+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 37
Like Tree25Likes

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: EXP nerfed since wednesdays patch...why?

  1. #1
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    214

    Default EXP nerfed since wednesdays patch...why?

    Hello there.

    I know most of you are already 60 and this doesnt really impact you at all, however as I am currently leveling a rogue I noticed that the quests in Morban and Steps of Infinity now only give roughly 75,000 experience now, where they used to be giving over 108,000 exp per completion.

    I know this because it's something you kind of notice. When you first enter SL it's around 60k or so then it slowly goes up to 98k in Seratos as you progress (not done the other continent so unsure how that works.)

    Now I've had a ticket in an no answer thus far and several of my guild mates are having the same thing happen to them. We havn't found anything regarding exp nerfs in any patch notes but are assuming it is due to the new Crucia crates and the chance at 160% potions for exp etc, pretty much a real shutty marketting thing to take what we have and then say 'oh but you have a small chance at one of these boxes containing a potion, that costs around $4'.

    I don't know, I'm a bit annoyed about it as I had hoped, with the normal quest exp levels, I would be 60 on my rogue already, now however I need to waste even more time on the pointless grind, well it's not pointless, but it sure is monotonous.

    I don't really know what my point was other than to bring this to the attention of other people that are thinking of leveling another character through SL, it's now going to take even longer.

    I really think the only thing that really annoys me about it is that you cannot actually purchase these 160% potions from the store like the other potions for boosting, I wouldn't buy one cos they would be too expensive, but some may and the option would indeed be nice.

  2. #2
    Ascendant Galibier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    10,460

    Default

    I noticed this today myself. I was getting jack all for exp on 62SH's when it came to PA. I did like 4 and got more exp for completing the chronicle. It was actually so low I had to check to see if I still had my patron vial up. I did.

    Hoping this is a bug.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

  3. #3
    Ascendant Charlice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    6,616

    Default

    Wouldn't want you gaining xp/pa too fast. How would we sell the +80% xp pots?


    Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

  4. #4
    Rift Master Haceldama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    641

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sryinx View Post
    Hello there.

    I know most of you are already 60 and this doesnt really impact you at all, however as I am currently leveling a rogue I noticed that the quests in Morban and Steps of Infinity now only give roughly 75,000 experience now, where they used to be giving over 108,000 exp per completion.

    I know this because it's something you kind of notice. When you first enter SL it's around 60k or so then it slowly goes up to 98k in Seratos as you progress (not done the other continent so unsure how that works.)

    Now I've had a ticket in an no answer thus far and several of my guild mates are having the same thing happen to them. We havn't found anything regarding exp nerfs in any patch notes but are assuming it is due to the new Crucia crates and the chance at 160% potions for exp etc, pretty much a real shutty marketting thing to take what we have and then say 'oh but you have a small chance at one of these boxes containing a potion, that costs around $4'.

    I don't know, I'm a bit annoyed about it as I had hoped, with the normal quest exp levels, I would be 60 on my rogue already, now however I need to waste even more time on the pointless grind, well it's not pointless, but it sure is monotonous.

    I don't really know what my point was other than to bring this to the attention of other people that are thinking of leveling another character through SL, it's now going to take even longer.

    I really think the only thing that really annoys me about it is that you cannot actually purchase these 160% potions from the store like the other potions for boosting, I wouldn't buy one cos they would be too expensive, but some may and the option would indeed be nice.
    Based on the numbers you have given, a thought occurred to me. Have you checked that you are still (if applicable) getting your patron bonus xp? It is likely something else but thought I would ask just in case.

    Question from the Dark Side!!!

    Haceldama

  5. #5
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    4,433

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haceldama View Post
    Based on the numbers you have given, a thought occurred to me. Have you checked that you are still (if applicable) getting your patron bonus xp? It is likely something else but thought I would ask just in case.

    Question from the Dark Side!!!

    Haceldama
    Seems you could be correct. 75,000 x 1.4 = drum roll..... 105, 000. Almost got me angry there. Grrr.

  6. #6
    Rift Disciple Algearond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    137

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sryinx View Post
    Hello there.

    I know most of you are already 60 and this doesnt really impact you at all, however as I am currently leveling a rogue I noticed that the quests in Morban and Steps of Infinity now only give roughly 75,000 experience now, where they used to be giving over 108,000 exp per completion.

    I know this because it's something you kind of notice. When you first enter SL it's around 60k or so then it slowly goes up to 98k in Seratos as you progress (not done the other continent so unsure how that works.)

    Now I've had a ticket in an no answer thus far and several of my guild mates are having the same thing happen to them. We havn't found anything regarding exp nerfs in any patch notes but are assuming it is due to the new Crucia crates and the chance at 160% potions for exp etc, pretty much a real shutty marketting thing to take what we have and then say 'oh but you have a small chance at one of these boxes containing a potion, that costs around $4'.

    I don't know, I'm a bit annoyed about it as I had hoped, with the normal quest exp levels, I would be 60 on my rogue already, now however I need to waste even more time on the pointless grind, well it's not pointless, but it sure is monotonous.

    I don't really know what my point was other than to bring this to the attention of other people that are thinking of leveling another character through SL, it's now going to take even longer.

    I really think the only thing that really annoys me about it is that you cannot actually purchase these 160% potions from the store like the other potions for boosting, I wouldn't buy one cos they would be too expensive, but some may and the option would indeed be nice.
    If this is true, I am a very happy Dwarf. XP gains are too high in this game as is.

  7.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #7
    Rift Team
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,389

    Default

    We have not nerfed EXP gains.

    ~Daglar

  8. #8
    Ascendant Landru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,787

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    We have not nerfed EXP gains.

    ~Daglar
    Annnnnnnnnnnnnd that's a wrap.
    I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant

  9. #9
    Ascendant Charlice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    6,616

    Default

    Dang it. I was waiting to see the conspiracy theories unfold.


    Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

  10. #10
    Rift Disciple llortmurof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charlice View Post
    Dang it. I was waiting to see the conspiracy theories unfold.

    There is no cabal.

  11. #11
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charlice View Post
    Dang it. I was waiting to see the conspiracy theories unfold.
    it's only a matter of time before they do what they do in every ftp game to increase store sales, Would not put it past them.

  12. #12
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    4,433

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charlice View Post
    Wouldn't want you gaining xp/pa too fast. How would we sell the +80% xp pots?
    We can still have one, what happened to the extra 3k xp?

  13. #13
    Ascendant Galibier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    10,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    We have not nerfed EXP gains.

    ~Daglar
    Could you look into some stuff then Daglar because I am not exaggerating when I say the amount of exp I was getting from 62SH was insanely low even with patron pots going. Notoriety was fine but the PA exp was nearly non-existent.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

  14. #14
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    214

    Default

    I would like to know then, why I am getting much less exp than previously when I wasn't using the exp vials (ive used one or two whilst elveling in SL).

    To get back to the 'normal' amount I now have to use potions, where as previously I was using the potions/vials I was getting roughly 140k exp, now just 108k exp (the base of what I was getting).

    If this is not intended I would like it tlooked into, I have got a ticket up and yet still unanswered. Yes it's really a minor thing but it is very annoying all the same to suddenly get your exp gained drop when you go to a higher level zone, fighting and killing higher level creatures and requiring much higher amounts of exp to gain a level.

  15. #15
    Ascendant Techie Will's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    6,122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sryinx View Post
    I would like to know then, why I am getting much less exp than previously when I wasn't using the exp vials (ive used one or two whilst elveling in SL).

    To get back to the 'normal' amount I now have to use potions, where as previously I was using the potions/vials I was getting roughly 140k exp, now just 108k exp (the base of what I was getting).

    If this is not intended I would like it tlooked into, I have got a ticket up and yet still unanswered. Yes it's really a minor thing but it is very annoying all the same to suddenly get your exp gained drop when you go to a higher level zone, fighting and killing higher level creatures and requiring much higher amounts of exp to gain a level.
    Sounds like you ran out of reseted experience.


+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts