+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Get rid of id locks for raids

Soulwalker

Default Get rid of id locks for raids

Please do something to removed the ID locks for raids, I think if you guys changed it to boss lockout oppose to ID's for raids it would help with some progress for the overall gaming community. Easier to pug aswell

Telaran

Its much harder to do specific locks for bosses rather than locks for complete zones. WoW doesnt even do locks to specific bosses, granted in LFR they make it so you cant get loot from a boss that you have already killed that week, but thats different.

Honestly I think the way WoW handles it is good. If you killed the boss once that week no loot rolls. Also no token drops for the legendary quest but you could at least help your fellow gamer by running through the content again.

Shadowlander

At the risk of being overly dramatic this id lock system in Rift is probably the worst I have seen. I'm not sure what they had in mind when they developed this concept but it is an utter hinderance and I am at a loss as to what the purpose it serves.

Surely there must be a way of locking people out of a boss they have completed without tieing that person to a bunch of other people they may not see for a week or more.

Quote Originally Posted by Vehdren View Post
    At the risk of being overly dramatic this id lock system in Rift is probably the worst I have seen. I'm not sure what they had in mind when they developed this concept but it is an utter hinderance and I am at a loss as to what the purpose it serves.

Surely there must be a way of locking people out of a boss they have completed without tieing that person to a bunch of other people they may not see for a week or more.
    The lock system was de-facto when Rift came out, including in WoW.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Aalnyan View Post
    Honestly I think the way WoW handles it is good. If you killed the boss once that week no loot rolls. Also no token drops for the legendary quest but you could at least help your fellow gamer by running through the content again.
    That only works for Looking for Raid and the new Flex Raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Rounded View Post
    The lock system was de-facto when Rift came out, including in WoW.
    Well Trion could change it! Say what you will about Blizzard but they do try some interesting new things. Trion need to start innovating with how they deal with raids.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Vehdren View Post
    I'm not sure what they had in mind when they developed this concept but it is an utter hinderance and I am at a loss as to what the purpose it serves
    From what I see, there are so many things in Rift existing for nothing but "it existed in WoW".
    And the way devs steering Rift seems just going to the direction of "let's annoy players more".

Although overall game system is fine, its development since especially SL seems truly in need of real thinking rather than temporary reflection.

I personally liked the way DC Universe Online does it. You get locked from loot and the marks but not the instance. So you can run the raid as much you want but you only get rewarded once.

It's difficult enough to get 20 people together for a raid for three hours, at a time that's agreeable for them. It's much harder to get those same 20 people a 2nd time in the same week to do the same thing again. People just have difficult schedules sometimes. There are far better ways to prevent people from overfarming content than to lock them to a very specific instance number. Not that i'm bitter....

.... (╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

Plane Walker

Other games do it. You can run a raid / instance as many times as you want, but you can only be eligible for loot once.

I totally agree with this post. This is the EXACT reason y I quit paying for a sub approx. a year ago (just before the first autumn harvest, actually). I fell in LUV with the zone events - always having something to do within a few minutes from each other - and the LFG tool was great for dungeons cause I have virtual social anxiety and don't have many friends to run with...but when I became max leveled, I became completely bored. I'm not a "find a guild that meets your needs" type of person.

I suggested a LFG tool for raids once on these forums, it might not be an ideal PUG, but at least the hardcores can do their own thing and us lonely ones can PUG it up and at least 'experience' the raid content. But I def do like the 'lock out of loot' idea as well.
    Last edited by ScaryGuy; 10-22-2013 at 05:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadred View Post
    Its much harder to do specific locks for bosses rather than locks for complete zones. WoW doesnt even do locks to specific bosses, granted in LFR they make it so you cant get loot from a boss that you have already killed that week, but thats different.
    I agree. I suggested this before WOW implemented it. I think it is needed in Rift though.

Quote Originally Posted by caitie View Post
    Well Trion could change it! Say what you will about Blizzard but they do try some interesting new things. Trion need to start innovating with how they deal with raids.
    I do whole-heartedly agree that we can take full advantage of a LFR tool, but people using it will not be able to kill Gelidra or Progenitor.

It's counter-intuitive to put a tool in which is seen as "welfare easymodes" based on how WoW did it and then get hit by the brick wall on actually not having a clue what to do and missing a leader.

These LFR threads do not look for the tool, they look for stupidly easy raids people can steamroll over. Maybe this thread is different, who knows.
    Last edited by Rounded; 10-22-2013 at 09:36 PM.

I do whole-heartedly agree that we can take full advantage of a LFR tool, but people using it will not be able to kill Gelidra or Progenitor.

It's counter-intuitive to put a tool in which is seen as "welfare easymodes" based on how WoW did it and then get hit by the brick wall on actually not having a clue what to do and missing a leader.

These LFR threads do not look for the tool, they look for stupidly easy raids people can steamroll over. Maybe this thread is different, who knows.
    Yeah the only way I would agree with an LFR is if the difficulty of the raids remained the same which liek you say means no point in a LFR because a random assortment of PUGs isnt going to be able to do it.

Ascendant

It seems that the thread got derailed by LFR but the OP wasn't asking for an LFR just separate lockouts on raid bosses and it was pointed out that in WoW LFR and Flex do this but rather than lock you out you just get no loot. Effectively the same thing really wrt drops.

My opinion on LFR in Rift I posted yesterday:

Quote Originally Posted by caitie View Post
    While I don't raid I can see this being a very bad idea. You can't put 20 random people with no effective leader and expect them to take down a boss with no co-ordination. Blizzard are having problems with the latest LFR in that it requires a certain amount of player co-ordination and awareness and that's a nerfed raid. Unless there's a specific LFR version a raid finder wont work.

Well just find a guild who raid hours suit you. It really has nothing to do with what time zone a hard is in. A raid finder wont help your issue.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast