Closed Thread
Results 1 to 12 of 12
Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By Tacitus
  • 3 Post By Tacitus

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Discontinued or changed quests

  1. #1
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    17

    Default Discontinued or changed quests

    Are there any online resources that have a list of discontinued quests or quests that have had their names changed? I was using QuestFinder to figure out if I had missed any quests and some of the quests it lists seem to have either been discontinued or undergone a name change.

  2. #2
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    327

    Default

    how did you determine they have changed or been removed? also, quest finder lists quests for both factions, so if your trying to find a quest it might be faction specific.

  3. #3
    Ascendant ilex011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,310

    Default

    I know for sure there is one that has been removed- it's in Lantern Hook, and requires Bynum's Armor, from the vendor John Bynum. Involves a Defiant wardstone right outside the Hook but the wardstone is gone. I found it by Googling "bynum's armor".

    The armor really should be removed, though. That quest chain is no longer needed for the Droughtlands questing achiev.
    Last edited by ilex011; 08-26-2013 at 05:59 PM. Reason: hee hee- John Bynum... "Bizarre" was a great show! Super Dave Osbourne!
    Faeblight
    ilexx: lvl 60 High Elf Necromancer/Chloro
    RIFT 3.0 incoming soon... get ready for some surprises!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thitizen View Post
    Helicopters? Tesla Coils? Skrillex?

  4. #4
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by uh1valkyrie View Post
    how did you determine they have changed or been removed? also, quest finder lists quests for both factions, so if your trying to find a quest it might be faction specific.
    In Gloamwood, there used to be a quest called "Fallen Ancient" that seems to have been replaced with the quest called "Felling an Ancient". Both quests are listed as Guardian and both require you to destroy the Blacksap Ancient. Arthur Roames gives the quest Felling an Ancient, but I think it used to be that you had to kill the Blacksap Ancient and loot the Heart of the Ancient, which then gave the quest Fallen Ancient.

  5. #5
    Ascendant ilex011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,310

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drockarius View Post
    In Gloamwood, there used to be a quest called "Fallen Ancient" that seems to have been replaced with the quest called "Felling an Ancient". Both quests are listed as Guardian and both require you to destroy the Blacksap Ancient. Arthur Roames gives the quest Felling an Ancient, but I think it used to be that you had to kill the Blacksap Ancient and loot the Heart of the Ancient, which then gave the quest Fallen Ancient.
    Yeah, I remember that well. They took it out? Didn't know that.
    Faeblight
    ilexx: lvl 60 High Elf Necromancer/Chloro
    RIFT 3.0 incoming soon... get ready for some surprises!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thitizen View Post
    Helicopters? Tesla Coils? Skrillex?

  6.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #6
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Tacitus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    790

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drockarius View Post
    In Gloamwood, there used to be a quest called "Fallen Ancient" that seems to have been replaced with the quest called "Felling an Ancient". Both quests are listed as Guardian and both require you to destroy the Blacksap Ancient. Arthur Roames gives the quest Felling an Ancient, but I think it used to be that you had to kill the Blacksap Ancient and loot the Heart of the Ancient, which then gave the quest Fallen Ancient.
    Both were valid ways of doing essentially the same quest. You could do one or the other, but not both. I believe in 2.4, this has just been turned into a single target carnage quest (I worked on the original GW content, but did not do the refresh pass coming in 2.4).
    Rift Team Designer
    Live Content Watch Commander

    "Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

  7. #7
    Prophet of Telara Seranov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,045

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    Both were valid ways of doing essentially the same quest. You could do one or the other, but not both. I believe in 2.4, this has just been turned into a single target carnage quest (I worked on the original GW content, but did not do the refresh pass coming in 2.4).
    I've been trying to find out if they took out the quest chain for Defiants that awards the Harbinger title, but so far my efforts have met with a resounding "?" from forums and GMs alike.

    It's really frustrating, because my little Mage wants to be Harbinger Yuuzu, while playing Harbinger.
    Seranii@Greybriar - 60 Eth Warrior
    | SL: 11/12 T2, 5/8 T3 | NT: X/X T1 |
    < Dirty Casual until 3.0 >
    "One day you'll hang your head as you realize,
    You've heard it all but didn't listen to a word."

  8.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #8
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Tacitus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    790

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seranov View Post
    I've been trying to find out if they took out the quest chain for Defiants that awards the Harbinger title, but so far my efforts have met with a resounding "?" from forums and GMs alike.
    That would be the reward from the achievement for completing the Death Saga quest chain in Freemarch.

    (And yes, it is still in the game.)


    2nd edit to add: If you wait until 2.4 to do the Death Saga, some of the more annoying bugs remaining have been fixed, including the issues with the quests that send you instances when the group leader is of the opposite faction.
    Last edited by Tacitus; 08-27-2013 at 12:11 PM.
    Rift Team Designer
    Live Content Watch Commander

    "Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

  9. #9
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    Both were valid ways of doing essentially the same quest. You could do one or the other, but not both. I believe in 2.4, this has just been turned into a single target carnage quest (I worked on the original GW content, but did not do the refresh pass coming in 2.4).
    Hi Tacitus, thank you for the response. Is there a place somewhere on the Rift site (or elsewhere) that conveniently lists changes to quests, whether they have simply been modified or have been removed or replaced? If not, maybe the dev team could consider that as a future addition to the site. As I level some of my alts, I keep finding myself thinking that there used to be a quest here or there but can't find them now despite having run through all of the available quests I could find.

  10.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #10
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Tacitus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    790

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drockarius View Post
    Is there a place somewhere on the Rift site (or elsewhere) that conveniently lists changes to quests, whether they have simply been modified or have been removed or replaced? If not, maybe the dev team could consider that as a future addition to the site.
    Heh, that would be... an extensive list. :P

    As an example, I just wrapped up a revamp of the Stonefield quest flow. There were previously more than 87 non-daily quests in that zone. Now there are 75 (the total needed for the zone quest achievement is now 73 - well now being as of 2.4).

    I actually added a couple of new quests (not kill/carnage quests). But I merged together a number of quests, tweaked objectives of many, changed quest givers or completers of many, etc. The changes would fill many pages to document them all. Even my very short-hand notes are many pages as they are.

    Lest anyone fear that we removed a bunch of content, I really didn't remove much of any. Almost all of that quest reduction is merging objectives, etc, for better quest flow or to put more emphasis on the main story quests. For example - you no longer get sent from Coterie Camp down into Titan's Rest four times in a row to do one single quest on each trip. :P

    I am REALLY looking forward to the next zone revamp, but cannot talk about it yet.
    Last edited by Tacitus; 08-30-2013 at 08:41 PM.
    Rift Team Designer
    Live Content Watch Commander

    "Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

  11. #11
    General of Telara Hawkmoon0028's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    936

    Default

    I'm absolutely hoping you're alluding to changes to EI. The fact that this awesome area was completely trivialized by SL's release made me a sad panda.

    There was so much cool s*&t to do on EI when it first came out....

    Crossing my fingers!

    Hawkemoon- Cleric- Greybriar
    Waiting for: Star Citizen

  12. #12
    Sword of Telara lynspottery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Snellville, GA USA
    Posts
    800

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    For example - you no longer get sent from Coterie Camp down into Titan's Rest four times in a row to do one single quest on each trip. :P

    I am REALLY looking forward to the next zone revamp, but cannot talk about it yet.
    This is great. I can't tell you how irritating it is to get a quest only to have to return to the quest giver to receive one additional quest down to the same spot. Having this type of silly yoyo questing just takes the fun out of things.

    I prefer picking up a quest, completing it in the field and receive my reward plus the next stage without having to return to the original quest giver.

    I still see some like this but it appears to be less and less. The way the carnage quests seem to work is you do the hunt, receive a quest on the go, follow the quest to completion and get the reward. Getting drops that give an additional quest is quite fun, you never know what you are getting and that is a surprise.

    Thanks for fixing this.

Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts