+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 199
Like Tree88Likes

Thread: How to tell if your dungeon pug group is bad..

  1. #46
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    146

    Default

    As for mechanics, just because someone hasnt maxed dungeon gear doesnt mean its their first rodeo. For all u know they have 10 raid geared alts. And what about the fact that they have to run those very same dungeons w/o the gear u claim they need to start w just to earn said gear. God forbid they pug w you until theyre ready to run w the master.

    Argument invalidated.
    Daemun, Graeven, Arnheim, Enterus, Kaael, Kareana
    Socius Amicitia
    Faeblight

  2. #47
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    708

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by runicNomad View Post
    How to tell if Estrogen is flooding your favorite MMO:

    Whining, Crying and all around emotional outbursts....
    I am not sure which is worse, associating women with crying and emotional bursts, or ignoring the fact that they can tolerate getting ripped in half giving birth to a kid and still kick your *** to a couch a day later without blinking an eye.


    Could do better.

  3. #48
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    149

    Default

    But they do ....

    And filled to the brim with drugs

  4. #49
    Ascendant Fragasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Saint Paul, MN
    Posts
    3,124

    Default

    I wanna see an addon that scans the other player's gear to see if the group will be good or not on a scale of 1 - 10

    The Time Saving addon!! If it's a one, it puts out a message "LEAVE THIS GROUP ASAP." If it is a 10 it shoots fireworks across your screen: "Congrats! You found a good group!" And it'll show the group rating in a little box in the side.

    Someone make this please

    Also: If you can scan achievements add that in too please, and time playing.
    Last edited by Fragasm; 08-28-2013 at 11:11 AM.
    The only way that someone from Cluster 2 is actually as bad as you all say is if they started playing this game in 2.3 (Free to Play launch).

    Proud officer and Mage class lead of <Zombies>

  5. #50
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    271

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by runicNomad View Post
    How to tell if Estrogen is flooding your favorite MMO:

    Whining, Crying and all around emotional outbursts....
    dat misogyny tho
    Choof@Faeblight <Synergy> - Level 60 Warrior
    contains idm, rhythm gaming, and like one rift vid l0l

  6. #51
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    200

    Default

    I just assume everyone is terrible when randomly queuing, and if someone turns out to not suck hickory smoked horse buttholes I'd just take it as a pleasant surprise and move on.

  7. #52
    Prophet of Telara Kaelani's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,137

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ropeadope View Post
    I just assume everyone is terrible when randomly queuing, and if someone turns out to not suck hickory smoked horse buttholes I'd just take it as a pleasant surprise and move on.
    So, when you queue up, are you the pleasant surprise, or the other one?

  8. #53
    Champion Crisson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    575

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aphrodite Rising View Post
    You are not happy, you just like to boast, about something that means nothing!~ You are calling some person a waster? Do you know them? Anything about them?
    You don't need to fully know a person to build a concept about them. If I behave like a jerk and only use bad words around you and treat everybody like trash you will assume I'm the worst kind of person. If i would make every single post of mine in these forums an Ode to the Elitist then you would assume I'm some elitist jerk that think I'm better than anybody else, as if I'd started the game full T2 geared and stuffs.

    Now, the OP behaves the exact way like I described, so people in the forums can only assume he is acting within his means.

    @OP: mate, just stop. You're just.. you know... just... don't. Save those things to yourself. Half of us don't care and the other half will only troll you.

  9. #54
    RIFT Fan Site Operator
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,948

    Default

    Its getting to the point where if you que as a role you can't switch out (as "some" recent game has done that has terrible launches) and if you aren't geared for that role DENIED.

  10. #55
    Champion TadaceAce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    538

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daemun View Post
    400 emp stones a dungeon x 10 dungeons = 4000 stones. That sound like 4 pieces of gear to you? Considering cheapest gear piece is I believe 1700 stones? Who's the newb? Besides the fact that u can use crafted gear which out performs the dungeon gear and wont provide crystal bonuses. Ppl arent wrong for not playing your way when they que, you're wrong for expecting them to.
    Which gives you 5000 after bonuses. That gives you basically 3 pieces. Cheapest would take you 7500 marks... I apologize that means it takes you all of 15 dungeon runs. So... 8 days after getting enough gear to dungeon... or.. should you have gotten TWO world gear pieces in the time it takes to get to dungeon gear then you only need your starting 7 runs...

    The crystal bonus is always going to be worth more than a few SP or AP you would get from wearing crafted stuff.. you upgrade to crafted stuff after you have 4 piece. 100 dmg from inquis crystal? Thats a free 400 dps. How much wis / sp does it take to add 400 dps?

    Besides, lets use cleric as example.. you get crafted helm and belt (for armor).. two pieces is pretty standard... you're not buying an entire set of crafted gear.

    ... no excuse not to have a 4/4 crystal..

  11. #56
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TadaceAce View Post
    Ran seven dailies with pugs today and I noticed a pretty obviously and hilariously reliable correlation.

    Open KBM and listed in descending order based on factor weight:
    1. Is their SV zero? (Edit: In seven runs I had to tell two people that their SV was zero and summon them a medic)
    2. How many max planar charges do they have?
    3. Do they have a sigil / flare applied?
    4. Do they have KBM?
    5. Consumable?
    I just specced out of extra planar charges so I had 0/3, killed myself until I had 0% vitality, removed my flaring sigil, disabled KBM, and made sure I had no consumes.

    Did 18k+ dps on every boss.

    I AM THE DISPROVER.

    I have also recently dispelled the myth that gear contributes even slightly to the performance of a player.

  12. #57
    Champion TadaceAce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    538

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daemun View Post
    As for mechanics, just because someone hasnt maxed dungeon gear doesnt mean its their first rodeo. For all u know they have 10 raid geared alts.
    Are we really playing the what if card? What are the odds that pug with brand new 60 gear is an alt? If it is, it'll probably have faction runes, a hunt legend cape, and plenty of other give aways its obviously an alt. Especially with all the new f2p people just hitting 60..

    Yeah, looking at peoples stuff in KBM isn't perfect.. I said that... but you are really reaching.
    Last edited by TadaceAce; 08-28-2013 at 12:21 PM.

  13. #58
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    708

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Multimax View Post
    I have also recently dispelled the myth that gear contributes even slightly to the performance of a player.
    No...no you did not.
    To suggest that your skill somehow defies the programming of the game is laughable.
    There is performance around skill, then there is performance based around gear.

    You're not going to break 17k+ DPS in level 56 blues.

  14. #59
    Plane Walker regall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    459

    Default

    When you walk into a dungeon and say " Heyas" - and the response is;

    "Shutup" from the tank

    who then proceeds to pull every trash mob in sight without waiting for the healer,or a readycheck, and wipes the group in the first minute.

  15. #60
    Rift Disciple terry101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    100

    Default

    lol i have one thing 2 ask , we all do know this is a game right ? lmao, @ regall yep i seen that one as well xD and i did lmao i kept asking the tank could we wipe again plz lol he was quiet after that but i still have a chat with hin off and on we ended up friends and i joined his guild xD

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts