+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 27
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Soul Mending Overcharge?

  1. #1
    Rift Disciple Sumanitutaka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    149

    Default Soul Mending Overcharge?

    Hi all, I have a guild member who has had 75p & 85p taken after soul mending this past week. Their soul was at 80% so hardly damaged and I've not known my lvl60 to be charged more than 5p when at zero.

    Has anyone else noticed being grossly over charged on soul mending? If so, and you join this thread maybe Trion will refund you and my VERY angry Guild member, and fix this bug. My guild member is so upset at not getting a refund or help on this matter that he's threatened to rage quit Rift.

    Shame to loose a dang good player who has just reached lvl60. Please can the Devs look into this matter?

  2. #2
    Ascendant Techie Will's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    6,122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sumanitutaka View Post
    Hi all, I have a guild member who has had 75p & 85p taken after soul mending this past week. Their soul was at 80% so hardly damaged and I've not known my lvl60 to be charged more than 5p when at zero.

    Has anyone else noticed being grossly over charged on soul mending? If so, and you join this thread maybe Trion will refund you and my VERY angry Guild member, and fix this bug. My guild member is so upset at not getting a refund or help on this matter that he's threatened to rage quit Rift.

    Shame to loose a dang good player who has just reached lvl60. Please can the Devs look into this matter?
    Are you sure they didn't see 75 gold instead of 75 platinum?

    If you're absolutely positive that it is platinum your guild member is talking about, steps to reproduce the issue would be needed for Trion to look very deeply at the issue. As in, did it take more money than the repair window said it would? Does it happen at certain percentages of soul damage? Does it happen at a particular soul mender? Etc.
    Last edited by Techie Will; 10-14-2013 at 08:25 AM.


  3. #3
    Rift Disciple Sumanitutaka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    149

    Default Certain

    Quote Originally Posted by Techie Will View Post
    Are you sure they didn't see 75 gold instead of 75 platinum?

    If you're absolutely positive that it is platinum your guild member is talking about, steps to reproduce the issue would be needed for Trion to look very deeply at the issue. As in, did it take more money than the repair window said it would? Does it happen at certain percentages of soul damage? Does it happen at a particular soul mender? Etc.
    Yup, certain sure it was plat not gold. This member hasn't crafted, or farmed, to sell on AH, and had very little plat on both times.

    Not sure for window cost but the latest time the local text chat said 1 plat was taken but not according to the amount of plat he had before and after soul mending, he was charged 85p. He has, understandably, kept a very close eye on this issue since the first 75p was taken.

    Probably not the same soul mender as it happened a few days apart.

    Percentage? Not known but will ask.

  4. #4
    Rift Disciple Sumanitutaka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    149

    Default Info Update

    Info Update:
    Member informs me both times the same soul mender was used in Tempest Bay, and as far as he remembers soul was 80%. All other soul mending costs have been correct from other ncps including a called medic in a dungeon.

  5. #5
    General of Telara Asaomar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    899

    Default

    I was unable to replicate this. I went to the healer in tempest bay, at 80% soul vitality, and it took the 60 gold(or 59 gold whatever silver) that the popup window said it would.
    Beep Beep Ima Jeep@Deepwood http://http://beepbeep.guildlaunch.com
    Asaomar Lv 60 Rogue Tank[Main]-Miniderps Lv 60 Cleric Tank[Alt]-Shederps Lv 60 Mage[Alt]
    Boss Kill videos | My Live Stream
    All T1 Content ClearedGrim Awakening 4/4, Infinity Gate 2/3, Planebreaker Bastion 3/5

  6. #6
    Rift Disciple Sumanitutaka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    149

    Default I'l Try

    Quote Originally Posted by Asaomar View Post
    I was unable to replicate this. I went to the healer in tempest bay, at 80% soul vitality, and it took the 60 gold(or 59 gold whatever silver) that the popup window said it would.
    I'll keep a track of how the healer behaves in Tempest Bay too. Not often I die so will take a few days to test. Will also test on other toons too.

  7. #7
    Rift Disciple Sumanitutaka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    149

    Default It Happened Again

    Another guild member had 200 plat taken by his personal soul mender. He was saving for his first lvl60 mount and still under 1k so losing 200p was very noticeable,. I've still not died so have not been able to check this myself.

  8. #8
    Champion
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    509

    Default

    Have the people submit tickets, I understand you may take them at their word this is happening but the GMs can look at logs. I have used the Soul Healer in tempest bay literally hundreds of times and never seen this happen.

  9. #9
    Rift Disciple Sumanitutaka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dalthium View Post
    Have the people submit tickets, I understand you may take them at their word this is happening but the GMs can look at logs. I have used the Soul Healer in tempest bay literally hundreds of times and never seen this happen.
    The first one DID submit a ticket.. as I already said if you read my words correctly, and Trion did not solve the issue nor refund this guildie... /\ Points up there to my first post..

    Take them at their word? You trying to say these 2 long term, and trusted, guild members are lying????? That I do not know the truth coming from the live chat and hearing the rage and frustration of loosing such a large amount from the little money they had? Again did you not totally read my words? You remember I said that right?... I suggest you re-read my post.................... But then again.... don't take MY word on that, right?

    The first member almost rage quit due to this and needed to take a few days break from Rift. You BET your Butt I trust their words or I would NOT be adding this post to the forum............. Sheesh I hate remarks like this is forums...........

    #1/ The first member is an officer in my guild, I do NOT make officers at the drop of a hat, they have to be in my guild for a long time and prove themselves worthy.
    #2/ I am a 57 year old rez cop with over 30 years experience for liars... Just to let you know like eh?

    Maybe I should have written a book about this issue going fully into minute detail in my original post, maybe I should have explained it many different ways just in case someone didn't understand, take in, or fully comprehend the first, or second time....................

  10. #10
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    152

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sumanitutaka View Post
    You trying to say these 2 long term, and trusted, guild members are lying?????
    Precisely.

  11. #11
    General of Telara Ardor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    984

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Loveblind View Post
    Precisely.
    It's also possible that they weren't really paying attention / a couple nuggets short of a happy meal.

    In my last guild, all the officers were absolutely convinced that +crit (not CP) was better than an equal amount of AP or SP. No amount of math or common sense or pointers to online guides could convince them otherwise.

    "Mature and trusted" people can believe all kinds of things. Once belief has taken hold, there's no convincing them otherwise.
    Last edited by Ardor; 10-23-2013 at 04:18 AM.

  12. #12
    Shield of Telara Aalnyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    764

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sumanitutaka View Post
    Hi all, I have a guild member who has had 75p & 85p taken after soul mending this past week. Their soul was at 80% so hardly damaged and I've not known my lvl60 to be charged more than 5p when at zero.

    Has anyone else noticed being grossly over charged on soul mending? If so, and you join this thread maybe Trion will refund you and my VERY angry Guild member, and fix this bug. My guild member is so upset at not getting a refund or help on this matter that he's threatened to rage quit Rift.

    Shame to loose a dang good player who has just reached lvl60. Please can the Devs look into this matter?
    Ok so you told us they submitted a ticket and that if we read your 1st post you state that. Can you please tell us where you state that looking at your above post? No where does it state they submitted a ticket. Also if they had submitted a ticket I am sure the CSR looked at the logs and found nothing to indicate that they had been charged more than was suppose to be charged or if they did they reported it to the devs which is probally the only thing they could do. I re read this and I do see that you said they got no help or refund. I find this a bit off since they would of given an explanation as to why. Like :"our log shows the healer charged 75g 86s for the repair you might of thought you had that much plat but you were mistaking etc.
    Last edited by Aalnyan; 10-23-2013 at 07:04 AM.

  13. #13
    Ascendant SoulshadowDK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,453

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sumanitutaka View Post
    The first one DID submit a ticket.. as I already said if you read my words correctly, and Trion did not solve the issue nor refund this guildie... /\ Points up there to my first post..

    Take them at their word? You trying to say these 2 long term, and trusted, guild members are lying????? That I do not know the truth coming from the live chat and hearing the rage and frustration of loosing such a large amount from the little money they had? Again did you not totally read my words? You remember I said that right?... I suggest you re-read my post.................... But then again.... don't take MY word on that, right?

    The first member almost rage quit due to this and needed to take a few days break from Rift. You BET your Butt I trust their words or I would NOT be adding this post to the forum............. Sheesh I hate remarks like this is forums...........

    #1/ The first member is an officer in my guild, I do NOT make officers at the drop of a hat, they have to be in my guild for a long time and prove themselves worthy.
    #2/ I am a 57 year old rez cop with over 30 years experience for liars... Just to let you know like eh?

    Maybe I should have written a book about this issue going fully into minute detail in my original post, maybe I should have explained it many different ways just in case someone didn't understand, take in, or fully comprehend the first, or second time....................
    Well... if YOU read HIS post... you will see that he isn't attacking you, or your officers, so no need to write a huge defensive missive. He was just saying you have no way to look at logs, so you have to take their word for it, which is true.. if you trust them, you take their word.. no imbedded personal attack on your or your guild. I wish people wouldn't always be so defensive and read into things that aren't even there :P
    Soulraiser - 60 Cleric // Soulslayer - 60 Warrior // Soulshadow 60 Mage
    Faeblight NA
    http://www.dargaardknights.com
    Visit our recruiting thread HERE

  14. #14
    Shield of Telara Aalnyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    764

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sumanitutaka View Post

    #1/ The first member is an officer in my guild, I do NOT make officers at the drop of a hat, they have to be in my guild for a long time and prove themselves worthy.
    #2/ I am a 57 year old rez cop with over 30 years experience for liars... Just to let you know like eh?
    I don't see where anyone said they don't believe you. But hey you do point out that you were a cop so I need to ask Don't police lie all the time? Seems every single one I have ever had dealings with lied to get what they needed in the investigation. From "your friend already admitted so you might as well confess" to we aren't going to arrest you we just need to know. Putting that you were a cop doesn't improve your creditability imo.

    I feel for the loss they might of experienced but I really think Trion looked and found that they had no evidence that this occurred and therefore was unable to help them at the time.

  15. #15
    RIFT Guide Writer RoughRaptorsOld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    5,353

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sumanitutaka View Post
    You trying to say these 2 long term, and trusted, guild members are lying?????
    Yes, if the GMs can't find the record, and no one else has seen this bug since well, ever, then it most likely does not exist therefore they are lying. No screenshots, no in-game records....fishy.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sumanitutaka View Post
    #1/ The first member is an officer in my guild, I do NOT make officers at the drop of a hat, they have to be in my guild for a long time and prove themselves worthy.
    #2/ I am a 57 year old rez cop with over 30 years experience for liars... Just to let you know like eh?
    I don't think that matters, sorry...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts