Closed Thread

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Chat Bug with latest hotfix

Soulwalker

Default Chat Bug with latest hotfix

Hello guys

With todays update on the eu Server, me and my guildmates have gotten a weird bug.

The level 60 channel is now suddenly announced, meaning there is a message everytime someone logs in (See screenshot, it's in german but you know what I mean).

Now, normally I would do "/unannounce", but when I do that, I get "Permission denied" (in german "Erlaubnis verweigert").

Also it is weird because it is only the lvl 60 chat of my own shard, the others are fine.

Someone else got this or only our shard? We are on "Brutmutter".
    Attached Images  

Ascendant

This is beyond embarrassing now. Hotfixes now introduce more bugs than they fix. White knights incoming...
    Last edited by Caitie; 10-10-2013 at 09:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by caitie View Post
    This is beyond embarrassing now. Hotfixes now introduce more bugs than they fix. White knights incoming...
    While I'm not white knighting, it has happened before today on the NA shards several times and is not related to the hotfix.

Put in a GM ticket and someone will take care of it soon, or at least they take care of the NA shards in short order once reported.

13/13 Tier 1 10/12 Tier 2 1/4 Tier 3
    How can Rift be made better? A critique by me.

Rift Disciple

I reported the exact same thing about a month ago, but the "feature" is still alive :-/

The messages can only be unannounced by the channel owner; unfortunately it is hard to find out who the owner is, when /chatinfo produces more lines of output than the chat window will display. Even if you find out the owner's name, if he does not know the chat commands, you have to convince him to type in some unknown command into his console. With all the funny people out there who tell people to press Alt-F4 for any reason this is not an easy task either...

I would really appreciate if Trion could turn this cr@p off automatically whenever they restart the shards; GM tickets in Germany are *not* processed in proper time. I sent a report today at 10:00, and now at 20:30 the annoying chat messages are still flooding the channel. 10 and a half hours of useless system-generated spam are way too much.

Plane Touched

what's really funny is that they actually made a change to the chat box other than to delete it

I wonder whose undergrad nephew wrote that garbage (it's just a placeholder, we'll replace it before beta ends!)

Quote Originally Posted by Elayara View Post
    GM tickets in Germany are *not* processed in proper time. I sent a report today at 10:00, and now at 20:30 the annoying chat messages are still flooding the channel. 10 and a half hours of useless system-generated spam are way too much.
    I was with you up until this point. You do realize that this is an MMO, right? That means thousands of support tickets created every day and probably only a handful of support reps to dig through them all and find the ones that are actually valid bugs and then those tickets head off to someone who can actually fix them somewhere between all the other work they're doing... and you expect a fix in under 10 hours? You may want to consider upping your support level to platinumrainbowgalaxy because right now, not even patrons would be able to get that kind of support response time.
    Avatar by Rotaken on deviantART.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Frailaq View Post
    I was with you up until this point. You do realize that this is an MMO, right? That means thousands of support tickets created every day and probably only a handful of support reps to dig through them all and find the ones that are actually valid bugs and then those tickets head off to someone who can actually fix them somewhere between all the other work they're doing... and you expect a fix in under 10 hours? You may want to consider upping your support level to platinumrainbowgalaxy because right now, not even patrons would be able to get that kind of support response time.
    Hm? Nobody was talking about bug fixes in 10 hours. We just need someone with admin rights to log into the game, and set the quiet-flag on the chat channels. Hell, even a player can do this - if he notices that he is the channel owner, and knows the proper command.

BTW: 22:50 and still the channel is cluttered with useless garbage :-/

The official level channels shouldn't have a player owner. If it is set to be player owned by mistake you may be able to find the owner by running /chatlist # (with the channel number). You may want to enable the /log beforehand because it will probably scroll off your chat window.

Rift Disciple

Ah, thanks a lot - I wasn't aware of the /log command to record the output of /chatinfo.

Unfortunately the current owner is AFK or not responding (I would be reluctant too if a stranger whispers me and demands to enter an unknown command into my chat).

We had this problem a few times in the past, but the german support team usually fixed the issue within the hour. Now with the german team gone, looks like nobody is responsible for simple server administration tasks any longer :-/

Funny thing is that we now can see the number of level 60 players that are active on our shard. Currently (00:00, 11. Oct) there are 310 players in level 60 chat, plus 115 guests from other servers (41 from Brisesol, 47 from Brutwacht, 23 from Nomi, and 4 from Trübkopf).

I'm curious to see how this numbers will change during friday and the weekend... unless someone stops us from seeing them by restoring the channel and thus turning off the darn messages.

10.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #10

The channels should now be restored, thanks to our wonderful GM team. Thanks for the report!
    CM Morgana ~ Community Coordinator ~
    Avatar art is courtesy of Allie Brosh!

Closed Thread