Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: New survery is kind of confused?

Ascendant

Default New survery is kind of confused?

Just had an e-mail for another of Trion's surveys. I'm not asking if it's legit, I know it is but I'm bemused by the opening line in the e-mail:

Thank you for playing RIFT! We noticed that you have not played in a while and wanted to find out why.
    Er, what?

I've logged in every day, I think without fail, since mid-June after I started playing again, I certainly have done so throughout Summferfest.

So who broke the survey SQL SELECT?

I mailed 'focusgroups' as per the link in the e-mail.

I got the same mail, it's legit btw.

I also log in "almost" everyday, BUT, my playtime has been gone down more. Maybe they can also see that? Accounts that had a bigger playtime before and now less to almost none get the survey?

I still play but less due RL changes like a baby in the house, a new house,...

Anyway, it's always good to fill in them surveys, the more info Trion can get, the better they can support the game and make us happy!

Or yes, it just may be a mistake. But I don't mind filling in a survey day by day for them Feels that they care and I feel that they like my/our input. ( Others may state diffrent, but that's each of our own opinions )
    Rhynn, Venerated Member of <Invictus> - Gelidra (EU)
    Shamelessly sponsoring the following player:
    Seatin - RIFT Livestreamer/YouTuber
    www.twitch.tv/seatinmanoflegends and www.youtube.com/seatinmanoflegends
    http://www.manoflegends.com - The ultimate education resource for RIFT

Champion of Telara

Yup, same here.

I still play but the amount of time i spend online is way lower than it used to be. Probably just that the email is badly targetted or badly worded.

I've never received a survey from Trion. Maybe they don't care about me!

But I also never get a receipt email when I use my CC with them, never - not even once since launch, so I have to manually record the details of all my purchases in Rift or Defiance. It's why I don't like to keep my CC active with Trion. But I do get emails for like newsletters and support responses.

If I did get a survey request by email then I certainly would not provide login info to take the survey.
    Specter
    R87 Mage - Wolfsbane, Guardian

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Taptap View Post

If I did get a survey request by email then I certainly would not provide login info to take the survey.
    It doesnt ask for any log-in info, not even a character name.

Its from a genuine Trion email, its been queried before.

Soulwalker

Default Equally confused- 2 accounts paid and active!

Also got this survey. I was made redundant last year so being 59 opted to cash in a pension and take early retirement. Have two accounts, played virtually every day for several hours for the last twelve months. Just paid for another six months on one account.

No logical reason to send the survey to me. However as it only came to one of my accounts email addresses I suspect the entire thing was a random selection by Trion.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Taptap View Post
    Neither would anyone who's sensible .. this one doesn't ask for a login, which is one (but not the main) reason I knew it was legit!

Plane Touched

I got this email at 0054 UK time.

Not only would my wife seriously disagree with the statement that I haven't played recently, but I was actually in game at the time the email was sent.

The survey webpage seems to have locked up, so to summarise, yes Trion, I am enjoying being back in the game. Very much

Ishmael P77
    Shatari P77
    Astelle L54
    Stormbull L50

sounds like its badly targeted. I haven't played in...errr 4 or 5 months though checking my account I still have 430+ days remaining of patron. I may have logged in during that time but if I did it was extremely brief.

Edit: I did log in though during the f2p transition and gave a bunch of new players plat and answered general questions but still my play time has been near non existent lately, so I figure I should have got that email.
    Last edited by Xillean; 08-22-2013 at 12:32 AM.
    Myrmidon Xillean Tormeng, Lord of War
    Dimensions: Planar Study Spec: 61/10/5
    PA: 900 | Score: 11120 | Tradeskills: All Grandmastered
    4/4 GP | 4/4 DH | 5/5 GSB | 5/5 RoS Conqueror | 11/11 HK | 2/4 RotP | 1/8 ID
    Characters: Xillean R90, Phantasmal R72, Eylisa R68, Kattie R74

Ascendant

Yes - another survey dropped in the mailbox of my main account. Several accounts here too, and I got the mail a while after finishing last night's 4+ hours of raiding lol

So at 'reason why you haven't played recently' I've just put down 'I needed some sleep!'....

surely as soon as someone gets in the office they should check this

I got the same email so I put that I was on vacation in the Redwood Forest last week and there wasn't any internet available where I was so I was taking a few days off from playing. I've gotten these kind of emails before and it was obviously one that was sent to the wrong target group as I've logged in over 300+ hours in the past 3 months.
    Last edited by JoreelWindsong; 08-22-2013 at 06:37 AM.
    In life only those who play the game can be winners...

Default Yeah...

I got one as well, but my playtime has dropped from several hours a day to an hour or just logging in to grab my patron gifts. My time will jump back up after coaching and our team wraps up the football season. Looking forward to snow and unwinding in Telara!

13.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #13

Quote Originally Posted by Faerugue View Post
    Yes - another survey dropped in the mailbox of my main account. Several accounts here too, and I got the mail a while after finishing last night's 4+ hours of raiding lol

So at 'reason why you haven't played recently' I've just put down 'I needed some sleep!'....

surely as soon as someone gets in the office they should check this

Mea culpa. The SQL query to pull everyone's data was missing a parameter, so we inadvertently captured some folks who are playing all the time. Apologies to all who were confused/concerned about receiving a survey like this.
    Good Gaming!

Mij "Brand Guru" Reltub
    AKA: the Spellfire Oracle, retired
    13th-level Marketeer

"Do be careful! Don't lose any of that stuff. That's concentrated evil. One drop of that could turn you all into hermit crabs."

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by BrandGuru View Post
    Mea culpa. The SQL query to pull everyone's data was missing a parameter, so we inadvertently captured some folks who are playing all the time. Apologies to all who were confused/concerned about receiving a survey like this.
    yips ... know all about those silly databases doing just what's asked ... lol - however, I still will go to bed later tonight too!

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by BrandGuru View Post

Classic.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast