Closed Thread
Page 22 of 63 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 32 ... LastLast
Like Tree2025Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Shard unification next week and upcoming internationalization plans!

Quote Originally Posted by TadaceAce View Post
    Can we put an end to this... ALL YOUR CHARACTER WILL TRANSFER. You will just have more characters than the cap and not be able to create any more.
    Really? You know this to be absolutely, unequivocally, 100% true? Where are you getting this privileged information from?

Quote Originally Posted by TadaceAce View Post
    From a coding perspective, the devs would have had to run an obstacle course and fight off a grizzly to code it any differently than for it check char slots when creating a new char. Its not like they are going to copy the files over and somehow the code is going to run on bootup and crap itself because there is suddenly more characters than the limit var.

I would think this would be obvious even to people who have never coded anything in their life. I'm convinced people just keep bringing this up as a ********** argument.
    I thought it would be obvious that at the least the loading screen will have to be redesigned if people are going to have more characters than the "limit var". As far as I am aware the maximum number of characters per shard is 12.If I've got seven characters on each shard then there I'd potentially be exceeding this - what would happen to my two over the limit characters?

I would also think that it would be obvious that this is something that is of great concern to people who are potentially affected and that dismissing it out of hand as "a ********** argument" is not particularly helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by rakasha681 View Post
    Back on the original topic. I PM'd a trion employee regarding the main questions being asked over and over in this thread, which I think are pretty valid concerns.. the RP, the char slots, surnames, etc. I received a pretty quick reply that they are working on getting answers that are 100% correct before posting them. So, answers are on the way. For the people outraged that there has been no dev response in this thread, keep in mind that it was just posted 24hrs ago, not 4 days, or two weeks ago... it's coming, give them a little time.
    I think it's reasonable for the decision makers to have foreseen the obvious issues. It's not like server consolidation is a new thing (with naming and character slots being obvious concerns for players), or that fallout from the closing of the EU's only RP server would be forthcoming. The easily foreseeable issues should have had bullet-pointed lists with answers being given to each of them before any announcement was made. How they were going to be addressed should have been part of the decision-making process.

That's not MMO voodoo, that's business communications 101: Communicate the change, address customer concern by getting out in front of expected issues, and allay those concerns by speaking to how they will be handled in advance, not after the announcement of the change.
    Last edited by Landru; 10-15-2013 at 01:07 PM.
    I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant

Quote Originally Posted by Landru View Post
    That's not MMO voodoo, that's business communications 101: Communicate the change, address customer concern by getting out in front of expected issues, and allay those concerns by speaking to how they will be handled in advance, not after the announcement of the change.
    Agreed, this really does seem to have come out of the blue somewhat, especially given how last week people were saying how busy the zones were during the Mayhem event, and with a new World Event due to go live this weekend. I'm inclined to think this is in response to internal business pressures, such as quarterly results being way below plan or something. Cutting out a bunch of under used servers is exactly the sort of cost cutting I'd expect to see in such a situation.

Shadowlander

I know a full answer will take a little time to form.
    But one of them going onto this thread and actually posting that they were reading this, taking it into account and a formal answer to questions raised would be posted asap would have been more proffessional.

As it is we have one dev post (the original post) and since then the only sign of a dev is one lone person saying what they were told via a PM.
    Last edited by Siadreth; 10-15-2013 at 01:19 PM.
    GM: Clandestine, Zaviel Server.
    Dimensions: Silverwood Refugee Camp, Valorem Halls, Songcave

Gotta go PvE server. Someone already has my name on seastone...ugh!
    "There are other aspects of the game that we want you to engage in."

~Daglar

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Lords0fpain View Post
    Gotta go PvE server. Someone already has my name on seastone...ugh!
    Good job I have completely original toon names that no one but me has in the entire population of wow and rift, I ain't neva gonna heff to change my chars names.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by rakasha681 View Post
    I would love it if I were wrong But I see these threads all the time, have since just about launch.. no matter what trion does, some people hate it, others love it. That will never change is all i'm saying... you cant make 100% of the people happy 100% of the time. I'm perfectly happy with how/where rift is, i'm still subbed, and not planning on going anywhere.

Back on the original topic. I PM'd a trion employee regarding the main questions being asked over and over in this thread, which I think are pretty valid concerns.. the RP, the char slots, surnames, etc. I received a pretty quick reply that they are working on getting answers that are 100% correct before posting them. So, answers are on the way. For the people outraged that there has been no dev response in this thread, keep in mind that it was just posted 24hrs ago, not 4 days, or two weeks ago... it's coming, give them a little time.

Then why have they not come in here and at least told us that much. Why do we have to hear it from you, who frankly I don't believe because your name is not purple. I have no idea who you are.
    Lathais@Deepwood - <The Praetorians> - 60 Rogue
    Check out this guide Guide for fresh 60's: The One Level 60 Guide - Updated for 2.5
    Check these out:Gaming/Computer Glasses
    My Multi-Touch Table Project

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Anvilus View Post
    I PM'd her and she replied. What strange in that? She replies all the time...
    Ok, but who the hell are you and why should I believe you? Your name is not purple.
    Lathais@Deepwood - <The Praetorians> - 60 Rogue
    Check out this guide Guide for fresh 60's: The One Level 60 Guide - Updated for 2.5
    Check these out:Gaming/Computer Glasses
    My Multi-Touch Table Project

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Ok, but who the hell are you and why should I believe you? Your name is not purple.
    Well I'm an avid RPer from Argent, and very concerned about this announcement. That's why I PM'd them, just to know the basic idea why is this happening. So I told what I know to at least give people basic idea what to expect.

Not my fault they still haven't replied.

10.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #325
    Director of Global Communications dahanese's Avatar

Hey guys -

I have some answers for the frequently asked questions I've received!

1. If you have max toons on you shard, and the shard you're being merged with, do you end up with more than the max on that shard, or do you have to move some?

All will transfer over, but you'll only be able to see your first 12 (so if you have more than 12 after the merge, you'll need to transfer off or delete some characters to see the rest.) My recommendation is to transfer some now to make sure you have all your characters where you want them come next week!

2. Is the EU RP flag being moved with the transfer?

We are not going to move the flag.

3. do guilds have to empty their banks on the before they get pushed over to the new shard? Auctions/mails for players?

Everything will be moved for you - you won't have to do any of that!

4. Surnames... c'mon.. you know you wanna

This isn't something that will happen for next week but it's a possibility for the future.

I'll try and answer some more FAQs as I see them! I also know some devs are working on a couple more in depth dives to some of your questions.
    elizabeth "dahanese" tobey
    director of global communications
    Twitter: @dahanese | @TrionWorlds | @RIFTgame | @TroveGame | @DefianceGame | @ArcheAgeGame | @EndofNations
    Facebook: RIFT | Trove | Defiance | ArcheAge | End of Nations |Trion Worlds

Plane Touched

posting after dahanese

Quote Originally Posted by dahanese View Post
    2. Is the EU RP flag being moved with the transfer?

We are not going to move the flag.
    This is a terrible idea and I sincerely hope Daglar knows how much of the EU RP community he's going to alienate by doing this.

Unless Argent characters will be able to transfer to Faeblight.

or maybe I read it wrong and by "not going to move the flag," you mean the flag will not be moved to PvE only... but I doubt that's right
    Last edited by Bokuunji; 10-15-2013 at 02:03 PM.
    Choof@Faeblight <Synergy> - Level 60 Warrior
    contains idm, rhythm gaming, and like one rift vid l0l

Ascendant

So I suppose the answer to the concerns about Argent's players can just be summed up as "No." then?

So that's it, you're just going to kill RP in your game? Not even any compensation or saying, feel free to RP on Zaviel, and report abusers. You just said ''We're not going to move the flag'' to add even more salt to the wound!

Well if you don't support RPers here, then I don't know what to expect with Rift anymore. I feel like I'm not welcome here, along with entire RP community.

Thanks a lot.
    Last edited by Anvilus; 10-15-2013 at 02:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anvilus View Post
    So that's it, you're just going to kill RP in your game? Not even any compensation or saying, feel free to RP on Zaviel, and report abusers. You just said ''We're not going to move the flag'' to add even more salt to the wound!

Well if you don't support RPers here, then I don't know what to expect with Rift anymore. I feel like I'm not welcome here, along with entire RP community.

Thanks a lot.
    Reading between the lines makes it pretty obvious they eventually plan to make Faeblight the worldwide RP shard.
    Rahka@Wolfsbane / <We Play Rift> (I used to raid, but life got in the way~)

ArcheAge:
    Rahka@Calleil / Formly of the <Bureau of Agriculture>
    It was fun while it lasted...

Plane Walker

Some men just want to watch the world burn.
    Last edited by Thag; 10-15-2013 at 02:14 PM.

We'll bang, ok?

Closed Thread
Page 22 of 63 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 32 ... LastLast