+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast
Like Tree125Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Where did my patron pots charges go?

Quote Originally Posted by Beanster View Post
    At the moment there's no sense in saving the charges past 1, it's just one disconnect or log out and when you log back in all charges but 0 are (re)set to 1.
    This is not true. Mine have been at 0 all morning and I log out and in to various characters at least 10 times a day. 2 Accounts if yours is doing this then gratz you but I have yet to see it and screens or it isn't so.

I just got a response from support. They will be awarding everyone 500 credits.

That's right, 500 credits.

Nevermind that just ONE equivalent vial costs 432 credits in the Rift store.

Nevermind that I had at least 30 patron's vials saved up, as did many of you.

500 credits, Mr. Customer. Shut up and take it.

This is the day Rift died. It's over, folks. Trion despises you. Pack up and go to another game.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Ardor View Post

This is the day Rift died. It's over, folks. Trion despises you. Pack up and go to another game.
    Actually it is 234 Credits as they are the 40% ones but that is beside the point.

The main problem is that on some characters (3 of mine), vials are not accumulating at daily server reset. So it is an ongoing issue until fixed.

How dare they give you free money for something they plan to fix!

When I noticed I was back down to 1 patron pot of each, I shrugged and kept doing dailies. I can survive until tomorrow when I get another. Hell, I could even just do stuff without my 40% pots for a day or two! What a concept!

Please, feel free to go play some other game. I can assure you that your hilarious exaggeration will be sorely missed.
    Seranii@Greybriar - 60 Eth Warrior
    | SL: 11/12 T2, 5/8 T3 | NT: X/X T1 |
    < Dirty Casual until 3.0 >
    "One day you'll hang your head as you realize,
    You've heard it all but didn't listen to a word."

Quote Originally Posted by Seranov View Post

When I noticed I was back down to 1 patron pot of each, I shrugged and kept doing dailies. I can survive until tomorrow when I get another. Hell, I could even just do stuff without my 40% pots for a day or two! What a concept!

Please, feel free to go play some other game. I can assure you that your hilarious exaggeration will be sorely missed.
    Free money? When did giving someone a fraction of the replacement cost of something your mistakes made them lose become free money?

Logic?
    I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant

Rift Chaser

I'm glad your happy with the situation but it does not mean others are and it is their right to voice their opinion with regard to loosing benefits through no fault of their own.

And for some people including myself, we are not getting another one tomorrow as there is a problem with non accumulation of patron benefits at server reset.

So, let's say we entered into a contract whereby I owed you $3500.

OOPS, I had an accident on the way to the bank. Sorry about that, the $3500 is gone.

But here, take this $200. IT"S FREE MONEY FOR YOU, RIGHT?

If this is really how you think, then there's only these possibilities:
    1) You have never earned a living, and never had to take care of the things that were yours. You've always had someone else take care of you.
    2) You have the IQ of a dead porcupine.
    3) Both of the Above.

When someone robs me, be it a bank, a person, or a video game company, you can darn well bet that I am going to raise hell about it. If you want to sit there and take it, enjoy it, bottom-boy.

Um free money? We pay a subscription fee for Patron abilitys and those abilitys have been broken therefore we lost our benefits as patrons and in all honesty 500 credits is a slap in the face. I would figure this would take high priority to fix or that they give 500 credits a day to purchase said vials at least.

Further Daglar seems to be unaware that NO they are not recharging as they should. I logged into a single charge on all toons today that had 1 charge yesterday as well. Didn't use them however toons that had 7 lost them instanly on using 1 and logging out.

Yes I got 500 credits on both accounts. Am I a happy customer heck no and I doubt I'll continue being a patron unless a HIGH priority to fix this is given or additional time to my patron sub is provided since I am not getting anything else being a patron.

Soulwalker

I hope this is a compensation in the meantime while they try to get people their charges back, otherwise this is absurd customer service.

These buffs are among the main reasons to be Patron, and a lot of people lost 5 charges for each. I don't think people need to be awarded credits, surely the easiest solution is to just reset everyone to 7 charges? Sure, you lose out on some people who didn't have 7 charges, but you don't screw over every single person who had more than 1 charge.

Weird stuff. "Sorry bro, I know you paid for this but we stuffed up, so instead of taking some loss on our end we decided to go with the option that screws over 90% of people that pay for this perk".

This deserves a Scumbag Steve meme. =P
    Last edited by asteadywing; 11-08-2013 at 01:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Landru View Post
    Free money? When did giving someone a fraction of the replacement cost of something your mistakes made them lose become free money?

Logic?
    It's not a replacement cost. They are going to fix the vials-- the credits are an apology while they get things set up to fix the problem itself.

Quote Originally Posted by asteadywing View Post
    I hope this is a compensation in the meantime while they try to get people their charges back, otherwise this is absurd customer service.

These buffs are among the main reasons to be Patron, and a lot of people lost 5 charges for each. I don't think people need to be awarded credits, surely the easiest solution is to just reset everyone to 7 charges? Sure, you lose out on some people who didn't have 7 charges, but you don't screw over every single person who had more than 1 charge.

Weird stuff. "Sorry bro, I know you paid for this but we stuffed up, so instead of taking some loss on our end we decided to go with the option that screws over 90% of people that pay for this perk". WTB Scumbag steve meme.
    They can't reset anyone to 7 charges. Daglar stated theirs no way currently for them to do this however they are working on it. Also it wouldn't do no good once you use a charge and log out you're back to 1 or 0. Appears that area of the game is seeing only binary :P

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    It's not a replacement cost. They are going to fix the vials-- the credits are an apology while they get things set up to fix the problem itself.
    This is what I get for going to the last page of a thread. That makes sense, no reason to be upset at all about it, then.

Soulwalker

As I posted earlier, here is a response I got from support:
    "The charges will not come back all at once, you will have to wait again for them to stack up again."

And with the response that someone stated they got from Daglar, showing that he indeed thinks that it is already fixed (it's not), it seems this IS meant as a replacement.

Rift Chaser

Actually they have never stated that the 500 credits are an apology while they fix the problem and then reinstate the lost vials.
    What was stated sounds like they will try and do a fix so that in the future if something like this happens again, they will have a way of reinstating the vials because at this time they do not.
    But every ones interpretation could be different.

Except that a quote from a customer response earlier said that they would once again begin accruing at a 1/day rate, Muspel. No one from Trion has come into this or any other thread and said that would happen. What was said was:

Quote Originally Posted by Anarsin View Post
    As I posted earlier, here is a response I got from support:
    "The charges will not come back all at once, you will have to wait again for them to stack up again."
    Beyond that, let's try this:

I use my vials in bursts...I let them accumulate to 7 and then burn them on the weekend. The weekend has arrived, and in order to do what I normally do I would have to buy 7 of each vial type for at least two of my characters...and as it's a long weekend make that three or even four if Ember Isle is as fun as I'm hearing it is. Let's even be more generous and say I'm only going to burn two vial types on each character and I will only play two characters...which is well below normal usage on a long weekend for me.

That's 28 vials between just two characters over the course of a weekend...times vial cost in the store...so...how many credits will I be out over the course of the weekend if I want to do what I normally do and use what I've already paid for?
    Last edited by Landru; 11-08-2013 at 01:21 PM.
    I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast