Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: French community is concerned

Le navire a coulé et le requin a mangé le capitaine.

In my best French it means the shard was merged.

German:

Das Schiff versenkt und der Hai aß den Kapitän.

Italian

La nave affondata e lo squalo ha mangiato il capitano.
    Last edited by Kantazo; 10-29-2013 at 01:07 PM.
    There are not Powers above the Earth, on the Earth or beneath the Earth that can separate us from His love.

Soulwalker

For exemple, this is how our launcher looks like at the exact time of this post : http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/5051/1chx.jpg

(it speaks about hotfix #7 by the way...)

And it was even empty for the past 3 days or something...

Telaran

Thanksgiving time ... we should have answer when the turkey will be eaten ... or not.

I think french and german speaking people are the butt of the joke.
    (In french we say : "être le dindon de la farce" = "be the turkey of the filling" )

The main fact (or at least one of) is: we used to have translated updates in the past, and now we have about ... nothing (or a couple weeks late)

This means that Trion is looking somewhere else then Euro clients, and it's really a shame, isn't it?

So yes, as OP said, "we are concerned!"

Ascendant

Oh, nice. Hotfix #7 (10/30/2013) is now also available on the german forums. Go for it, Trion... just two more to go :P

6.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #36
    Director of Global Communications dahanese's Avatar

Hey guys -

Sorry, I've been out of the office on vacation.

On a global scale, our community team has changed significantly, but we are still very committed to supporting our French and German players: first, and most importantly, in game and with customer service. Our community team is not identical to what it was before (and won't be in the future) but we're also going to be adding more local support with GMs. We are actively reading what you guys are saying and reporting it back to the team but there are questions that often need to be answered and in the coming weeks you'll see a couple more names on the boards.

Sorry this is just in English - I'm unfortunately only fluent in this language.

Quote Originally Posted by dahanese View Post
    Hey guys -

Sorry, I've been out of the office on vacation.

On a global scale, our community team has changed significantly, but we are still very committed to supporting our French and German players: first, and most importantly, in game and with customer service. Our community team is not identical to what it was before (and won't be in the future) but we're also going to be adding more local support with GMs. We are actively reading what you guys are saying and reporting it back to the team but there are questions that often need to be answered and in the coming weeks you'll see a couple more names on the boards.

Sorry this is just in English - I'm unfortunately only fluent in this language.
    Dans l’ensemble, notre équipe de communauté a subit d'important changement, nous sommes toutefois engagé à supporter nos joueurs Français et Allemands; tout d'abord en jeu et avec notre Service à la Clientèle. Notre équipe communautaire n'est plus la même qu'avant (et ne le sera plus dans le futur) mais nous chercherons à ajouter un support local avec des GM. Nous lisons activement ce que vous dites et le rapportons a l'équipe, mais il y a certaines questions qui demandent des réponses et dans les semaines qui approchent, vous devrez voir quelques nouveaux noms sur les forums.

Now you don't need to find a translator :3
    Just felt like translating, as I'm an old member of the French Community

Je sais que la pluspart des francais regardant les forums US savent lire et comprendre l'anglais, mais c'est plus facile d'expliquer aux autres quand c'est déjà traduit.
    Arshaa@Wolfsbane NA
    Arshaa@Bloodiron EU
    <Diefied>T1 10/12 HK 0/10
    What's a cleanse ?

Telaran

Je suis d'accord avec la majorité des commentaires sur le sujet. Vous devriez avoir au moins les notes des hotfix minimum. Pour ceux qui ne savent pas 2.5 va commencer le 6 novembre. Bonne chance et j'espère que vous allez avoir quelqu'un de Trion pour s'occuper de vous très bientôt.

Quote Originally Posted by Juliaan View Post
    Recently, with the departure of a part of the community team , including that of Guildford, the French community (and probably German ) really feels very neglected . Little information is given to us on what happens in the game, we come to the eighth patch update 2.4, but we are only at the fifth translated into our language.

I think I speak on behalf of the whole community in saying that we have the feeling of being abandoned to our fate . We recently had the announcement of a new intermediate in the person of Alastyn . We are now well warned he will not play the role of a Community Manager in itself, but we want to know what will happen afterwards.

That's why I 'm a little voice of an entire community who cares and who has questions . What can we really expect for the French community in the future? Can we have the patch notes and information on the official blog at least translated into French ? Is that the forum will benefit from a further moderation and the presence of a member of the team stronger ?

Thank you in advance for all the answers .
    we already know what they will say, " sorry guys we are poor, learn english or eff off, we aint hiring no one." (Not exactly like that. It will be sugar coated either that or they ignore the french/German players for a couple years.)

Soulwalker

Thank you for the reply, I'm glad to see that we are still listening. This is at least a partial answer, but it bring some hope for us.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Jobar View Post
    I do understand english but since the beginning of Rift, French and German community never got abandonned and info was translated and post in their different forum. It was not perfect but atleast it was not like it is right now.
    Those days are gone. It will not get any better than what it is right now.

- a former german player

Europe usually gets second class service from American game publishers, Sony Online Entertainment are especially bad.

We Europeans, I'm in Britain, live in that strange place to the east, across the mysterious great sea. They do manage to remember where Ireland is though, at least on St Patrick's Day.
    Last edited by Plate Head; 11-01-2013 at 03:14 AM.
    You're never alone with a clone.

Honestly this is really sad. I feel really bad for our fellow non native English speaking comrades. How hard is it to make sure everyone is up to date, even if you have to use a free translator? How hard is it to just make an effort, to show them that you care?

Telaran

Here's the thing with translators. Any translator whose language has a huge organization made up of individual members who meet and debate over how the language should progress doubtless has tons of requirements and restrictions.

In all reality there are plenty of College Students even around Wiesbaden or Meinz Germany (Hessen) who know English decently enough to translate to German. Sure they may not have a masters in English but i'll wager many of the Development Team don't either.

My point is you don't have to hire "the world's only expert" or people that are "certified". Hire somebody who knows what they are doing and put them on your team.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Anima Twang View Post
    My point is you don't have to hire "the world's only expert" or people that are "certified". Hire somebody who knows what they are doing and put them on your team.
    The new Trion spokesperson for the german community was born in Germany and just moved to the US a couple of years ago (that's what he told us when he introduced himself on the forums). So they do not need to hire someone who is able to speak german, they just have to adjust his time schedule to include doing some work on the forums (currently the last patch notes on the german forums are still for hotfix #7, so the official german community still misses two hotfix informations).

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast