+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tier 3 PA.. health regeneration?

Plane Touched

Default Tier 3 PA.. health regeneration?

so is this a fancy new dump stat to replace rift mob damage reduction?

there are 4hp/sec worth of points total in the new trees that isn't exactly a lot of healing given how much hp someone who can actually reach these is going to have

and presumably it doesn't even work in combat

Not having to drink between groups of mobs will be nice. It might not be that great for a glass cannon build, but for those grinder builds using the scoop n poop tactics this could be a nice addition.
    Currently playing Beermaid lvl 65 War

As other MMOs I have played had passive HP regeneration out of combat, it's not entirely unprecedented. 4 HP/sec obviously won't make much difference in combat so it's a nice thing to have IMO.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    As other MMOs I have played had passive HP regeneration out of combat, it's not entirely unprecedented. 4 HP/sec obviously won't make much difference in combat so it's a nice thing to have IMO.
    there's already passive health regeneration out of combat of 100.5 hp/sec

you probably have hundreds of hours played and apparently never noticed it existed at all, so increasing it by 4% is pretty bizarre you must admit

Soulwalker

hang on, this is 4hp/sec? or 4% hp/sec?..

but 4% is alot i must say...say 20k hp, 4% is 800hp/sec lol...so yeah, im sticking with 4hp/sec lol

Quote Originally Posted by sil3ncer View Post
    hang on, this is 4hp/sec? or 4% hp/sec?..

but 4% is alot i must say...say 20k hp, 4% is 800hp/sec lol...so yeah, im sticking with 4hp/sec lol
    I tend to play a full tank build in warfronts on my warrior and have just over 62K HP in my Myrmidon gear. If I got out of combat I'd regen 2480 HP/sec if it was 4% which would have caused the PvP forums to explode with QQ so, yeah, it's an extra 4 hp/sec, not 4%.

Telaran

Absolute complete waste of PA points. Serves absolutely no purpose whatsoever. Not one person actually waits for their passive HP regen to top them up and making it 12% faster serves zero purpose.

Those PA slots would be more useful if they provided 1 armor per point.
    Skep

Plane Touched

Like the point for +1 resist of any kind.
    They are there as filler, fill em up last, go for that stats first.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by zartosht View Post

so is this a fancy new dump stat to replace rift mob damage reduction?

there are 4hp/sec worth of points total in the new trees that isn't exactly a lot of healing given how much hp someone who can actually reach these is going to have

and presumably it doesn't even work in combat
    4hp per second is nothing compared to how many hit points we have. it's PA fluff just like 1 dex/str/int/wis. PA has never, or should never, offer anything significant except fluff and at these values all it can be considered is fluff. On a bright side at least it's new fluff.
    Last edited by Caitie; 12-01-2013 at 06:52 AM.

Ascendant

Yep, it is all fluff, however, its still a bother when for some odd reason one of those 'fluff' is locked for no apparent reason, and the only thing the GM's responses are the typical canned responses of - reset ui, reload ui, remove addons, recovery , reload game, etc. - and still nothing unlocks one of the 3 (Nature, Cinder, Storm) that is locked for some reason.

Anyone have an idea there?

Sorry to go off topic, but looking for help everywhere.....

My Storm is locked, and the above is the only help offered by ingame petitioning. I have all of Tier 3 PA full, all Tier 1 pvp, all stat Tier 2 pvp full , I don't pvp so haven't taken more favor/vengeance tier2 pvp stuff; have taken all Nature and Cinder Stats full, holding off taking resists stuff until I can access the Storm PA's to use their stats stuff first..........

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Chaszar View Post
    Yep, it is all fluff, however, its still a bother when for some odd reason one of those 'fluff' is locked for no apparent reason, and the only thing the GM's responses are the typical canned responses of - reset ui, reload ui, remove addons, recovery , reload game, etc. - and still nothing unlocks one of the 3 (Nature, Cinder, Storm) that is locked for some reason.

Anyone have an idea there?

Sorry to go off topic, but looking for help everywhere.....

My Storm is locked, and the above is the only help offered by ingame petitioning. I have all of Tier 3 PA full, all Tier 1 pvp, all stat Tier 2 pvp full , I don't pvp so haven't taken more favor/vengeance tier2 pvp stuff; have taken all Nature and Cinder Stats full, holding off taking resists stuff until I can access the Storm PA's to use their stats stuff first..........
    Mod's please remove this, my old age found the problem with Live Chat help. Thanks.

CoH's design was very different from most MMOs, and in particular, they didn't stop regeneration during combat. It wasn't fast, but it didn't go away.

Which meant that you didn't actually need "healers" per se; as long as your team could reduce incoming damage enough, you didn't need healing.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    CoH's design was very different from most MMOs, and in particular, they didn't stop regeneration during combat. It wasn't fast, but it didn't go away.

Which meant that you didn't actually need "healers" per se; as long as your team could reduce incoming damage enough, you didn't need healing.
    the new pa hp regen does work during combat actually. it's like I have my very own pocket level 1 chloro following me around.

Quote Originally Posted by zartosht View Post
    the new pa hp regen does work during combat actually. it's like I have my very own pocket level 1 chloro following me around.
    Yeah.

MHO, having seen that mechanic play out in CoH, I really think that MMOs in general would be well-served by having some amount of in-combat regen, so that defenses could be a viable alternative to "healing".
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

+ Reply to Thread