+ Reply to Thread

Thread: MMORPG research in the Pittsburgh area

Soulwalker

Default MMORPG research in the Pittsburgh area

Hello everyone, I am a Ph.D. candidate in Duquesne University's clinical psychology program in Pittsburgh, PA. I have chosen to research the daily experiences of playing a MMORPG for my dissertation. I am curious to learn more about what players are doing while they play and what they find engaging about it.

If you decide to participate, I will interview you about your experiences and watch you play. The interview would take place where you normally play and be audio-recorded. Your identity would remain confidential.

To be eligible to participate, you must:

1) Be at least 18 years old
    2) Live in the greater Pittsburgh area
    3) Currently play a prototypical MMORPG (WoW, EverQuest, Rift, Guild Wars 2, etc.) regularly (15+ hours a week) for at least the past year

If you are not sure if you meet these criteria but want to participate, feel free to contact me.

If you are at all interested,please send me a PM. I can go over the specifics of what participating in my study would entail and you can then decide if you are interested in participating.

Thanks for considering it! Have a good day.

Jake

p.s. If you know of anyone that you think would be interested, feel free to forward this to them. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Galdor02 View Post
    Hello everyone, I am a Ph.D. candidate in Duquesne University's clinical psychology program in Pittsburgh, PA. I have chosen to research the daily experiences of playing a MMORPG for my dissertation. I am curious to learn more about what players are doing while they play and what they find engaging about it.

If you decide to participate, I will interview you about your experiences and watch you play. The interview would take place where you normally play and be audio-recorded. Your identity would remain confidential.

3) Currently play a prototypical MMORPG (WoW, EverQuest, Rift, Guild Wars 2, etc.) regularly (15+ hours a week) for at least the past year

If you are not sure if you meet these criteria but want to participate, feel free to contact me.

If you are at all interested,please send me a PM. I can go over the specifics of what participating in my study would entail and you can then decide if you are interested in participating.

Jake

p.s. If you know of anyone that you think would be interested, feel free to forward this to them. Thanks.
    Interesting project, I look forward to you linking the work back here when you publish your dissertation.
    I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant

I don't like in Pittsburgh otherwise I would. Very interested in this study!
    The only way that someone from Cluster 2 is actually as bad as you all say is if they started playing this game in 2.3 (Free to Play launch).

Proud officer and Mage class lead of <Zombies>

Quote Originally Posted by Galdor02 View Post

Jake

Sounds creepy, and borderline pedo bear, no thanks

+ Reply to Thread