+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree83Likes

Thread: another look at Patron rewards plz!

Default another look at Patron rewards plz!

Trion plz consider tuning the patron rewards, as it stands now i wont/don't need to renew my patron status at the end of the year.

- rewards should be ON all the time (if you want to replace the 40% vial with a 20-30% always on status, that would work, or stop the vial timers in rest zones).

- 3 bag slots for patrons is not enough, 5 minimum.

- show us where we are in the que! dungeons, login, and such. my guess is that this perk is not worth anything now that the novelty of the F2P has worn off. plz include run/mount speed total on the status page also.

- drop the daily reward, that is a waste of time on your side and really not of any value.

- include useful perks for patrons, come up with something innovative, vials are a fail. don't be so obvious and add perks that force us to spend more cash to get use out of them such as a store discount...at this point the F2P model has tricks and traps that force us to spend more time or cash to get use out of the so called perks.

- add/fix souls that are patron only.
    - add another patron only race.
    - add another patron only class
    - remove AH fee for patrons
    - add more storage and/or account shared bank vault for patrons.

based on the fact we sit in ques for WFs and Dungeons, have to run around a lot for quests, and spend time doing AH and other activities, vials are not a useful option. maybe if you do what other MMOs have tried and stop the vial timers in rest zones that would be an improvement, but otherwise, the always on is the way to go.

i enjoy rift but my free account is as useful as the patron at this point.

Soulwalker

Am I seeing wrong, or you actually WANT to make Patron a MUSTHAVE? O.o

The actual thing is very well balanced, you can turn on your vials for dailies, still have some bonuses for the rest of the day. Discount in the store is fine as well. And you can get some free useful things from daily/weekly boxes.

Choose other game if you want pay2win so much.

Ps. Get to 60.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Bilateral View Post
    Am I seeing wrong, or you actually WANT to make Patron a MUSTHAVE? O.o

The actual thing is very well balanced, you can turn on your vials for dailies, still have some bonuses for the rest of the day. Discount in the store is fine as well. And you can get some free useful things from daily/weekly boxes.

Choose other game if you want pay2win so much.

Ps. Get to 60.
    glad you are content with the existing system, better for you. i have 4 level 60 toons (one each class). i have ALL tradeskills at 375 with ALL the useful recipes and still have extra tokens to buy more if they add them. i know how to play, maybe that is why patron, as it exists, does not have much value to me. PS i also have a level 7 guild for personal use for the bank space. i have a fun personal dimension and a massive guild dimension....

Default ...

Quote Originally Posted by Mykei View Post
    glad you are content with the existing system, better for you. i have 4 level 60 toons (one each class). i have ALL tradeskills at 375 with ALL the useful recipes and still have extra tokens to buy more if they add them. i know how to play, maybe that is why patron, as it exists, does not have much value to me. PS i also have a level 7 guild for personal use for the bank space. i have a fun personal dimension and a massive guild dimension....
    i tend to agree with OP, the current patron bonus isnt enough for me to even consider paying a sub anymore.

Shield of Telara

To be honest, my view of this patron thing is that it is simply countering its purpose.
    Being a patron would make you gain levels and currencies faster, which means you are consuming the game faster. Which means you will be get out of the patronage quickly and get off the game as soon as possible. I have to say it's quite a poor design.

My suggestion to new players is: "If you want to play the game longer, don't become a patron."

I am sure there are much better ways to entice players to become patrons rather than the current setup.

Trion plz consider tuning the patron rewards, as it stands now i wont/don't need to renew my patron status at the end of the year.

- rewards should be ON all the time (if you want to replace the 40% vial with a 20-30% always on status, that would work, or stop the vial timers in rest zones).
    I wouldn't mind seeing this as well, although as a casual I find myself at max stacks of the vials waiting to be used most of the time.

- 3 bag slots for patrons is not enough, 5 minimum.
    You should have 5 if you've ever paid real money towards the game at all. If you don't have 5, put in a ticket.

- show us where we are in the que! dungeons, login, and such. my guess is that this perk is not worth anything now that the novelty of the F2P has worn off. plz include run/mount speed total on the status page also.
    First off, the perk only applies to login queues, not dungeon queues. So yes, this perk isn't worth much now. But it might be worth more once 2.4 comes and certainly when 3.0 drops.

- drop the daily reward, that is a waste of time on your side and really not of any value.
    I actually quite like the daily reward. It's like a little bit of christmas every day. Occassionally I get sourcestones or other currency which really sweetens the deal. Oh, and protip: When you do get tokens of any kind from it, the bonus from vials and such applies.

- include useful perks for patrons, come up with something innovative, vials are a fail. don't be so obvious and add perks that force us to spend more cash to get use out of them such as a store discount...at this point the F2P model has tricks and traps that force us to spend more time or cash to get use out of the so called perks.

- add more storage and/or account shared bank vault for patrons.

based on the fact we sit in ques for WFs and Dungeons, have to run around a lot for quests, and spend time doing AH and other activities, vials are not a useful option. maybe if you do what other MMOs have tried and stop the vial timers in rest zones that would be an improvement, but otherwise, the always on is the way to go.

i enjoy rift but my free account is as useful as the patron at this point.
    --Patron only souls/classes could easily turn the game into pay2win. Having to pay for SL souls is bad enough imo, but they're only "essential" for some high-end raid specs.
    --Patron only race would be ok as long as it has access to everything non patron classes do.
    --The auction house fee is so minor i don't even pay attention to it now.
    --An extra bank vault would be nice, but then again I don't have large bags in the bank slots I do now, and that would probably help my minor storage issues a lot.

One final thought: Aside from loyalty, a small credit stipend every month of continuous sub would be nice (say 50-100 credits). In fact, I'd even be willing to give up the 10% discount on store items for this.
    Last edited by soulseeker; 09-12-2013 at 04:22 AM.
    cynic (n.) -- /sin'ik/ An idealist whose rose-colored glasses have been removed, snapped in two, and stomped into the ground, immediately improving his/her vision (Rick Bayan - The Cynic's Dictionary)
    Kelidra: Level 60 Assassin/Ranger Rogue Greybriar
    Mystara: Level 55 Necrolock/Pyromentalist Greybriar

what motivated me to post this thread was my visit to a wholesale store near me. BJ wholesale changed to Free2Shop this year. this is great and members get a %15 percent discount plus special offers.

i will not renew my membership at BJs because their prices are great as is, they offer items that are hard to find elsewhere, so i save $60 a year now and can shop my way.

the 10% Rift store discount is nothing, %15 would be a little better but in all cases it is not worth $99 a year.

Just an allowance would fix everything.
    250-500 credits a month for being a patron.

Doesn't make it a must, but doesn't exactly make it the useless thing it is now.
    I mean the only thing it really has is it has a 10% discount, mount boost, and some xp/rep/etc boosts. That's it. That's wroth 15/month or 100/year?

Quote Originally Posted by soulseeker View Post
    You should have 5 if you've ever paid real money towards the game at all. If you don't have 5, put in a ticket.
    ? Buying credits with real money in the store doesn't get you bag slots. Buying the upgrade editions from the Rift site doesn't either. Only buying the base box game or the SL box expansion does.

Ascendant

Most of your suggestions are pretty reasonable, but these are hugely greedy and overnight would turn Rift into the worst kind of P2W game there is (right now it's P2W only in the minds of idiots).

And what's with the '5 bags' bit?, we already get 5 bags.
    Last edited by Kerin; 09-12-2013 at 05:55 AM.

Rift Disciple

I agree with getting rid of the vials for a permanent buff. I believe the percent should be more like 15 percent if this happens and stacks with other buffs and vials. A monthly amount of credits would also be nice. I like the daily and weekly gift boxes but I think the chances of getting something good out of them need a boost for patron to go along with the boost for loyalty level. Also for patrons increasing the loyalty from 2 to 3 or 4 per credit bought and spent would be nice. I also thought the portable ah would have been a good patron bonus as well.

I understand the difficulty of trying to give people "nice to have" while not violating the tricks and traps motto of making patron a must have, but I too find the rewards lacking.

I don't want more of something, but I do want something different. Perhaps an option to choose the daily gifts? i.e. I do not collect artifacts, and given the opportunity I'd much rather get consumables such as health pots, power/whet stones, or buff vials.

I feel like I'm signed up for the panty of the month club. Not only are they sending me thongs that ride up really high, but I don't like to wear panties in the first place.
    Currently playing Beermaid lvl 65 War

Prophet of Telara

*shrug*

I'm giving them my 15 bucks a month simply because I like the game and realize this stuff doesn't run on unicorn farts and pixie dust.

I consider it a tip for the hard work being put in.

The perks are just that to me...perks.

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar

What would be neat for patrons is a daily +2 loyalty bonus. Meaning, each day you will automatically receive 2 loyalty for being an active patron. It's not a huge amount gained per month if you have a 30 day+ patron status. Looking at 60 loyalty granted in a 30-day month.

I agree with the OP that there really isn't too much in the Patron rewards that are relevant to how I play.

I really like the idea of patrons being able to choose what they get in the daily reward to some extent. I don't pvp, and yet the rewards have given me a TON of pvp currency and vials that I can do nothing with. Likewise there isn't really any need for me to collect any more of the infinity stones, but I get those to. Both of these could be changed if they re-introduced a way to turn unwanted currency into PA experience crystals or something else, though eventually I am going to have PA maxed out.. I really don't need any more PA to play right now so it isn't a big driving force for me.

I do like the daily and weekly gifts, as I have found that I do find myself logging on to pick them up, so that is a plus for keeping players coming back, but the content in them should be revised in some way. I do currently use artifacts, but I have so many completed that the artifacts I get are generally useless to me except as AH fodder.

I also agree that the patron vials should be 'always on' rather than time limited.

In general, there isn't really much that is currently making me want to renew my subscription with Rift, and I have been here since the pre-launch with a subscription. I do put some stock in the good-will to a games company, and investing in them, but I honestly have not been enjoying the game as much as I used to, and that good-will has faded quite a bit. If Trion are to get my subscription money when renewal day comes around next year there really has to be more reasons relevant to how I play. Right now if it was up tomorrow, I wouldn't renew.
    Harrier the Corgimancer

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast