+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17
Like Tree4Likes

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: How do i get to Tempest Bay now?

  1. #1
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1

    Default How do i get to Tempest Bay now?

    From the patch notes:

    * The Storm Legion portal in the middle of Cloudbourne Tarn has been removed.

    I am trying to get to Tempest bay, a fairly new character, is there a quest or did they just move the portal and not tell anyone?

    EDIT: I am level 46.
    Last edited by ThePirateKing; 11-07-2013 at 08:05 PM.

  2. #2
    Ascendant xanduin246's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,766

    Default

    There's a new quest by the port in Meridian/Sanctum, but I think you have to be level 48. You could try anyway though.

  3. #3
    General of Telara Aerelith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    977

    Default

    Guild Rally Banner?

  4. #4
    Ascendant spaceboots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    5,760

    Default

    Go to your capital city. Anyone can get to TB. It's the two continents that level restricted.

  5.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #5
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,199

    Default

    As mentioned elsewhere on the forums, I did miss updating a breadcrumb quest sending players to the now missing portal in IP, but also as noted there is a Lycini ambassador next to the porticulums in Meridian and Sanctum that offers a quest doing the same thing the portal guys in IP did.

    This quest is currently offered at level 50. While the level restriction for SL zones is 48, the content is not really geared for a level 48 at all.

    THAT SAID... In the 11/14 hotfix, that same ambassador NPC will offer free transport to Tempest Bay for any level 48 player. So if you REALLY want to go to Tempest Bay a bit early, you will easily be able to do so.

    If you want to go to Tempest Bay WAY early, you will still be left to your own creative devices - rally banners, the loyalty teleport item, waiting for the Fae Yule free portal next month, etc.
    An Interested Observer
    #WontBeErased

    "Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

  6. #6
    Shadowlander Titanyium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    As mentioned elsewhere on the forums, I did miss updating a breadcrumb quest sending players to the now missing portal in IP, but also as noted there is a Lycini ambassador next to the porticulums in Meridian and Sanctum that offers a quest doing the same thing the portal guys in IP did.

    This quest is currently offered at level 50. While the level restriction for SL zones is 48, the content is not really geared for a level 48 at all.

    THAT SAID... In the 11/14 hotfix, that same ambassador NPC will offer free transport to Tempest Bay for any level 48 player. So if you REALLY want to go to Tempest Bay a bit early, you will easily be able to do so.

    If you want to go to Tempest Bay WAY early, you will still be left to your own creative devices - rally banners, the loyalty teleport item, waiting for the Fae Yule free portal next month, etc.
    The port that was in IPP until the recent change took level 48's to Brevane and Dusken. Now that it is removed how would a toon get to Brevane or Dusken when the Lycini Ambassador will only transport you to Tempest Bay as you've just stated.

    Even if I'm incorrect with level 48, perhaps you have to be 50 to use the Lycini Ambassador to get to TB, but the same question, does the new NPC transport you to either Dusken or Brevane? or just TB?

    Being a long standing patron I get Tempest Insignia on my toons. But without a manual banner or port to brevane or dusken I fail to see how a player will get there following the current progression.
    Last edited by Titanyium; 11-08-2013 at 04:28 AM.
    Raanor on Wolfsbane - 65 Rogue
    Asteryx on Wolfsbane - 65 Cleric

  7. #7
    Ascendant Slipmat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    6,370

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Titanyium View Post
    perhaps you have to be 50 to use the Lycini Ambassador to get to TB, but the same question, does the new NPC transport you to either Dusken or Brevane?
    The Lycini Ambassador next to the porticulums in Sanctum and Meridian will teleport you to either Brevane or Dusken, you get a choice, and you end up at the same starter places that the old portal in IPP sent you to.

    You do need level 50 though, at level 48 the Empyrean Commander in the same group will have a greyed out quest icon

  8. #8
    Ascendant mckeough's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,432

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePirateKing View Post
    From the patch notes:

    * The Storm Legion portal in the middle of Cloudbourne Tarn has been removed.

    I am trying to get to Tempest bay, a fairly new character, is there a quest or did they just move the portal and not tell anyone?

    EDIT: I am level 46.
    swim lol

    /10 char
    Chemicalimbalance - Rogue - Wolfsbane
    Sleep is Overrated

  9. #9
    Sword of Telara Telnedra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    LV, NV
    Posts
    807

    Default

    yea for TB teleport item ...tho if you don't have that guild rally will do the trick for you.
    Seltara ~ Defiant

  10. #10
    Champion of Telara Kantazo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,293

    Default

    So if you are under level 48 and have crafted your way that you need to go to SL to get the upgrades for your craft you are SCREWED?
    There are not Powers above the Earth, on the Earth or beneath the Earth that can separate us from His love.

  11. #11
    Shield of Telara Aalnyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    764

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kantazo View Post
    So if you are under level 48 and have crafted your way that you need to go to SL to get the upgrades for your craft you are SCREWED?
    No you'll have to swim or get a guild rally banner to there.

  12.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #12
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kantazo View Post
    So if you are under level 48 and have crafted your way that you need to go to SL to get the upgrades for your craft you are SCREWED?
    Nothing has changed in this regard. The continents of Brevane and Dusken have been level locked to a minimum of level 48 for quite a while now.

    The only things different right now is a difference of the quest being available at lvl 48 vs lvl 50, and an old breadcrumb quest that is still directing players to Iron Pine NPCs that are no longer there. Some adjustments to those two issues will be in the 11/14 hotfix.

    Tempest Bay is not and never has been intended for those under level 48. If you want to go there early, you will have to find your own way. But there are plenty of ways to find.
    An Interested Observer
    #WontBeErased

    "Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

  13. #13
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    641

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    Nothing has changed in this regard. The continents of Brevane and Dusken have been level locked to a minimum of level 48 for quite a while now.

    The only things different right now is a difference of the quest being available at lvl 48 vs lvl 50, and an old breadcrumb quest that is still directing players to Iron Pine NPCs that are no longer there. Some adjustments to those two issues will be in the 11/14 hotfix.

    Tempest Bay is not and never has been intended for those under level 48. If you want to go there early, you will have to find your own way. But there are plenty of ways to find.
    Before the lvl 48 restriction was put into place for Dusken and Brevane, as an under leveled toon, you could make your own way to IPP, take the port from there to the continent of your choice, and then walk to Tulan/Tuldio Retreat, and then take the boat to Tempest Bay, all without using a friend summon/rally banner. May have taken a while, and you had to be careful to dodge mobs, but possible.

    Don't know if that still worked once the restrictions were put in place. Just know that I did it before, and then used the crafting daily quests to take my warrior from 18 to 50.
    Last edited by Caldorian; 11-08-2013 at 01:24 PM.

  14. #14
    Shadowlander Titanyium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    The Lycini Ambassador next to the porticulums in Sanctum and Meridian will teleport you to either Brevane or Dusken, you get a choice, and you end up at the same starter places that the old portal in IPP sent you to.

    You do need level 50 though, at level 48 the Empyrean Commander in the same group will have a greyed out quest icon
    Thank you for clarifying this
    Raanor on Wolfsbane - 65 Rogue
    Asteryx on Wolfsbane - 65 Cleric

  15. #15
    Ascendant Slipmat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    6,370

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kantazo View Post
    So if you are under level 48 and have crafted your way that you need to go to SL to get the upgrades for your craft you are SCREWED?
    Not quite, they added all the various Faction quartermasters to Tempest Bay so if you got to Tempest Bay as even a level 10 you can still do the Storm Legion crafting dailies and now turn them in at Tempest Bay.

    Still leaves the problem of getting to Tempest Bay at level 10 without a Guild Banner or the Loyalty TB Insignia portal

    When Fae Yule starts next month, there will be a free portal to Tempest Bay from Sanctum and Meridian anyway for all levels.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts