Closed Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Scyd
  • 1 Post By Techie Will

Thread: Instant Adventures

Shadowlander

Default Instant Adventures

Just a few days ago, if I wanted to queue for a lower level IA, I could adjust my mentor level and then open the IA box and join - regardless of where I was in the world. When I was ready to move on, I could leave the group and be ported back to where i started.

It seems that functionality has been removed. When I was in Tempest Bay and wanted to queue for Silverwood, I couldn't. I tried multiple times, even after sever relog attempts.

A ticket submitted to the GM (and five days later - remember, customer service speed sucks after F2P), I get the response that you HAVE to be in the zone for whichever IA you are wanting to queue. So, if I want to queue for Moonshade, then I have to be in Moonshade, etc.

One word for that: STUPID! There was nothing wrong with our queueing ability before. Why is Trion wasting time on such changes when it wasn't even broken? We could mentor, queue for IA, port there, complete, leave, and port back WITH NO PROBLEM. Now, they remove all of that and impose a ridiculous restriction! That's like saying, "Oh, you want to queue for Runic Descent? Well, you have to go to that dungeon first. You can't queue for Realm of the Fae if you're in Shimmersand." No difference in that logic!

Perhaps I wouldn't be so annoyed if mentoring/queueing were new and they had not figured out all of the kinks. But it worked - and had worked flawlessly for a long time. I saw no reason to change its functionality or impose such a new asinine restriction on the player (i.e. go to the zone, THEN queue!) Again, why waste your time on that, Trion, when there were other things that are "broken" that need fixing of a much higher priority. One step forward, five steps back!

They didn't change anything with this. You've only ever been able to mentor down and queue for a different zone that's within the same world map as you. Tempest Bay is in the Storm Legion map, whereas Silverwood is in the Mathosia map.

Just port to anywhere in Mathosia and it'll let you queue for Silverwood while mentored to 14 without issue. You'll never be able to queue for Moonshade, however, given that they never implemented IAs for that zone.
    (V)    (V)
    ミ(◕‿◕。)彡

Plane Walker

Funny how OP got so angry when nothing's changed lol

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Scyd View Post
    Funny how OP got so angry when nothing's changed lol
    Funny how the GM was so stupid that he tells me I have to be in Silverwood to queue for Silverwood, Gloamwood to queue for Gloamwood, Freemarch to queue for Freemarch, etc. when that was never the case in the past. We got some real winners on our customer service team! Great customer service there. And after five days too. Two thumbs up! <sarcasm intended>

I would apologize for my rant if the issue is queuing from a different map. However, upon further investigation, the location of my toon on Mathosia, Brevane, or Dusken doesn't seem to be an issue. I've moved my character to Sanctum, mentored down to level 14, and tried to queue. {And before you point out that I'm in Sanctum, I have ALWAYS been able to queue from Sanctum.} Is there is a Silverwood or Freemarch option? Nope. Just a Random Adventure x 14 option, which clears my mentored level and puts me in queue for a SL IA. So, either something HAS changed, or something isn't working with my UI. If the latter, then so much for getting help since customer service doesn't know what the heck is going on.

Regardless, whether I queue from Brevane, Dusken, or Mathosia - it really shouldn't matter. Is Trion really that limited that you have to be on a certain map to queue for an IA? I was in City Core and mentored/queued for a lvl 37 dungeon (and got in) with no problem. Seems to me the same functionality should be implemented on IA's as well. To force the restriction upon players of "You have to go to Mathosia - then queue for Silverwood" is a bit ridiculous.

As for the above poster's ...eh hem .... "correction" about my Moonshade example - I was using that zone as a hypothetical example. Hopefully, you were smart enough to figure that out. Oh wait, guess not. Feel free to substitute "Stillmoor" for "Moonshade" if that bothered you so much.

As for the poster's comment that I quoted - Did that really contribute anything of worth to the thread?
    Last edited by Crim80; 08-18-2013 at 12:28 PM.

Did you really just see that you were wrong and shifted to using the hypothetical excuse?

Sonoko is right, it has been this way since they released Instant Adventure.

Edit.
    /10 char
    Last edited by PaulieGatto; 08-18-2013 at 12:45 PM.

Daileth@Greybriar
    Forgiver@Zaviel

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Techie Will View Post
    Did you really just see that you were wrong and shifted to using the hypothetical excuse?
    Oh, I've been caught and I got schooled. Boo hoo.
    Another one too dim to actually understand the TRUE nature of the complaint.

Of course, THAT response contributed nothing to the thread either. Like I said, I tried queueing from different maps and different zones now that the supposed "nothing's changed" explanation got offered. As it has no effect, I place no value on it.

But in the end, you're correct. I was wrong. Silverwood doesn't have IA's - so I don't even know why I even bothered mentioning that zone (hypothetically) multiple times. Neither does Freemarch, so I don't know why I mentioned it (hypothetically) either.....or Gloamwood....or Stillmoor. So, yeah, thanks for pointing out my sudden shift in position, and thanks for contributing something of value.

Quote Originally Posted by Crim80 View Post
    Oh, I've been caught and I got schooled. Boo hoo.
    Another one too dim to actually understand the TRUE nature of the complaint.

Of course, THAT response contributed nothing to the thread either. Like I said, I tried queueing from different maps and different zones now that the supposed "nothing's changed" explanation got offered. As it has no effect, I place no value on it.

But in the end, you're correct. I was wrong. Silverwood doesn't have IA's - so I don't even know why I even bothered mentioning that zone (hypothetically) multiple times. Neither does Freemarch, so I don't know why I mentioned it (hypothetically) either.....or Gloamwood....or Stillmoor. So, yeah, thanks for pointing out my sudden shift in position, and thanks for contributing something of value.
    Silverwood has IA's. You simply need to be in Mathosia to queue up for it (while you are mentored to the correct level).

I do not get why you're implying hostility in every post you make over a very simple and almost non-existent problem. We've given you a way to get what you want (getting into the IAs of Silverwood), what else do you want from us?

I've queued for Silverwood IAs from Gloamwood, Freemarch and Stillmoor, this week (mainly just to port there to do Scavenger hunt stuff). You sometimes have to wait a while after mentoring to level 14 before Silverwood and Freemarch show up in the IA window.

Closed Thread