+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: All shards locked.

Default All shards locked.

Nice they say they are restarting one shard and we all get locked. Nice

Shadowlander

I just noticed this as well.

Booted to the server selection screen, all shards locked. Go to the forums, "Oops, Faeblight was temperamental, so we're rebooting it now" Absolutely nothing on the other, what? 8 shards?

think it proves its all one shard now :P the chat channels just are illusions to keep us thinking we have multiple shards.

People from nearly every server are posting in tech support about not being able to access their characters at all or only a few out of their character list so it's not just a problem confined to one server.

Shadowlander

Yeah, I just saw the updated post

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...11-6-13-a.html

they say they'll check back within 1 hour.

I had just finished downloading and got to level 9 before this all happened.

Ugh........

Soulwalker

to the new people, welcome to the world of MMO. to the old people (if your whining) go try another MMO and see how long it takes before u come back lol

Default yea it sucks...

....but we'll all deal with it. I usually played in faeblight. it was locked, joined another server. asked in chat why faeblight was locked and I got booted from servers with all servers locked. then I read the forum. I'm gonna go play tetris for an hour.
    Failure to allow peaceful resolution will inevitably result in violent revolution.

Telaran

It does suck, but RIFT/Trion is really great with patches. They usually don't take a lot of dowtime, and the servers are usually very stable.

I've been playing MMO's since UO - and I have seen it *a lot* worse. In the sense that patches in many other games take a lot longer downtimes, and servers are more prone to crashing.
    Last edited by Seven_PRX; 11-06-2013 at 11:20 AM.
    f2p (2013-2014): ZevZevv, Deepwood, Defiant, Rogue
    Pre-f2p (2011): Zeven, Spitescar, Guardian, Rogue

Between internet problems, and not being available at the time of day of the patch release...I was actually getting shard firsts on Laethys with my rogue. Now this happens?

No offense, but instead of taking the shards down right away...could we please get something stupid like advance warning of about 5 minutes in game?...that move was highly uncool, Trion.
    Last edited by Noktrnl Owl; 11-06-2013 at 11:22 AM.
    <The Malicious Hunt> @ Laethys
    Keval Lv 60 Galloway Lv 60 Niqo Lv 60 Demaicus Lv 53 Zepp Lv 60 Noktrnl Lv 60
    <Sovereign Quorum> @ Wolfsbane
    Darbrios Lv 60 Timosius Lv 14 Daidalos Lv 30 Alessandre Lv 16 Noktrnl Lv 60 Sionis Lv 21 Nikolaas Lv 9

Rift Disciple

Default i am only geting at

74% loading screen then it says failed to connect hope its fixed soon

Good thing the NA shards were about 50% away from finishing the weekly trio when the server was taken down instantly.

Don't worry, we'll form another 4 raids and run all 3 bosses again... Its almost not worth it to form all the raids just for kaaz.

13.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #13
    Rift Team

We've unfortunately identified an issue that never reared its head on PTS with hundreds of players beating on it over the last month or in any of our internal testing. The issue is severe enough that unlocking the servers can result in terrible damage to characters.

We are locking all servers until we can resolve the issue. This may be an unfortunately long downtime today.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

~Daglar

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Noktrnl Owl View Post
    Between internet problems, and not being available at the time of day of the patch release...I was actually getting shard firsts on Laethys with my rogue. Now this happens?

No offense, but instead of taking the shards down right away...could we please get something stupid like advance warning of about 5 minutes in game?...that move was highly uncool, Trion.
    Wow! Your computer gives you an advance warning before it fails?

Now I'm not saying Trion did or did not plan this downtime, what I AM saying is this: complaining about a lack of warning before a server goes down is rather childish. I seriously doubt your day was ruined, but if it was, you have my sympathy.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    We've unfortunately identified an issue that never reared its head on PTS with hundreds of players beating on it over the last month or in any of our internal testing. The issue is severe enough that unlocking the servers can result in terrible damage to characters.

We are locking all servers until we can resolve the issue. This may be an unfortunately long downtime today.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

~Daglar
    I can understand unplanned downtime, but your description is giving me the impression the downtime could be most or all of the rest of the day. That does seem to be extreme, why can't the patch be removed, reverted back to the previous version and let the servers come back up. Uptime keeps the customers happy and the problem can tested/fixed on your internal alpha server.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast