+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Returning to the game

Default Returning to the game

So I started playing Rift at launch and played for a few months before putting it down, I'm looking into returning atm, but I've found all my toons servers are now trial servers? Do I just leave?

I was also wondering what the limitations of F2P are vs subscription?

Thanks for any assistance guys!

Just transfer off those shards - you'll be okay.

The only things that a Patron gets over a Free to Player are the patron vials - 40% vials increasing Xp, token drops, Notoriety, Favor, and Prestige. They recharge daily with 7 charges. Lasts 2 hours.

You also get ahead in server queues to log in - which isn't a problem anymore but it used to be.
    The only way that someone from Cluster 2 is actually as bad as you all say is if they started playing this game in 2.3 (Free to Play launch).

Proud officer and Mage class lead of <Zombies>

When you log in you'll be asked to transfer the chars you want to play to a different shard.
    Only downside is that if the char names are already taken then you will have to re-name your chars (for free but still not what you want to hear)

F2P basically has the usual limitations, lower storage, slower XP gain, have to buy stuff from Rift shop before you can use the Auction house ect.
    Patron gives you a 20% XP boost plus daily Ability boost vials of %40, more bags, instant access to the AH ect.

Its usefull to be a Patron but by no means do you have to be one.
    Id say come back and try it free then sub up when you decide you love it again ;)

Thanks for the info, whats a decent pop English speaking server? I'm currently considering Blightweald but I'm not sure.

Blightweald, Zaviel, Gelidra.

You can transfer for free once per week and you can visit other shards at your will and do activities (zone events, world bosses etc) without limitations.

I'm in the UK too but I play NA shards. No real difference in speeds or lag on either side of the pond.
    Their is abit of uncertainty about Euro shards at the moment. Rumors and such, so you may be safer starting on an NA shard since you cannot transfer from Euro to NA afterwards.
    You can transfer your char once a week to any other shard in your server cluster thou so its not a big deal if you decide you don't like the shard your on and want to move.

I play NA servers in SWTOR but the issue is finding raids that aren't in the middle of the night:P

8.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #8
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Sindala View Post
    Their is abit of uncertainty about Euro shards at the moment. Rumors and such, so you may be safer starting on an NA shard since you cannot transfer from Euro to NA afterwards.
    To kill any rumors, we always plan to have EU shards. They will not be disappearing.

We are evaluating what it takes to make the shards more international i.e. multiple languages properly supported on a shard. Some server shuffling might happen if we can get that in the future. But we feel very strongly that we must have shards in EU to provide the best experience to our users.

Bill "Daglar" Fisher
    Game Director

Quote Originally Posted by Lazerah View Post
    I play NA servers in SWTOR but the issue is finding raids that aren't in the middle of the night:P
    Yeah, I take your point on that one. I play wierd hours so I don't have that problem but to others it could be.

Default EU shards...

good to hear that EU shards will be supported. it would be nice if there was an option however for EU players to be able to take their toons across to US shards (and vice versa) as am not sure this is currently supported by the shard transfer option? - would allow for some nice cross fertilisation of ideas and making the existing communities on both sides of Atlantic be able to form a "super-community". It would be nice if events could be organised where open-invitation style tournaments take place, e.g. special conquest events? or special warfronts?

just putting some random thoughts out there for folk to have a natter about.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    To kill any rumors, we always plan to have EU shards. They will not be disappearing.

We are evaluating what it takes to make the shards more international i.e. multiple languages properly supported on a shard. Some server shuffling might happen if we can get that in the future. But we feel very strongly that we must have shards in EU to provide the best experience to our users.

Bill "Daglar" Fisher
    Game Director
    Thanks for clearing that up!

Bill "Daglar" Fisher
    Game Director
    You must really hate me right now. Almost stalking me, but atleast we get to put the rumours to bed though.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by AtoningUnifex View Post
    good to hear that EU shards will be supported. it would be nice if there was an option however for EU players to be able to take their toons across to US shards (and vice versa) as am not sure this is currently supported by the shard transfer option? - would allow for some nice cross fertilisation of ideas and making the existing communities on both sides of Atlantic be able to form a "super-community". It would be nice if events could be organised where open-invitation style tournaments take place, e.g. special conquest events? or special warfronts?

just putting some random thoughts out there for folk to have a natter about.
    As far as i now you cannot transfer toon from one zone to the other but you can create toon on whichever zone you want.

Telaran

We are evaluating what it takes to make the shards more international i.e. multiple languages properly supported on a shard.
    Good luck with that. I hope the best.

The EU shards are in part already "international" when it comes to random experts/dungeons, because german and french players are automatically put together in experts/dungeons.

That can result in some communication problems between the players that can make the gameplay unpleasant, sometimes you have to split/leave the team.

most of the german players don't understand french.
    most of the french players don't understand german.
    some of the french/german players don't understand english
    extremely few german/french players can read/write in english fast and fluently.

So, whatever your plans for internationalization for the EU shards are, please do not mix the european languages together.

maybe you could make a new user setting "spoken language(s)" and then users where put together according to their choosen languages.

greetings.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Sindala View Post
    You must really hate me right now. Almost stalking me, but atleast you get to put the rumours to bed though.
    fixed that for ya

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast