+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree88Likes

Thread: How to tell if your dungeon pug group is bad..

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Zazen View Post
    So you need KBM to run experts. That tells me quite a lot about you.
    Implying it's not always running when you have it.

@topic:
    Agreed, good list. If you know the common builds for each class, you can just take a look at their buffs and see if they suck or not.

I see a lot of crying in this thread from baddies who are afraid to be discovered as what they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by AJ911 View Post
    I'm sorry what am I supposed to be looking at? I'm too distracted by that hot dwarf in a bathing suit

This thread is hilarious in more ways than one...

OP's joke -> *WHOOSH* over half the people in this thread:

"You use kbm in experts noob? herp derp"

and then there is the obligatory

"I have 3 charges and I do 20k dps! this metric is completely wrong!11!!oneone"

KBM doesn't do anything in experts he's just using it to look at how prepared people are. It was a joke, lighten up people.

Quote Originally Posted by TadaceAce View Post
    Ran seven dailies with pugs today and I noticed a pretty obviously and hilariously reliable correlation.

Open KBM and listed in descending order based on factor weight:
    1. Is their SV zero? (Edit: In seven runs I had to tell two people that their SV was zero and summon them a medic)
    2. How many max planar charges do they have?
    3. Do they have a sigil / flare applied?
    4. Do they have KBM?
    5. Consumable?

Kings Boss Mods, the addon to tell if your pug is going to suck. Planar charges alone can usually tell you all you need to know..

<6 oh joy.. probably still wearing some greens and pre 60 gear. Will die almost every boss while doing 3k dps
    6-7 DPS is bad but somewhat knows the mechanics, will probably die occasionally
    8-9 8-10k dps, only eats mechanics under an unfortunate series of events
    10+, raid geared, 12k+ dps, only running the dungeon for the PA. very rarely will botch a mechanic.

Go ahead and flame about it because obviously its very flammable. Run a few pugs and lets hear your results.
    Wait, so you have to use consumables AND KBM for experts?

Quote Originally Posted by Redcruxs View Post
    This thread is hilarious in more ways than one...

OP's joke -> *WHOOSH* over half the people in this thread:

"You use kbm in experts noob? herp derp"

and then there is the obligatory

"I have 3 charges and I do 20k dps! this metric is completely wrong!11!!oneone"

KBM doesn't do anything in experts he's just using it to look at how prepared people are. It was a joke, lighten up people.
    The OP didn't make a joke, the OP is a joke, as are you.
    You're never alone with a clone.

Champion

Oh, nice discussion!

I have KBM running always, just because being too lazy to stop it outside of raids. So what? I use consumables in dungeons... why not? If my group is a bit weak, it may help a bit.

Ok, my SV is never 0 but 60 or less % could happen... just at ninja-invites p.e. My Planarcharges are mostly filled up... I stumble always in charge crystals... have KBM since beginning of raiding... my Sigil ist nearly filled with Torvans/Lichini. But all that does say nothing about my play-skill or if I am willing to give my best for the success of the group.

But if I inspect people in SL-dungeons and see sigil/flare with 42-essences (best are than 2 greaters), one slot empty or such things and the moneybag as trinket... okaaaayyyyyy... Also in experts I saw that trinket blinking in some equips... Runes on? No? Ok... may be a clever guy who knows, that he will change gear till endgear often... but... it is not really respectful to the other groupmates who make their thoughts to be good although not being in endcontent.
    Last edited by Mausea; 08-28-2013 at 05:35 AM.
    Melandra @ Entity @ Zaviel
    A cynic is a man who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.
    - Lady Windermere's Fan [Oscar Wilde] -

If I were confident enough to run random experts, I would completely blow the curve of the OP.

I was off for a full year, and only recently returned. I got to 60 very quickly doing quests, carnages, and hunts/great hunts.

I raid FT and EE with an accomplished group of guildies, so I have acquired really nice gear, which is runed out fairly well. I am venerated in Torvan and Lycini, so my source engine is fairly strong. I have 10 max planar charges, and look like the perfect candidate for the OP's group.

The problem is that having recently returned, I haven't the foggiest notion what the fight mechanics are in the expert dungeons. Suddenly having seven brand new dungeons with 31 new bosses is quite a bit to learn at one time (for me). It is really easy to confuse them all, and I'm continually derping my way through, standing in the wrong places, missing cleanses, or windows for preventative heals.

Thankfully for the general public, my guild has taken up the arduous task of getting me trained up. I wouldn't want to face the embarassment of stumbling around with random strangers, having them wonder how I could be so bad, but have such nice gear.

I appreciate the humor of the OP's message, and also laugh at the trolls who are trying to bait him with the predictable "you need KBM in experts????" crap. (funny)

While there may be a bell curve correlation between SV, charges, and the like to performance, it's obviously not a perfect and inviolate tool.

But, it is fun to talk about! (lol)

Default Planar charges

Planar charges only takes 2 in each PA tree, (1 center hex + 1 purple hex), should get you 9 to start off with. Pre-60 gear in Experts? Hmm...

Soulwalker

uh someone could have 10 planar charges and still be horrible at mechanics. KBM don't tell you if ppl are gonna stand in **** or afk for 10 mins. pretty much if you're gonna use the Q might as well get ready for a bad group. maybe 1/10 are actually not too bad.

o yea I forgot to mention, WHAT A USELESS WASTE OF A FORUM THREAD!
    Last edited by GunAzzDPS; 08-28-2013 at 07:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zazen View Post
    So you need KBM to run experts. That tells me quite a lot about you.
    so you're in Lucidium? That tells me quite a lot about you.
    OneButton (Half-way now to becoming a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "One button raider for life!"

Plane Walker

I have 10 planar charges and not enough hit to run SL experts.

Quote Originally Posted by TadaceAce View Post
    Ran seven dailies with pugs today and I noticed a pretty obviously and hilariously reliable correlation.

Open KBM and listed in descending order based on factor weight:
    1. Is their SV zero? (Edit: In seven runs I had to tell two people that their SV was zero and summon them a medic)
    2. How many max planar charges do they have?
    3. Do they have a sigil / flare applied?
    4. Do they have KBM?
    5. Consumable?

Kings Boss Mods, the addon to tell if your pug is going to suck. Planar charges alone can usually tell you all you need to know..

<6 oh joy.. probably still wearing some greens and pre 60 gear. Will die almost every boss while doing 3k dps
    6-7 DPS is bad but somewhat knows the mechanics, will probably die occasionally
    8-9 8-10k dps, only eats mechanics under an unfortunate series of events
    10+, raid geared, 12k+ dps, only running the dungeon for the PA. very rarely will botch a mechanic.

Go ahead and flame about it because obviously its very flammable. Run a few pugs and lets hear your results.
    What? I've played with dozens of people that DOES NOT use KBM and they could pretty much pull their weight. You're just being silly.

I'm still walking a bit funny after some really bad experts yesterday with a 36k HP tank that didn't know half of the mechanics and wasn't producing much threat.

But.. it was still fun. I shrugged off the wipes, explained mechanics, went sab to help with threat, and we still completed 3 randoms.

I don't care that I could've run 10 experts in the same amount of time. Someone new to the game got beat up by boss after boss, wiped the blood off his nose, and still managed to cross the finish line without any rage quitting whiners.

Obviously I'm not the only person willing to suffer through the rough patches - 3 other players decided to stick it out. Maybe the forums aren't the best metric for judging the player base.
    Currently playing Beermaid lvl 65 War

How to tell if Estrogen is flooding your favorite MMO:

Whining, Crying and all around emotional outbursts....

Quote Originally Posted by timmytoolshed View Post
    Probably just leaves the addon active when not in raids. Now go heal your SV.
    Another f2p waster. Are you proud of your store-bought gear? I'm happy with my 8 relics and 3 pieces of tier 2 gear.

The first sign to me is that I join a PUG and someone starts crying right off...

DPS isn't doing enough..
    tank is going to fast..
    your gear isn't good enough..
    why don't you have THIS buff...

etc.. etc..

WTF.. it's a PUG and it's just a GAME..

Stop taking it so seriously.. if it's that serious then get your guildies to run PUG's daily with you and ****

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast