Closed Thread

Thread: Infinity Headhunter's Set?

Rift Chaser

Default Infinity Headhunter's Set?

Before you ask - yes, I've googled, I've looked up the related threads on this topic and found the information relating to Rogues and Warriors, but not the information I'm looking for. I've also checked out Expert Dungeon loot tables and not really gotten any answers.

I have the Empyreal Hero's Wand, the final upgrade from the world vendor. This is 1/2 for the Infinity Headhunter's set, so the tooltip tells me. rift.magelo.com's database has 4 items listed in this set. The wand, two guns, and a 2h sword.

Is there even another Mage-equippable weapon that is part of this set for the bonus? I found 4 staves that drop out of the expert SL dungeons, according to the loot tables, but none of them, as far as I could find, indicated being part of this set. So unless I missed something, which is highly possible ... there doesn't seem to be anything to give a Mage this bonus. If there isn't, why is this item half of a bonus set you can't ever hope to complete?

I know there's another set bonus available to Mages which gives a boost to healing spells, but if there is an option for a dps-boost set increase, I'm hunting for that, since that's the role I play in most instance settings anyway.

Thanks to anyone who can point me the right direction.
    Iphigeneia@Faeblight - Mage
    Jehan@Faeblight - Cleric
    Coriolana@Faeblight - Rogue
    Cytrine@Faeblight - Warrior
    "Just because I'm mad doesn't mean I'm not right!" -Sylver Valis

I think something may be borked with that set. Looking at the stats, its more of a cleric wand, but the set shouldn't be headhunter, since that's the warrior set. The items you want are the totem from the worldvender that upgrades to the Infinity Magus set, and the scalpel from archive of the flesh, I believe. There should also be a wand that upgrades to Infinity Magus that goes along with a dropped staff, not sure offhand where that comes from.
    Soulraiser - 60 Cleric // Soulslayer - 60 Warrior // Soulshadow 60 Mage
    Faeblight NA
    http://www.dargaardknights.com
    Visit our recruiting thread HERE

Rift Chaser

The Empyreal Hero's Rod was the cleric wand, I thought. That's why I went with the one I did. The Rod, though, isn't part of a set; the Empyreal Hero's Wand is. But yes, the Infinity Magus set is probably the one I want after all, going by the tooltips. I guess I was just going for completing what I already had upgraded.

That just brings me back to: why is a wand in the Headhunter set if that set isn't even meant for casters? Should it belong to the Magus or Shaman set instead, maybe?
    Jehan@Faeblight - Cleric

http://www.rifthead.com/item/82FECAC...s-trixie-stick

I believe this is what you're looking for. Drops in Realm of Twisted Dreams.
    Last edited by Crithappens; 09-26-2013 at 03:45 PM.
    Rahka@Wolfsbane
    <We Play Rift>
    Officer & Retired Raider

Rift Chaser

A ha!

And of course that particular dungeon doesn't have the loot tables up at the usual sites yet, being so new. I haven't even got through it yet. Thanks
    Jehan@Faeblight - Cleric

Quote Originally Posted by Iphigeneia View Post
    That just brings me back to: why is a wand in the Headhunter set if that set isn't even meant for casters? Should it belong to the Magus or Shaman set instead, maybe?
    Definitely seems like a bug, it shouldnt be part of that set at all.
    Faeblight NA

Quote Originally Posted by rakasha681 View Post
    Definitely seems like a bug, it shouldnt be part of that set at all.
    Clearly it should. It was matched up with a staff from Realm of Twisted Dreams (which I posted above)
    Rahka@Wolfsbane
    <We Play Rift>
    Officer & Retired Raider

Quote Originally Posted by Crithappens View Post
    Clearly it should. It was matched up with a staff from Realm of Twisted Dreams (which I posted above)
    Still shouldn't be in that set, and with that staff, it shouldn't be in the set either :P That staff did not exist 2 weeks ago, and every set had a matching piece already. Maybe they changed the wand from what set it was to the headhunter set, or they added the staff to the set because the wand was previously bugged and in the wrong set... but either way, it should be a new set, not the warrior dps set.. every other set has a unique name...thats all im sayin ;)
    Faeblight NA

Quote Originally Posted by rakasha681 View Post
    Still shouldn't be in that set, and with that staff, it shouldn't be in the set either :P That staff did not exist 2 weeks ago, and every set had a matching piece already. Maybe they changed the wand from what set it was to the headhunter set, or they added the staff to the set because the wand was previously bugged and in the wrong set... but either way, it should be a new set, not the warrior dps set.. every other set has a unique name...thats all im sayin ;)
    Your assumption is incorrect. "Infinity Slayer" has always been for both Rogue (Emp Hero Dagger/Lightning Forged Steel) and Warrior (Emp Hero Cleaver and Necroscalpel).

RoTD also has a new Rogue dagger for this set.
    Rahka@Wolfsbane
    <We Play Rift>
    Officer & Retired Raider

Soulwalker

It drops in archive of flesh

Closed Thread