+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree127Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Spam/Crude Jokes (Enough) Please Help

Shadowlander

Default Spam/Crude Jokes (Enough) Please Help

Hello everyone, I just witnissed a 45 minute spam of people yelling hodor on Wolfsbane 1-29 chat and im a bit... annoyed and traumatized. I've seen people named captaintwerk, secretgoat, loafspreader, and jigglebuns and a variety of other crude names. The moderation team has really gone out of control and trion needs to do something about it. Please post your opinions on this topic. Thanks (trion devs please read)
    Last edited by Sonic Rain Boom; 09-29-2013 at 12:43 PM.

Telaran

just spent 45 minutes listening to hodor spam and flirting, hopefully they add new restrictions.

Why are people so touchy these days? who cares if people write hodor, who cares what they call them self.

Its the internet, there are *** holes, just as in real life.

Move on brother.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
    Promising preview! The less Rift conforms with the preferences of someone who still plays VG, the better for the vast majority of potential customers out there.
    Winzhi Defiant Mage

Shadowlander

I will not move on, that was very hurtful how they were talking about the word hodor in 1-29 chat brother

i think it becomes a problem when they start policing their game telling what they can and can't say. if it violates any rule, then you can report.

Quote Originally Posted by cYan View Post
    Why are people so touchy these days? who cares if people write hodor, who cares what they call them self.

Its the internet, there are *** holes, just as in real life.

Move on brother.
    This.. Why would you read it? Just turn the channel off if it bothers you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    As for folks calling me a carebear, I've got 99 problems and being a carebear ain't one son. I've done far more than my share of virtual murder over the years. I've been part of alliances that have so heavily destabilized server balance in games that the other sides ceased to log in due to being so massively dominated.

Champion

None of those names seems bad, unless there is some urban dictionary stuff I am unaware of, and people saying hodor is not harassment. Perhaps your sensibilities need to change.

fzf
    Telaran

plz dev i dnt no how 2 leav chat so can u banded them insted?

Quote Originally Posted by Wheee View Post
    I will not move on, that was very hurtful how they were talking about the word hodor in 1-29 chat brother
    .... Hulkamania failed you, eh, brother?

Then I am afraid you would not last 10 minutes in some of the MMOs I have played. My simple suggestions are this;
    • If someone is annoying you personally place an ignore filter on them.
    • This is a weekend the school children are online, play during off hours.
    • Trolls, scammers, cybering abounds on all mmos not just here. Don't allow them to get under your skin.
    • Ignore the chat window altogether. I realize you cannot close it but you can turn off channels. You can make your own channel and invite people to that channel.
    Moderation starts with you not feeding the troll.

I don't know how many times I need to check into threads like this, because I say the same thing and I am always right. Nothing is going to change because the people who care enough to b*tch about it on the forums is a tiny minority. Everyone else just keeps playing the game and not caring about it. Not to mention your naming and shaming is disgusting your worse then any of the trolls.

IonCannon@Deepwood
    2 sugoi 4 u

Quote Originally Posted by Silas of Arah View Post
    Moderation starts with you not feeding the troll.
    I often find those who respond to trolls more annoying than the trolls themsleves. My Ignore list grows by leaps and bounds because of this very thing.
    RIFT- now Pay 2 Gamble 2 Win
    <Shattered Chain> of Faeblight .::. currently enjoying Guild Wars 2

Quote Originally Posted by Wheee View Post
    I've seen people named captaintwerk, secretgoat, loafspreader, and jigglebuns and a variety of other crude names.
    Obviously those players weren't playing on Faeblight because character names like Wrathofthelichking and SiegeofOrgrimmar got me slapped with an account warning!

If comparatively tame names like those would get me in trouble, those names could very well get them all banned!

You can ignore the offending users and/or if you think there are ones being particularly disruptive by spamming, you can click their name and select "Report Spam" or something like that and let Trion be the judge. If you react to people being jerks in chat, you give them exactly what they want. Ignore is the best way to go.
    Faeblight (US PVE-RP)
    Lifemender - Cleric (65) & Oxenheart - Warrior (65) ... & friends
    Look for any toons in the Cosmic Rhinocerii "guild". They're all me!
    Don't hesitate to say "hi!" if you see me. Always looking for new Rifters to help. If you need, just ask!

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Phelim on the Moor View Post
    You can ignore the offending users and/or if you think there are ones being particularly disruptive by spamming, you can click their name and select "Report Spam" or something like that and let Trion be the judge. If you react to people being jerks in chat, you give them exactly what they want. Ignore is the best way to go.
    To add, if enough people find it offensive I think they get muted or something.. Not really sure what happens but something bad happens to them..

Now, if not enough people report them then it either wasn't that bad or people just don't care. I personally just don't care and "filter" it myself.. What people say in chat has zero impact on me and it shouldn't impact you either.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast