Closed Thread
Page 4 of 63 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 54 ... LastLast
Like Tree2025Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Shard unification next week and upcoming internationalization plans!

So if i dont miss anything, its just a fancy way of saying, we get back to 1 cluster for each Region?

And i think its bad move that you guys dont wait till next week for this info, why, simple ALOT of bad trolls will go and try steal/sell names

The forced server merge was inevitable; we all knew it was coming. It won't be the last one.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Caronne View Post
    Patrons get to keep their names and pick them ahead of the free-to-play crowd? No. Way.

I should hope that would even go against the TOS.
    Why should people who don't support the game staying up and available to play get the same priority as people who pay?

That's like saying it should be against the law to allow people to pay for a first class ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardor View Post
    The forced server merge was inevitable; we all knew it was coming. It won't be the last one.
    Every server is medium population except one. Why would we know it was coming when it's highly unnecessary? High to full population servers often lag and or crash. This is a dumb move that mostly no one wanted.

On PvE servers what do people even need beyond a medium population for? On PvP everyone has the option to transfer where they want, in my case I transferred for free off the empty Seastone to the medium Necropolis and now I'm being forced to go back AND lose my names. I'm pissed.
    Last edited by Newborn; 10-14-2013 at 05:00 PM.

Plane Walker

Were the populations so bad?

So now all the benefits from the recent, and tepid "performance enhancements" are shot out the window. When are you guys going to learn that your game engine doesn't handle cramming large numbers of players in one place? And yet you keep forcing players into a contracting play area.

Oh, and yet another name change? Thankfully, only my Guardian shard is impacted. I only had to find 2 new names out of the 5 there. Thanks!

I am not a happy camper right now. I don't make it a practice of deleting characters in any MMO. An extended break is likely in my immediate future, however. Camels backs and straws are in focus. I need to step back for awhile.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Newborn View Post
    Why should people who don't support the game staying up and available to play get the same priority as people who pay?

That's like saying it should be against the law to allow people to pay for a first class ticket.
    This is about names, not plane tickets. You didn't pay for your name, you either came up with it or chose it out of a list available for -everyone-. Forcing non-patrons to change theirs would be akin to asking certain classes of people to -pay for the air they breathe-.

Quote Originally Posted by Azchire View Post
    If Trion's seriously looking into implementing region wide mega-shards, they need to invest some time into working surnames into the game so people's display name can remain what they want it to be. Character last names would be fun, and serve as a mechanic to technically manage duplicate display names.
    I agree. At least allow spaces between letters. That actually would help big time

Wait after reading it again, does the "merge" mean the eu servers get "NA" servers ? If thats the case, good bye rift, i for sure dont play a gmae with servers laggs with a ping of 150+ all the time

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Caronne View Post
    This is about names, not plane tickets. You didn't pay for your name, you either came up with it or chose it out of a list available for -everyone-. Forcing non-patrons to change theirs would be akin to asking certain classes of people to -pay for the air they breathe-.
    Or you know you could pay $15 and stop being so dramatic.

Default Farewell open world RP...

In addition to what others have already said about Argent and our RP community there, I can only say farewell to what little open-world roleplay we had left now. The MMO community is toxic towards roleplayers at best, outright hostile at worse... and this is not helping matters.
    Kazerabet Al' Pherael Ezarhaddon - 60th level Eth Necromancer - The Red Circle RP Project - Zaviel (PvE) EU.

Quote Originally Posted by Azchire View Post
    If Trion's seriously looking into implementing region wide mega-shards, they need to invest some time into working surnames into the game so people's display name can remain what they want it to be. Character last names would be fun, and serve as a mechanic to technically manage duplicate display names.
    I totally agree. It's even overdue.

The worst part of this news is Argent. Like, by far. Honestly if they do this, even as a NA player I'll have to back away and take my attention somewhere else.

As for the naming thing.... why not just let duplicate names contain the @Seastone or whatever even after switching clusters... People will eventually learn that @Seastone is the same as @Necropolis and it would take a whopping 1 line of code so that the names were synonymous.

Edit: Just for the record, I still think ya'll are being serious drama queens.
    Last edited by TadaceAce; 10-14-2013 at 05:15 PM.

I applaud the elimination of the 2 clusters in both regions. I also think that the preferred languages working in all shards is also great (maybe French can now be added to NA). The problem will be for groups where they must talk with each other. Are the engineers adding a translate to game as well?
    The names should at least get to keep there original name (eg @shatterbone or @Volan). Zaviel should be named an RP shard. With the exception of the language barriers for groups in EU I think the above changes would be more acceptable.

My heart plummeted to my stomach then shot up into my throat . Why Threesprings to Deepwood. Please no no no. I love my community and we're going to be treated as outcasts since we are the one merging in.

Number one thing is the names, always is. Veterans have had their names since day 1, and will be force to change it? Yall have never tried to, I guess make it fair with the name issue. Will you try this time?

Maybe instead of saying we are merging you can create a new server name for the mergers so everyone can start a new.

Devs...can we at least get an answer on the names so we either rejoice or prepare?

R.I.P Threesprings It's been a long fantastic adventure

Would love to have a DEV answer on this,

does "internationalization" mean, eu servers get moved/shut down, and we have to play on na servers in the near future ? and if so, do you guys really thing that will work out, with the higher ping+serverlag/fps drops ?

Rift Disciple

I fled to Argent, the last european rp shard, when Akala was closed just a few months ago.
    I really don't feel welcome in this game anymore now.
    Last edited by Xeasike; 10-14-2013 at 05:42 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 63 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 54 ... LastLast