Closed Thread

Thread: GHRs and Greaters

Default GHRs and Greaters

Sorry if this has been asked before recently, but I've been finding a lot of conflicting/inconclusive answers around the 'net and in-game...

Basically, what I am wondering is simply this: Can an epic greater essence e.g. a searing flamesource, drop into your rift loot bag upon completing a GHR, but not as the one with rights to the chest? I know this can happen in SH62's, but I ask because GHR groups seem more prevalent, and also as it seems a little more difficult and perhaps even unfair to run my own "reserve" group as I cannot tank.

Would also be curious to know if it's possible that they can drop in GH1/2. Again, I've read reports of it occurring however it is trivial for me to solo a GH2 with a pet build, so I have my doubts here.

EDIT: I'm a Mage, hence why I noted that I cannot actually tank the planarchs.
    Last edited by lightningpaw; 09-09-2013 at 11:40 AM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by lightningpaw View Post
    perhaps even unfair to run my own "reserve" group as I cannot tank.
    Your lure, your loot.
    Choof@Faeblight <Synergy> - Level 60 Warrior
    contains idm, rhythm gaming, and like one rift vid l0l

Quote Originally Posted by lightningpaw View Post
    Sorry if this has been asked before recently, but I've been finding a lot of conflicting/inconclusive answers around the 'net and in-game...

Basically, what I am wondering is simply this: Can an epic greater essence e.g. a searing flamesource, drop into your rift loot bag upon completing a GHR, but not as the one with rights to the chest? I know this can happen in SH62's, but I ask because GHR groups seem more prevalent, and also as it seems a little more difficult and perhaps even unfair to run my own "reserve" group as I cannot tank.

Would also be curious to know if it's possible that they can drop in GH1/2. Again, I've read reports of it occurring however it is trivial for me to solo a GH2 with a pet build, so I have my doubts here.

EDIT: I'm a Mage, hence why I noted that I cannot actually tank the planarchs.
    Yes, you have a chance of getting them also in your rift loot bag, just like from strongholds. On what can drop it, I've seen following dropping a greater:
    GH3+
    SH60+
    Dendrome foothold, normal type (money-shot!)
    The destructible part of a SH62 which the robot helps to dispose of.
    Last edited by Rounded; 09-09-2013 at 12:25 PM.

Telaran

I got my epic tanking greater in my gift basket from a random GH5

Rift Chaser

to answer your question, YES. even if you are not using ur lure, REGARDLESS of GH 1-5, you have a chance to get a greater in your loot bag. I got a tanking greater(EPIC, not RARE), off a GH1 during a dendrome GH event. And i also got a CP greater, epic, from a SH60. Chances are LOW, but you will still able to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by polarshift View Post
    to answer your question, YES. even if you are not using ur lure, REGARDLESS of GH 1-5, you have a chance to get a greater in your loot bag. I got a tanking greater(EPIC, not RARE), off a GH1 during a dendrome GH event. And i also got a CP greater, epic, from a SH60. Chances are LOW, but you will still able to get it.
    I need to point out that both of those were in Dendrome for you. I'm highly sceptical on greaters dropping from a GH1 in Ashora.

Closed Thread