+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast
Like Tree125Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Where did my patron pots charges go?

well you know they take our money for these charges and while people are saying they got 500 credits for it it appears this isnt the case in all patrons. I am still waiting in Live chat to find out whats up. We actually do pay for these.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Sinabun View Post
    Ok, I just tested this on an alt that had 7 charges on all Patron Potions when i logged into her today, after patch. Used Patron's Experience, Notoriety, and Token. Did not use Favor or Prestige.

So I started with 7 potion charges. Used 1 each of Experience, Notoriety and Token. Those potion recharges dropped to 6, as expected. Clicked OFF the buffs and used them again. Again, the recharges dropped to 5, as expected, and the unused Favor and Prestige remained at 7. Logged to character select and back into this character. EACH VIAL ONLY HAD ONE RECHARGE LEFT, INCLUDING THE FAVOR AND PRESTIGE!!!!

Trion, you need to FIX THIS, INCLUDING RESETTING THE RECHARGES TO 7 ON ALL CHARACTERS.
    Just contacted support and got this:
    "The charges will not come back all at once, you will have to wait again for them to stack up again."

Somewhat unacceptable that I get screwed out of a weeks worth of the main reason I subscribe. And before anyone says "Oh, but it doesn't matter, you'll just get them all back!" I use at MINIMUM one of each of the XP, token, and notoriety vials a day if I'm at 7. If I have time or if I'm close to the end of a subscription I'll use more than one until I'm out. So I, along with others, am getting screwed here.

Quote Originally Posted by LeCreaux View Post
    No kidding. I lost 7 charges on both of my rogues and also received the 500 credits. I'm guessing 500 credits is roughly a week's worth of patron status or 500 plat worth of REX. I'd rather have the charges back.
    With 100% confidence, I can say that I will not be renewing my patron status if my vial charges are not restored. What the hell is the point in being a patron if the main bonus has a chance to disappear at any time with no repercussions?

Quote Originally Posted by Anarsin View Post
    "The charges will not come back all at once, you will have to wait again for them to stack up again."
    LOL. Gold.
    Last edited by Aleck0; 11-08-2013 at 10:43 AM.
    Abovethelaw - Rank 90 Cleric, Faeblight Guardian
    Glenfiddich - Rank 7x Warrior
    Belowthelaw - Rank 7x Rogue

In other words "we know how to keep this from happening again...apparently...but you folks who lost out, lost out. Tough. Oh, here's about two individual vials worth of credits for the people complaining."

Once again, a shining example from the pages of "How not to win and keep customers."
    I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant

Rift Chaser

I submitted a ticket yesterday regarding the loss of my patron potions, but haven't yet received any sort of response. I know the customer service reps are swamped well beyond their usual busy levels, and I'm willing to give them extra time to respond, but I'll admit this is another tick in the negative column for me because almost everything Trion has done of late in terms of managing the game has been the polar opposite of what many of their customers wanted.

I'm disappointed with the handling of the following:
    • Merging shards and people losing names
    • Argent players, many of them paying subscribers, who opted for the RP experience and then got transferred to a PVE-only shard with no recourse and nowhere to go. (Seriously, Trion, giving any Argent player who asks for it a full refund on their sub is the ethical thing to do.)
    • The limited-time mounts that play favorites with time zones, I still don't get why they just don't make them permanently available -- it would be more profitable for them.
    • Losing an entire day (Wednesday) that I had set aside to spend with a friend I met over a decade ago and with whom I've recently reunited in Rift. I took a day off from work to do it, and those aren't trivial for me. And we have yet to hear anything from the team as to whether patrons will receive an additional day on their subscriptions as compensation.
    • The Expert-only dungeon artifacts for all the new dimension items in 2.5 save for the key and the music boxes are problematic (you can see the Dimensions forum discussions for more about this). Players report that the drop rates are very low, too.
    • Despite repeated requests, no one from Trion has provided an actual date regarding a State of the Game post.
    • I really don't get the whole Iron Pine change. Perhaps it will become clearer in the future, but everyone I've spoken with about it thinks it was unnecessary.
    • Certain posts from official entities leave something to be desired in the tact and diplomacy department. The old saying about catching more flies with honey than with vinegar applies.

Rift is a beautiful, well-designed game. Until now, I've really enjoyed playing it, when it's up and running.

I wish I could say the same of how it is managed, but lately, I'm pretty baffled. I'm not privy to any of the behind-the-scenes processes, so, like other players, I'm left only with the public face that's being shown and the tangible actions that have resulted. Maybe if the devs would communicate more effectively so that we could walk in their shoes and understand why they reached the decisions they did, I'd have a greater understanding, but right now, I'm just seeing a service that I paid for that's had trouble keeping the servers up this week.

Rough week for you, Trion, and a rough week for us players as well. Rough all around, okay, and I do have sympathy for the CSRs especially, but I'd like to know what the company plans to do to try to restore customers' faith after all this stumbling.
    Last edited by Jirahar; 11-08-2013 at 10:55 AM.

Rift Chaser

Just to be fair and balanced, I logged into the game after posting this, and had received a response from a CSR. The customer service reps get my full thanks and support -- they do a really demanding and stressful job, and I appreciate the time they put in. So, please know I'm not exasperated with everyone at Trion. ;) The CSRs in the trenches are clearly doing everything they can, and it's appreciated.
    Last edited by Jirahar; 11-08-2013 at 11:12 AM.

At the moment there's no sense in saving the charges past 1, it's just one disconnect or log out and when you log back in all charges but 0 are (re)set to 1.

Default Lost vials

Well just adding to this thread, i logged into a toon that i know i haven't used the vials on and they had all 7. I used on to see what would happen. Still had all of them. Logged out then back in and they were all reduced to 1.

Also got 500 credits, not sure what that's for since it is hardly enough to replace the vials for all of my characters losses.

Hopefully this will be fixed. I would say i just won't play for a week, but if the problem persists, maybe its time to take an extended brake and not renew my patron subscription.

Or just never log off on the characters that had their max amount showing.

Just got this email from customer service about a petition i opened last night.

"Thank you for contacting us regarding RIFT.

I apologize for the inconvenience your missing Patron Buff Abilities has caused. Unfortunately, due to the most recent update, these abilities were reset and we are unable to restore them. As compensation for your lost buffs, I have provided your account with 500 credits to make up for the loss. I hope that this will help recoup some of your lost time, and I once again sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let us know. Thank you for your continued support of Trion Worlds and for playing RIFT."

I guess that is the final answer.
    Last edited by radiated; 11-08-2013 at 11:20 AM.

Somewhat unacceptable that I get screwed out of a weeks worth of the main reason I subscribe. And before anyone says "Oh, but it doesn't matter, you'll just get them all back!" I use at MINIMUM one of each of the XP, token, and notoriety vials a day if I'm at 7. If I have time or if I'm close to the end of a subscription I'll use more than one until I'm out. So I, along with others, am getting screwed here.
    Well considering my rogue who never uses pvp vials is still stuck at one since the patch and my xp patron vial is still at 1 after not using yesterdays I'm assuming waiting for them to stack back up will not be a viable option. 500 credits yay that'll buy me a whole 2 ****ing buffs.

It's like if I went and picked up a carry out order from a restaurant and they left out 90% of the food and when I go back they say we're not giving you the food you paid for but, here have a cup of soup as compensation. The cup of soup isn't gonna make up for the lack of what I paid for.
    Tigoron@graybriar
    Gagoogagan in Ten Inches Unbuffed
    4/4 GA 3/3 IG 4/5 PB
    http://www.teninchesunbuffed.com/

Rift Chaser

I received a response from Daglar through a PM I sent him:

"We are aware of the problem and it is unfortunately extremely difficult to track down the actual cause. I have prioritized a way for CS to actually reimburse users for when this occurs while we continue to attempt local reproduction of the issue."

So paying a subscription and not receiving all of the benefits and that reimbursement I assume is the one off 500 credits for the loss of all original vials and an ongoing problem.

Sad Panda, I saved 7/7 for the weekend and new PA levels. Now all of that is lost.

If you pay for something, you should get it.

For one character, 5 credit store vials are worth 1170/day. I lost 8190 worth of credits, on just one character.

If Trion wants to do right, they should send out ALL Patrons a stack of Vials, to compensate. Push everyone up to 7/7 vials, regardless of what you had before.

I know they only care about the Steam kids, who drop cash for the squirrel mount, but soon, those people will leave, and then what? The game can't even satisfy paying "Patrons."

And if they did care, I want to see more communication and a lot more doing.
    Last edited by Horsesock; 11-08-2013 at 11:33 AM.

Soulwalker

I am extremely dissatisfied with the response by Trion. I have lost 7 charges on two pvp pots and between 4 and 6 on the xp, token, and notoriety pots on my main, and all stacks of charges on pots on my other 3 level 60 characters. 500 credits does not even remotely replace the stacks of pots I have lost. Unfortunately I was one of the people who had a year sub before free to play and they've already got my money until April. But yeah, I can't recommend patron status to anyone if Trion isn't capable of replacing something we paid for when they break it.

Soulwalker

Same here, all characters dropped from 7 to 1. Really disappointing.

Rift Chaser

Just received another response from Daglar after advising that last nights/todays daily server reset did not add vials to some characters and that people are paying a subscription and not receiving all of the benefits:

"No, they should be accumulating again successfully. You can also contact customer service and see how they can help. I've asked them to do what they can for all contacts."

So even the Devs do not even seem to know that there is a problem with the Patron Ability Vials not accumulating at server reset.

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with your Patron Buffs resetting. I have awarded you 500 credits for this issue, and I do apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

As always, we appreciate that you discovered the issue and brought it to our attention. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have additional questions or concerns.

Thank you for your continued support of Trion Worlds and for playing RIFT

That's what I just got in response to my emailed report; which is better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick...

...but is not remotely replacement value for the charges lost across my characters. I like to play in focused sessions where usually starting tonight I would be heading into the weekend with 6-8 hour sessions planned in multiple bursts (may or may not be typical, ymmv) and with the new EI makeover and PA categories that could well have turned into "honey, I'll come to bed later...it's the weekend!". All of which would have been using charges on whichever character I had running for that session.

It's going to be what it's going to be, and I'll grant that something is better than nothing...but it does not, for me or anyone else, replace what is lost.
    I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast