+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree67Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Mayhem in Mathosia: August 21 - September 4

Quote Originally Posted by Techie Will View Post
    Forty minutes now without a single invasion popping on NA Cluster #1 in these zones.
    At 43 minutes we had one pop.

Ascendant

Mayhem not so much. Maddening? Definitely. Crank that zone event spawn rate way up Mike. Don't be shy!
    Last edited by Khelendross; 08-22-2013 at 05:02 PM.
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

Rift Disciple

do we have pictures and descriptions of the various rewards yet? the mount? the capes? the mount? the torch? the mount?

heheehe, can you tell I want the mount? How rare will it be?

4.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #94

Just to give you guys an update: I've been trying various methods of improving zone event frequency with server-side overrides, but they do not appear to be having a significant impact. The next build will resolve this issue, but I'd prefer to improve the situation before then. I'll keep you posted.

Regarding the loot issues, as long as you have gained sufficient contribution during the zone event (closed some rifts, defeated invasions, and/or killed the boss) and are mentored close to the level of the event (the zone quest sticky should be green or higher) at the event's completion, you should get the appropriate loot. There was one known event (Exuvia) that was not giving the correct loot, and it has been disabled in Scarwood. If you are still having problems, let me know.

As for our expectations for this Mayhem event and events like it, we don't intend there to be 100% zone event uptime. It is natural that there be time in between zone events for you to do other activities. Right now that time period is too long (working on it), but the end goal here is that you guys have some extra zone events to include in your zone event rotation, not that these zone events become the best and only way to farm currency.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by MikeD View Post
    Just to give you guys an update: I've been trying various methods of improving zone event frequency with server-side overrides, but they do not appear to be having a significant impact. The next build will resolve this issue, but I'd prefer to improve the situation before then. I'll keep you posted.

Regarding the loot issues, as long as you have gained sufficient contribution during the zone event (closed some rifts, defeated invasions, and/or killed the boss) and are mentored close to the level of the event (the zone quest sticky should be green or higher) at the event's completion, you should get the appropriate loot. There was one known event (Exuvia) that was not giving the correct loot, and it has been disabled in Scarwood. If you are still having problems, let me know.

As for our expectations for this Mayhem event and events like it, we don't intend there to be 100% zone event uptime. It is natural that there be time in between zone events for you to do other activities. Right now that time period is too long (working on it), but the end goal here is that you guys have some extra zone events to include in your zone event rotation, not that these zone events become the best and only way to farm currency.

By loot do you mean level 25 to 40 stuff as well as inifinty stones or do you mean the Barrels because I am having a drop rate of less then 20% of the time for those. The up time is spotty at best. I am using the mobile app to track all of the shards on the same cluster as Seastone and there are times when there is 5 or more events going on then we could have 20 min plus with not a single 1. this is as of 7:30 pm server time.

6.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #96

Quote Originally Posted by shawshanked13 View Post
    By loot do you mean level 25 to 40 stuff as well as inifinty stones or do you mean the Barrels because I am having a drop rate of less then 20% of the time for those.
    You should get the barrels whether you are mentored or not. If you also want currency appropriate to your level, you'll need to mentor down. When you fail to get barrel drops, do you at least get currency?

Soulwalker

You should get the barrels whether you are mentored or not. If you also want currency appropriate to your level, you'll need to mentor down. When you fail to get barrel drops, do you at least get currency?

Yes. I have had a streak of 6+ events without getting barrels then get them for 3 in a row. I am now back on a no go streak.

I always get currency, but I do not always get the barrels. Should we be getting them each event or is it supposed to be very rare?

Hi MikeD,

I've done two of the Mayhem in Mathosia events mentored down to an appropriate level from 60 for the full duration of the event, and failed to get any Infinity Stones (or even Empyrean Stones) or barrels both times.

Also, all of the colossi in Scarwood Reach have ridicluous amounts of HP. On Wolfsbane, colossi usually have between 8.6mil and 8.8mil... these fights take forever and are not fun in the least. Conversely, Moonshade Highlands colossi seem to be around 2.2mil, which is way more appropriate. Not sure if you're the guy who can fix this, but maybe you can pass it along to someone who can?
    Last edited by Kriptini; 08-22-2013 at 09:01 PM.

Shadowlander

enjoying most of the event but i dislike when having to defend the wardstones and having 20+ waves of elite monsters rushing the wardstones and then they hit so hard too.

Thanks to the devs for looking into this. Things seem to have picked up a bit on Faeblight; I'm hoping it means the changes have taken effect, rather than a fleeting blessing from the RNG. Either way, it was nice to get in several events tonight.

I also noticed that many of the invasion mobs are now elites. Again, if this is the result of an intentional change and not just good fortune, thumbs up for that decision. So many people are swarming the events, the mobs should be toughened up so they're not obliterated by an errant sneeze.

Now I need only pray to whichever god of the Vigil would be responsible for blessing an enterprising dwarf with a fancy blue dragon-horse.
    Last edited by Champion; 08-22-2013 at 09:25 PM.
    http://www.faeblightunited.com - A Community Site for Roleplayers on the Faeblight Shard

Quote Originally Posted by xanduin246 View Post
    You know what would be cool? 2 zone events at once. Eh? Eh? Like a 3 way battle.

EDIT: MAYHEM!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fragasm View Post
    It'd probably break the server
    Quote Originally Posted by Redcruxs View Post
    anyone else miss the days back at launch when RIFT would fill to the brim with invasions, rifts, and big mini-bosses?

most epic feeling ever... got nerfed to hell

bring back some MAYHEM

or change the event name to "Slight Disorder in Mathosia" or "Brief Commotion in Mathosia"
    Like how the week of prelaunch ran when the game was in "stress test" mode, total and complete utter CHAOS!!!

Oohhh YEAH!!!

Pull out all the plugs Trion!

/drool!
    Last edited by Stahker; 08-22-2013 at 09:51 PM.
    It's better to be judged by twelve,
    than be carried by six...
    "X" thinks, I AM that "X".
    I THINK. Therefore, I Am.

I respect peoples rights to their opinions, not posting this to flame anyone in particular, but the constant QQ about mobs hitting too hard, too hard to kill, etcetera, is ridiculous. This game is but a pale shadow of what it used to be. World Events are SUPPOSED to be a challenge, and if you don't know how to play your spec, or aren't geared properly to participate, then stay out of the event. Don't come whine on the forums about the game being too tough, because it's not. Not by a longshot.

Leave the nerfbat at home, devs, please. Don't wreck the game for those of us who remember how it used to be, and long for it's return.

Ghostwheel@Vigil

Okay, the "Hammer and Flame" event that just ended on Faeblight didn't reward bonus currency or barrels (still pretty sure those old Maelforge/Laethys ones are bugged across the board), but the way that one went down -- swarms of invasions, bosses with tons of health, wardstones actually falling, people fighting hard to win -- that's what I want to see. I didn't even care that it didn't give the rewards, since it was sufficiently chaotic.

More like that one, please. (Only y'know, with the rewards.)
    http://www.faeblightunited.com - A Community Site for Roleplayers on the Faeblight Shard

Shadowlander

im geared and know my specs. im just not use to being slapped by mobs this hard. i am use to the small burst of damage from the dungeons and or other games. right now killing a 10 million hp boss. pretty amusing as i have not see health this high in a while. still enjoying the challenge of it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast