear and encouraged that Rift can and does restore the Items.

Also if this was a personal hack... why were certain things not taken/sold for plat, and why didnt the guys clean out the guild bank which he would have had full Access to.

Ok I swallow that maybe he got Access to my email and Passwords and circumvented the coin lock that way, which makes sense BUT!!!!! when I logged in I was not coin locked... The Moment I logged in again, I should automatically have been coin locked again since my IP is diff from hackers - so that kinda screws that theory. Weird Thing is I did receive emails that I was??? So figure that one out.

For the record I NEVER share my info with anyone, and I have sole Access to my PC.

It all round just does not make sense. that is why I asked if anyone else had this ahppen as it would mean a possible database corruption or something. Maybe one of the DB admins screwed somthing up... but then why no platt. I dunno, it smells like a hack program that simulates a Login and executes a whole lot of fancy LUA commands to ransack ur inventory and bank and then send then off to someone... no idea. But that still doesnt explain the coinlock circumvent. AGAIN cause if he did get my email passwd and got the coinlock code... then I should have been coin locked on relogging and I was not.

So anyones guess...

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Mausea View Post
    The thing is, the coinlock was never deactivated, so the invader could not sell things. The email account wasn't corrupted, just the email with the code for deactivating coin lock cought Meraques attention. He stepped in the game, stood at the same place where he logged out, and got no coin lock. IF the invader would have had the coin lock deactivated, Meraque would have get a coin lock by himslef, because of change of access.

So it is weird... and that was the only reason to post it here... because all the normally occuring problems after a corruption to an accout (i.e. no access to the account, coin lock again or similar) didn't occur.

And with a coin lock he couldn't sell anything. All the gone stuff were soulbound... things which could have been sold (if coin lock woul have been deactivated) are not gone. THAT is the weird thing.

EDIT: Meraque is a leader of an allied guild to Entity, so we have contact, but don't share account... to be clear!
    Then how did he get 2 coin lock e-mails if the coin-lock never was removed?

The hacker sorted his inventory, NPC'ed everything to the RIft Store, then summons a mail NPC, mails all plat and he's done. How much time do you think he needs? He doesn't even need to move. But we can always go into conspiracy theories lol.

Maybe it was the NSA.

Rift Chaser

I can play rift on both my brothers computer and on my computer without getting coin locked, I think I remember something about the game remembering passed computers you unlock coin lock on.

You say that you had 2 e-mails saying a coin lock was applied ? where these e-mails open when you found them ?

Seems weird how you have 2 e-mails and your stuff has gone but no one has access to your account as you say, nothing can go past the coin lock without that code. To even get coin lock open on your account if you no longer have access to the e-mail your account is created with you have to sit on live chat with a tech for 45mins and confirm purchases, passwords, credit cards and dates related to the account.

^^ that is how secure coin lock is, this only leaves the offender had access to your computer/previous used computers ..... and/or e-mail

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Meraque View Post
    loool - love the discussion. Glad to hear and encouraged that Rift can and does restore the Items.

Also if this was a personal hack... why were certain things not taken/sold for plat, and why didnt the guys clean out the guild bank which he would have had full Access to.

Ok I swallow that maybe he got Access to my email and Passwords and circumvented the coin lock that way, which makes sense BUT!!!!! when I logged in I was not coin locked... The Moment I logged in again, I should automatically have been coin locked again since my IP is diff from hackers - so that kinda screws that theory. Weird Thing is I did receive emails that I was??? So figure that one out.

For the record I NEVER share my info with anyone, and I have sole Access to my PC.

It all round just does not make sense. that is why I asked if anyone else had this ahppen as it would mean a possible database corruption or something. Maybe one of the DB admins screwed somthing up... but then why no platt. I dunno, it smells like a hack program that simulates a Login and executes a whole lot of fancy LUA commands to ransack ur inventory and bank and then send then off to someone... no idea. But that still doesnt explain the coinlock circumvent. AGAIN cause if he did get my email passwd and got the coinlock code... then I should have been coin locked on relogging and I was not.

So anyones guess...
    New theory, you suffer from Multiple Personality Disorder, and your alternate personality did all of that.
    \

Telaran

Yup pretty much what you said there only he would not have done it in Person, as there are things he would have normally done that werent done. I am sure it is a program that simulates a Login, scans thru ur entire inventry and bank and vendors it for plat, the stuff that doesnt sell get left behind, and then the plat is sent of to a target. Joke it on him tho cause He would have gotten no more than 500plat.

What totally sucks is the rare dungeon Drops and the Focus full of Torvan legend essenses as it took FOREVER to grind for that. So totally hate that dude now.

Of course if someone has a program like this People with 15-30K plat better start cr@pping themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Temo View Post
    Then how did he get 2 coin lock e-mails if the coin-lock never was removed?

The hacker sorted his inventory, NPC'ed everything to the RIft Store, then summons a mail NPC, mails all plat and he's done. How much time do you think he needs? He doesn't even need to move.
    This is what I'm thinking as well. It takes all of one second to auto-sort. And if it's true the game remembers past computers, that would explain why the OP didn't get coinlocked upon logging in after being hacked.

I hope you have changed your e-mail and game passwords.
    RIFT- now Pay 2 Gamble 2 Win
    <Shattered Chain> of Faeblight .::. currently enjoying Guild Wars 2

Quote Originally Posted by Mausea View Post
    The thing is, the coinlock was never deactivated, so the invader could not sell things. The email account wasn't corrupted, just the email with the code for deactivating coin lock cought Meraques attention. He stepped in the game, stood at the same place where he logged out, and got no coin lock. IF the invader would have had the coin lock deactivated, Meraque would have get a coin lock by himslef, because of change of access.

So it is weird... and that was the only reason to post it here... because all the normally occuring problems after a corruption to an accout (i.e. no access to the account, coin lock again or similar) didn't occur.

And with a coin lock he couldn't sell anything. All the gone stuff were soulbound... things which could have been sold (if coin lock woul have been deactivated) are not gone. THAT is the weird thing.

EDIT: Meraque is a leader of an allied guild to Entity, so we have contact, but don't share account... to be clear!
    Not true about another coin lock. I have 2 accounts and sometimes go to my sons where the ISP is different once I was coin locked I deactivated it. Returned home (back to old ISP) and no new coinlock was issued. Trion doesn't tell us completely how coinlock happens but its based on more than just whether you switch ip addresses its also got other variables in there. Next if he has vendor/mailbox abilities he doesn't need to move an inch to sell things off. As for how things were stacked (sort is amazing) and next I doubt this is some program working offline. He got hacked simple fact. He needs to open a ticket (which is going to take a bit) or go to live chat which is open. He posted here to scare people into thinking theres some program out there getting into our accounts and taking our stuff. He also didn't want comments.

The idea of a program doing this just to his account is a bit mind boggling considering it also needed to get the unlock code for the coinlock which can only be done through the email which as many have pointed out is taking an absurd amount of time and nearly all routines in programs time out so hmm gee I wonder if I work in IT means I am a programmer. Heck I could work in IT and be a janitor.

Get real this was a person hacking and probally a good buddy who just stole all your stuff.

Rift Master

Of course if someone has a program like this People with 15-30K plat better start cr@pping themselves.
    If only there was a way to secure an account beyond a password. Maybe like an authenticator? Gosh, if only there was such a tool...

Rift Chaser

My IP address changes once a week (or whenever I reset my router). I only get coin-locked occasionally when it changes these days. It seems that Rift learns which IP ranges your ISP uses and only coin locks you if the new address is from a range it hasn't seem before (or for a long time).

That said, with the database problems they've had since 2.5 anything is possible, my best guess is they updated the database format and some bits of the code are still using the old format and crapping on the wrong fields from time to time (would explain what happened to patron vials too).
    Last edited by Lightwell; 11-09-2013 at 10:56 AM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Aalnyan View Post
    Not true about another coin lock. I have 2 accounts and sometimes go to my sons where the ISP is different once I was coin locked I deactivated it. Returned home (back to old ISP) and no new coinlock was issued. Trion doesn't tell us completely how coinlock happens but its based on more than just whether you switch ip addresses its also got other variables in there. Next if he has vendor/mailbox abilities he doesn't need to move an inch to sell things off. As for how things were stacked (sort is amazing) and next I doubt this is some program working offline. He got hacked simple fact. He needs to open a ticket (which is going to take a bit) or go to live chat which is open. He posted here to scare people into thinking theres some program out there getting into our accounts and taking our stuff. He also didn't want comments.

The idea of a program doing this just to his account is a bit mind boggling considering it also needed to get the unlock code for the coinlock which can only be done through the email which as many have pointed out is taking an absurd amount of time and nearly all routines in programs time out so hmm gee I wonder if I work in IT means I am a programmer. Heck I could work in IT and be a janitor.

Get real this was a person hacking and probally a good buddy who just stole all your stuff.
    Gawd I luv trolls when I am in a **** mood. Dude plz put down ur ingame Name cause "this Person" wants to kill ur azz in WF like 1000 times if I ever get back in game!

And in case you missed it, no "good Buddy" of mine ever logged into my account because I NEVER give out my Details even to best friends. So unless fn James Bond bugged my flat with Webcams so he could get my stuff..... Also liek I said if it was done by a Person he was nice enough to stack everything in my inventory in perfect order, oh yeah and did I mention he was Kind enough to leave me with 14 catalytic dusts and 10 Major catalysts. Gee seems he had a heart after all....

Gawd I luv trolls when I am in a **** mood. Dude plz put down ur ingame Name cause "this Person" wants to kill ur azz in WF like 1000 times if I ever get back in game!

And in case you missed it, no "good Buddy" of mine ever logged into my account because I NEVER give out my Details even to best friends. So unless fn James Bond bugged my flat with Webcams so he could get my stuff..... Also liek I said if it was done by a Person he was nice enough to stack everything in my inventory in perfect order, oh yeah and did I mention he was Kind enough to leave me with 14 catalytic dusts and 10 Major catalysts. Gee seems he had a heart after all....
    You think I care that my ingame name is here? WF ooo thats gonna hurt me in real life. You're the one that got hacked not me. And in case you missed it AUTO SORT duh.

And them cata dust and major cata HEY LOOK they have no freaking value to a vendor. You really think this dude that hacked your account is going to stand around waiting for an auction? Only thing he wanted was plat. He wasn't going to stand there breaking things down to send HE SOLD everything with some value to the rift store or vendor and then mailed the plat off.

Have you gone to live chat? I don't see any update telling us that they have talked with you and are working on restoring your "hacked account" maybe go down some more whiskey as you clearly pointed out you were doing while writing this post.

Now finally would you like my real life address so you can maybe come at me at some place besides the forums with idle threats of kicking my azz in a warfront?
    Last edited by Aalnyan; 11-09-2013 at 12:17 PM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Aalnyan View Post
    You think I care that my ingame name is here? WF ooo thats gonna hurt me in real life. You're the one that got hacked not me. And in case you missed it AUTO SORT duh.

And them cata dust and major cata HEY LOOK they have no freaking value to a vendor. You really think this dude that hacked your account is going to stand around waiting for an auction? Only thing he wanted was plat. He wasn't going to stand there breaking things down to send HE SOLD everything with some value to the rift store or vendor and then mailed the plat off.

Have you gone to live chat? I don't see any update telling us that they have talked with you and are working on restoring your "hacked account" maybe go down some more whiskey as you clearly pointed out you were doing while writing this post.

Now finally would you like my real life address so you can maybe come at me at some place besides the forums with idle threats of kicking my azz in a warfront?
    HHAHAHA!!!

Sure, but I would have to fly in from Germany, might take a while to save up the plat I Need for the ticket being hacked and all. Actually tbh I haven't touched a drop, the Whiskey comment was purely metaphorical. Anyway enuf banter seeing as how you are convinced I am the moron IT Janitor here soo anyway....

Cause u asked, I am in contact with Trion and they are sorting out the issue. Account has been temporarily frozen, so we will see what Comes of it.

I take it noone else has been hacked so kinda am ruling out the bad DB idea here, but we shall see...

HHAHAHA!!!

Sure, but I would have to fly in from Germany, might take a while to save up the plat I Need for the ticket being hacked and all. Actually tbh I haven't touched a drop, the Whiskey comment was purely metaphorical. Anyway enuf banter seeing as how you are convinced I am the moron IT Janitor here soo anyway....

Cause u asked, I am in contact with Trion and they are sorting out the issue. Account has been temporarily frozen, so we will see what Comes of it.

I take it noone else has been hacked so kinda am ruling out the bad DB idea here, but we shall see...
    Sorry airlines don't take plat only real money :P

Anyway I am glad to hear that they are on it. And I do hope you get your stuff back because being hacked or just plain stolen from is not a fun thing.

The Janitor comment was that working in IT doesn't make one a programmer. The ramifications of such a program existing would be amazing and doubt it was a program that did this. Some how someone got your info be it a keylogger or just brute forcing it over time.

As for people getting hacked. None that I am aware of because although as people have pointed out this is the first in a long time a lot of people use authenticators, diff pw's to emails etc and when they are hacked they simply contact support who has the tools to make sure such thing happened and take actions.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast