+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Irony? Or what is happening here?

Default Irony? Or what is happening here?

First this:

Please not dahanese's response "if anything you are going to see these forums become less strict."

I then went to the thread, saw dahanese's post, didn't think to make a screenshot at the time, and then saw this ironic ending:

I then closed that browser tab, and came back to it later, only to find dahanese's post is gone from the thread, but still in the dev tracker.

Any ideas what is happening here and why dahanese's response was removed?
    Mal shot first.

My best guess is that they didn't want people to keep going there because it had a Trion response. They wanted to keep it concentrated in that other thread.

Almost every Elizabeth said there she has said in other posts, so I don't think they're trying to hide anything.

Ascendant

There was a thing here, it is here no longer.
    Last edited by Tyrannos; 08-20-2013 at 11:51 AM.

4.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #4
    Director of Global Communications dahanese's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vico View Post
    First this:

Please not dahanese's response "if anything you are going to see these forums become less strict."

I then went to the thread, saw dahanese's post, didn't think to make a screenshot at the time, and then saw this ironic ending:

I then closed that browser tab, and came back to it later, only to find dahanese's post is gone from the thread, but still in the dev tracker.

Any ideas what is happening here and why dahanese's response was removed?
    Irony (well, kinda irony but enough we'll use the word and I won't go into semantics.)

As I said: forum moderation is going to get looser, but that's a process that takes time and reworking of rules.

In that particular case I entirely posted in a closed thread, realized it, felt like a weirdo, deleted it, and moved on with things behind the scenes.

Also I'm leaving this open but let's not talk about moderation since that's always going to be a no-no publicly. You can laugh at me for not noticing I was posting in a closed thread, though!

EDIT: Opening this one up again.
    Last edited by dahanese; 08-20-2013 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dahanese View Post
    Also I'm leaving this open ...

EDIT: Opening this one up again.
    Did it happen again? lol

6.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #6

Quote Originally Posted by xanduin246 View Post
    Did it happen again? lol
    We are joking in our mod chat right now about this. :P

Mei

The rule against discussing moderation is pretty awful.

http://forums.doyouevenrift.com/view...p=11292#p11292

You'll probably ban me too for this.
    Fluent

In that particular case I entirely posted in a closed thread, realized it, felt like a weirdo, deleted it, and moved on with things behind the scenes.
    Well now that's just plain funny.

I think we may still be a little on edge after last week, and, no joke, I had a fleeting thought that you had been canned and someone moved in to clean all traces of you. (Been watching a little too much Breaking Bad lately lol).

Glad to see that's not the case!
    Mal shot first.

Does this mean I can post videos of my strip tease? Maple syrup and pasties really bring out the hair on my chest.

/cheer
    Currently playing Beermaid lvl 65 War

Quote Originally Posted by Fujitasix View Post
    Does this mean I can post videos of my strip tease? Maple syrup and pasties really bring out the hair on my chest.

/cheer
    Only if it's streaming 1080p for that live and life like feel.
    Leondria 60 P6x Mage

Rift Chaser

The only thing i can say to this is that i think Tyrannos nick is appropiate. Oh also, why can i not report obvious false standard-posts by mods? I mean, i know why standard-macro-posts exist, but they shouldn't be used if they don't fit the thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by AJ911 View Post
    I'm sorry what am I supposed to be looking at? I'm too distracted by that hot dwarf in a bathing suit

12.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #12

Quote Originally Posted by Mei View Post
    The rule against discussing moderation is pretty awful.

http://forums.doyouevenrift.com/view...p=11292#p11292

You'll probably ban me too for this.
    I'm bending the rules to discuss this, but I really, really like the moderation rule. Moderation isn't up for debate. If someone has a problem, hit up me, Morgana, or OverloadUT - but moderation being a group sport only ends in disaster.

13.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #13

Quote Originally Posted by Vico View Post
    Well now that's just plain funny.

I think we may still be a little on edge after last week, and, no joke, I had a fleeting thought that you had been canned and someone moved in to clean all traces of you. (Been watching a little too much Breaking Bad lately lol).

Glad to see that's not the case!
    Not the case at all!

I honestly, the rules are looser BECAUSE of last week. I have a bit of a different mindset in forum moderation in general, and we'll get there eventually, but I totally understand the raw nerves and desire for answers - so for at least a time, we're going easier on that kind of stuff.

I'm bending the rules to discuss this, but I really, really like the moderation rule. Moderation isn't up for debate. If someone has a problem, hit up me, Morgana, or OverloadUT - but moderation being a group sport only ends in disaster.
    Be careful. Give 'em an inch, watch out for that mile.

You really shouldn't be putting up with a lot of the stuff, varying from juvenile nonsense to borderline sociopathic rancor, that seems to be bubbling up lately. I know you think patience and understanding during a turbulent time is sometimes required. It may be, but I hope you guys decide internally on a limit, both and end-date and virulence threshold until the end-date.

Most of these folks getting bent out of shape on the forums are likely a handful of lost causes, sucking up most of your forum time while the overwhelming 99+% majority of normal players are looking forward to the CM team's next insightful communication.

Some people will never be happy, especially on the internet where they can be anonymous.
    Last edited by Tyrannos; 08-20-2013 at 01:01 PM.
    Faeblight (US PVE-RP)
    Lifemender - Cleric (65) & Oxenheart - Warrior (65) ... & friends
    Look for any toons in the Cosmic Rhinocerii "guild". They're all me!
    Don't hesitate to say "hi!" if you see me. Always looking for new Rifters to help. If you need, just ask!

Rift Chaser

I enjoy merciless moderation, I continue posting within the rules as I please and I watch people who post what they think isn't against the rules and they get bans/locked topics and start asking "wHYAMIBANNED/LOCKedididnuthinwrong"

I'd like to quote Nicold here but I don't have his quote available so just assume.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast