Closed Thread
Page 23 of 63 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 33 ... LastLast
Like Tree2025Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Shard unification next week and upcoming internationalization plans!

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Dancingmoon View Post
    Sorry bout that. Statement directed to one person on a public forum, not the most clear and easy of thing.
    No offense taken.

Quote Originally Posted by dahanese View Post
    Hey guys -

I have some answers for the frequently asked questions I've received!

1. If you have max toons on you shard, and the shard you're being merged with, do you end up with more than the max on that shard, or do you have to move some?

All will transfer over, but you'll only be able to see your first 12 (so if you have more than 12 after the merge, you'll need to transfer off or delete some characters to see the rest.) My recommendation is to transfer some now to make sure you have all your characters where you want them come next week!

2. Is the EU RP flag being moved with the transfer?

We are not going to move the flag.

3. do guilds have to empty their banks on the before they get pushed over to the new shard? Auctions/mails for players?

Everything will be moved for you - you won't have to do any of that!

4. Surnames... c'mon.. you know you wanna

This isn't something that will happen for next week but it's a possibility for the future.

I'll try and answer some more FAQs as I see them! I also know some devs are working on a couple more in depth dives to some of your questions.
    too bad about the rp players.....

Champion

Thanks, Dahanese, for some things make clearer now.

Sure, it is a bad day for our RP'ers to loose their RP-shard without getting a new RP-home. I will loose some lovely friends! But as ever: A little bit hoping, they love Rift as I do and stay/move and we can create our channels again to meet and talk and do, what we always did.
    Melandra @ Entity
    When the last healer vanished, the last healing is dried up and the last dogma was used up, DDs will notice that damage generates no healing.

Shadowlander

Hey guys -

1. If you have max toons on you shard, and the shard you're being merged with, do you end up with more than the max on that shard, or do you have to move some?

All will transfer over, but you'll only be able to see your first 12 (so if you have more than 12 after the merge, you'll need to transfer off or delete some characters to see the rest.) My recommendation is to transfer some now to make sure you have all your characters where you want them come next week!

3. do guilds have to empty their banks on the before they get pushed over to the new shard? Auctions/mails for players?

This isn't something that will happen for next week but it's a possibility for the future.

I'll try and answer some more FAQs as I see them! I also know some devs are working on a couple more in depth dives to some of your questions.
    Congratulations, you're really going to kill of the only RP server you have on the European side? Pardon me for asking this, but have you really thought through what you're doing with that move? And more importantly, have you thought about what kind of treatment this is to those who have spent so much of their time and money on your merchandise?

5.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #335
    Rift Team

Hi all,

I'll keep this brief since I'm supposed to be on vacation (my first real vacation since starting at Trion!), but I can quickly address a few technical concerns.

If you have more characters on a merged shard than you have slots for, you will be able to access them all, as long as you have 12 of fewer characters. Our character select screen only supports 12 characters, so if you are in the small percentage of players who will end up with more than 12 characters after a merge takes place, you will need to delete or transfer one of the visible 12 in order to access the hidden characters. Note: To create a new character, you will have to get below the maximum your account allows.

Example: If my account has 7 slots, and I have 7 characters on each shard, after the merge, 12 of my characters will be visible, 2 will be hidden. I can delete one character and transfer one character elsewhere, and now I will have 12 visible again. However, I would need to delete or transfer 6 more characters (bringing me down to 6) before I could create another character on the shard.

Guilds do not have to empty their guild banks as part of the merge. If you simply wait until it occurs, and then log in, you'll have your guild just as it is now, on the new shard. Transfers from trial shards in the past have been difficult due to the need to empty out the guild bank - 5 tabs and all those slots is quite a bit of space! If you're content to wait until the merge occurs, you won't have to deal with any of that hassle.

Auctions do not have to be ended when as part of the merge. Whatever auctions you have running will continue running on the target shard of the merge, and will end normally.

Mail will transfer as well. You do not need to empty out your mailbox, all your mail will be waiting for you in your mailbox on the target shard of the merge.

You are, of course, free to transfer anywhere (within the region) you want, before or after the merge occurs, using our existing *FREE* character transfers.

And for some people... There are some of you who have always wanted an exclamation point at the end of your guild name... Well... Now's your chance!

Lastly - for people in Europe - I have good news about the auction house. This past Friday, one of our engineers demoed to me his upcoming Auction House changes to deal with multiple languages. He had three clients logged in to a single shard - one running in English, one running in French, and one running in German. Each of them could post items to the same auction house, and search for items using their own language - and all the posted items would show up. He's not quite done yet (auction result emails were still in English for one thing!) but he's on track for and very close to making the Auction House work correctly for everyone on a shard, regardless of the language they're using. Expect this in 2.5.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Anvilus View Post
    I really hope Daglar responds to this topic. Many good questions were raised, and a lot of concerns are unanswered. I'm not losing hope yet, looking forward to the dev response!

But if they throw away all of RPers into a highly populated, non RP friendly, server, then that means they don't care about what we said. Same will happen to Faeblight, if it gets to a low population (if they don't address our concerns ofc).

Once again, please keep 1 RP server in EU, don't merge us with Zaviel.

20 pages of nothing but concerns, and zero likes of dahanese's announcement ought to tell Trion something about what we think about this merge.
    The Guild Bank clearing was brought up pages ago, and was needed last time.

The Guild dwindling happened with the FES changes - or so the excuses went - and boom one week, then another and Bam, no raiders , except me and the folks still here who were just starting raids and getting their gear together, so we stuck with it..... Leader is essentially MIA except to drop in when no one around to tinker in dimension at times for minimal time, and I'm trying to get Trion to change Leader status to work a merge at time of Server Merge or elsewhere so these folks can start experiencing raiding again... as well as me; in a guild and not PUG'ing.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Pithos View Post
    Hi all,

I'll keep this brief since I'm supposed to be on vacation (my first real vacation since starting at Trion!), but I can quickly address a few technical concerns.

If you have more characters on a merged shard than you have slots for, you will be able to access them all, as long as you have 12 of fewer characters. Our character select screen only supports 12 characters, so if you are in the small percentage of players who will end up with more than 12 characters after a merge takes place, you will need to delete or transfer one of the visible 12 in order to access the hidden characters. Note: To create a new character, you will have to get below the maximum your account allows.

Example: If my account has 7 slots, and I have 7 characters on each shard, after the merge, 12 of my characters will be visible, 2 will be hidden. I can delete one character and transfer one character elsewhere, and now I will have 12 visible again. However, I would need to delete or transfer 6 more characters (bringing me down to 6) before I could create another character on the shard.

Guilds do not have to empty their guild banks as part of the merge. If you simply wait until it occurs, and then log in, you'll have your guild just as it is now, on the new shard. Transfers from trial shards in the past have been difficult due to the need to empty out the guild bank - 5 tabs and all those slots is quite a bit of space! If you're content to wait until the merge occurs, you won't have to deal with any of that hassle.

Auctions do not have to be ended when as part of the merge. Whatever auctions you have running will continue running on the target shard of the merge, and will end normally.

Mail will transfer as well. You do not need to empty out your mailbox, all your mail will be waiting for you in your mailbox on the target shard of the merge.

You are, of course, free to transfer anywhere (within the region) you want, before or after the merge occurs, using our existing *FREE* character transfers.

And for some people... There are some of you who have always wanted an exclamation point at the end of your guild name... Well... Now's your chance!

Lastly - for people in Europe - I have good news about the auction house. This past Friday, one of our engineers demoed to me his upcoming Auction House changes to deal with multiple languages. He had three clients logged in to a single shard - one running in English, one running in French, and one running in German. Each of them could post items to the same auction house, and search for items using their own language - and all the posted items would show up. He's not quite done yet (auction result emails were still in English for one thing!) but he's on track for and very close to making the Auction House work correctly for everyone on a shard, regardless of the language they're using. Expect this in 2.5.
    At least this is pretty good news.
    Choof@Faeblight <Synergy> - Level 60 Warrior
    contains idm, rhythm gaming, and like one rift vid l0l

RIFT Community Ambassador Talila's Avatar

Can we get any more clarification on why you are completely abandoning your european RP community? I'm looking for reasons to hope for the best, but I am not finding much hope at all. Come on trion.. This is not how happy stories are supposed to end
    Tasia, Leader of The Clandestine Community @ Argent EU.
    I like to show off dimensions - Latest Video: Bahmi Home
    Roleplayers from Argent, check Rift Roleplayers EU - new info hub!

Quote Originally Posted by Talila View Post
    Can we get any more clarification on why you are completely abandoning your european RP community? I'm looking for reasons to hope for the best, but I am not finding much hope at all. Come on trion.. This is not how happy stories are supposed to end
    Me too, they didn't say anything about us. At all. It appears as if they don't care. Trion you MUST give us something, or you'll alienate a lot of your playerbase.

See Pithos up there, he responded to most concerns, but for RP, not 1 thing.
    Last edited by Anvilus; 10-15-2013 at 02:27 PM.

Hey guys -

So:

1. If I'm full up on characters on the target server I'll be punting some to another server or deleting some in order to see the ones that got evicted from my old home, check. Or, worse, the ones being force-ably relocated may push the ones I already have on that server off the page. ( I score this a 0 since if I can't see them I can't very well play them) This may get some clarification but that's how I'm reading it now.

2. Bye-bye Euro-RP (0, self-explanatory)

3. Guilds get a helping hand (+1, this is thoughtful)

4. That name I have that someone else has too? Gone. (0)

I score that about a 25%.
    Last edited by Landru; 10-15-2013 at 02:29 PM.
    I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant

Rift Chaser

Is the EU RP flag being moved with the transfer?

Then you should not merge Argent.

Surnames... c'mon.. you know you wanna

This isn't something that will happen for next week but it's a possibility for the future

Then Trion needs to come up with a temporary "solution" of sorts. Something like adding @argent to the end of a name or deleting the names of inactive characters under level 20 or one of the other many things that have been suggested in this thread. Trion has no excuse imo for not coming up with something here. Simply giving us free name changes is not ok.

I appreciate the reply's so far, however you need to do a lot better then 'not moving the tag' You owe the European RP community an explanation at the very least. Should I start worrying about Faeblight now? if this is how its going to be I want to know now before spending more money on your game.
    Myrmidon Xillean Tormeng, Lord of War
    Dimensions: Planar Study Spec: 61/10/5
    PA: 900 | Score: 11120 | Tradeskills: All Grandmastered
    4/4 GP | 4/4 DH | 5/5 GSB | 5/5 RoS Conqueror | 11/11 HK | 2/4 RotP | 1/8 ID
    Characters: Xillean R90, Phantasmal R72, Eylisa R68, Kattie R74

Quote Originally Posted by Thag View Post
    Some men just want to watch the world burn.
    I can list you some who just happened to change the server.
    Hugac <Choo Choo> Brutwacht EU

Typhiria first Regulos & Rapid Assault Endless Eclipse

Plane Touched

Hey guys -

This is a shortsighted workaround to an issue that should have been obvious. I'm extremely disappointed that Trion wasn't able to come up with an actual solution.

In essence, this is a problem Trion created and is now requiring players to take exceptional steps to work around. This is the first really major failure I've seen on Trion's part, and it greatly reduces my opinion of the company, its planning, and its processes.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Pithos View Post
    Hi all,

*snip*

*snip*

*snip*

*snip*
    All very informative and appreciated.

I am very glad to see responses from the Devs, Thanks Pithos.

Some questions for you, Dahanese, or Guild Leaders if I may:

- Whats the Exclamation Point business? Does it cost anything - since things seem to cost something these days?

- With the Auto Transfer say from SB to WB of everything Guild related, is it also possible to have everything done from say SB to Hailol, instead of WB - with everything Guild related, including members, etc.?

- You mentioned "some people" - does that mean I could adopt a name with an apostrophe? - if my current name is taken?

NOTE: please disregard my last post now about the GB unloading , lol.
    Last edited by Chaszar; 10-15-2013 at 02:43 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 23 of 63 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 33 ... LastLast