Closed Thread
Page 1 of 63 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 ... LastLast
Like Tree2025Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Shard unification next week and upcoming internationalization plans!

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Director of Global Communications dahanese's Avatar

Default Shard unification next week and upcoming internationalization plans!

Hey guys -

A blog post from Daglar just went up on the RIFT site about shard unification happening next week and larger internalization plans we have a bit further down the road. I'll quote it here for you as well as leave a link!

Greetings Ascended,

Today I’m excited to announce a change for the better for RIFT!

Some of you have been asking for it, and we’ve been working towards solutions to get us there: A unified universe of RIFT shards per region.

Why is this change a good thing for everyone that plays RIFT?

First, it means that the pool of people that you can play with is even bigger. Random dungeons will once again be random across the entire population of the region, warfronts will have a larger pool to draw from for match making, Conquest will have more folks to slaughter, and it will be even easier to visit your friends on other servers!

Second, this effort is part of something even bigger for the future that we’d like to announce for the first time today: Truly international worlds for RIFT! Our engineers have been hard at work on a longer term project that we’re happy to talk about beginning right now. It’s always been a dream of ours to have our architecture seamlessly support multiple languages.

Want to play on a shard, but experience the content in French while your friend experiences the content in German? We’ll support that! Our goal has always been to give users more ways to play together whenever possible – Through gameplay, through visiting, and now languages through the server architectures themselves.

A lot of you have been asking for this, and we’re excited to finally be able to talk about it with you. We hope you’re as excited as we are about this future for RIFT’s technology.
    The first step in getting there is to reorder the existing capacity, in which you’ll see some changes to the number of visible shards. This is a departure from what we’ve done by marking shards as Trial as we have in the past.

Friends and guilds will seamlessly be together on the target shard, and pre-existing communities will stay intact. Returning users will also simply return to a shard that is highly populated instead of landing a trial shard and not knowing where to go.

The following transitions will be made automatically with no input or special actions required:

Wednesday October 23rd (North America)
    Thursday October 24th (Europe)

North America
    Necropolis users will be migrated to Seastone.
    Shatterbone users will be migrated to Wolfsbane.
    Threesprings users will be migrated to Deepwood.

Europe
    Volan users will be migrated to Bloodiron
    Blightweald users will be migrated to Gelidra
    Argent users will be migrated to Zaviel
    Nomi users will be migrated to Brisesol

We look forward to a new world of improved international support for our dedicated audience of RIFT players everywhere across the globe!

Bill “Daglar” Fisher
    Game Director

FAQ:

What if my name is taken on the shard that I’m moving too?
    If you are transferred to a shard where your name is taken, you will be offered a free name change.

What if my guild name is taken on the destination shard?
    Guilds that have conflicting names will have ! appended to them. We will be offering one free guild rename to any guild with an ! point in the game. Please have an officer of the guild enter a support ticket to claim this.

When is this happening?
    North America: Wednesday October 23rd during the normally scheduled downtime.
    Europe: Thursday October 24th during the normally scheduled downtime.

Join the discussion now on our forums!
    The blog is also here: http://community.riftgame.com/?p=2873
    Last edited by dahanese; 10-14-2013 at 03:34 PM.

Save shatterbone =v.v=

Can I go over the character cap with this?

Soulwalker

I don't want to go to Seastone. This could never be an improvement, why even bother putting such a stupid spin on it? This just means questing/pvping/gathering with more competition on congested servers.

Different strokes, I guess, I just wish we had a say over it.
    Last edited by Maraxis; 10-14-2013 at 03:32 PM.

now i'm gonna have to change my raid finder addon to accept either of the different crossevents channels!

great news though

Quote Originally Posted by TehFrank View Post
    Save shatterbone =v.v=
    It's sad to see 'er go, same with Threesprings. Thankfully we're back to the master cluster though!

Plane Touched

I'm on Threesprings and my characters will be transferred to Deepwood. What happens if I already have the maximum number of characters allowed on both servers?

What an amazing spin to put on forced server merges...well done.
    I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant

Shield of Telara

This is awesome.. One giant world instead of C1 and C2!!

I am very unhappy, my name IS taken and 4-5 alternate spellings I have used. When I moved to 3springs my name had been taken by some lvl 5 who NEVER PLAYED. NEVER.

Will you please purge names from inactive under lvl 20s at least please?

I hate changing my name on a char I have had at max level for years because somebody grabbed my name the day the server opened and never played the char at all. I don't want to end up with Roooseeeee or Llliilllyyy or whatever because of somebody who will never play the chars with those names.

RIFT Community Ambassador Talila's Avatar

Please, please, please tell me you're going to give Argent's RP tag to Zaviel. We have been fighting so hard to get the RP community back up, we finally have multiple guilds, a big channel, everything.. If the tag goes, we will die out, like it has happened in so many games before (I can mention AoC as an example).

Needless to say I'm thoroughly saddened by this, Argent is and will always be my home. I understand it's better for all, it brings new things and solves age old problems, but at least let us keep our tag. It's all we have.
    I went off to FFXIV. Here's my blog.

Quote Originally Posted by Landru View Post
    What an amazing spin to put on forced server merges...well done.
    No, no... it's not a server merge. It's "unification" of the player-base. He He.

Why do they use these terms, sugar coat things and just look silly.

I actually thought this was like "cross-realm" at first, but guess not.
    Last edited by WockyCC; 10-14-2013 at 04:04 PM.

Laethys; master race.
    No change required.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Cryomorph View Post
    No, no... it's not a server merge. It's "unification" of the player-base. He He.

Why do they use these terms instead of sugar coat things and just look silly.
    Yes its unification not a merge the masses will come together united for better day.

Champion

1. No patron should ever have their name changed over a f2p player with the same name.

2. What does happen if you have maxed character slots on one server and additional characters on the target server?

3. I saw no mention of Laethys on the announcement page. Are Laethbyans immune to this change?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 63 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 ... LastLast