+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree66Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Spam.

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #61
    Director of Global Communications dahanese's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Charlice View Post
    Seriously? Is there nothing you can do about the spam in forums?

Isn't it bad enough we have to put up with gold sellers in game? Do you think you could perhaps get a better spam filter?
    One of the things we're working on in the coming weeks is an overall improved forum performance. The solutions I'm looking at include much better mobile options for the forums as well as a better way to handle spam. So: yes, that's a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by dahanese View Post
    One of the things we're working on in the coming weeks is an overall improved forum performance. The solutions I'm looking at include much better mobile options for the forums as well as a better way to handle spam. So: yes, that's a good idea.
    Maybe limit the posts of new users?
    The only way that someone from Cluster 2 is actually as bad as you all say is if they started playing this game in 2.3 (Free to Play launch).

Proud officer and Mage class lead of <Zombies>

3.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #63

Quote Originally Posted by Fragasm View Post
    Maybe limit the posts of new users?
    That's a great one, actually.

After all these years, the back end of our forums are a bit clunky. They need some redoing. It's in the works, but it takes a bit of time to get all those balls rolling.

After all these years, the back end of our forums are a bit clunky. They need some redoing. It's in the works, but it takes a bit of time to get all those balls rolling.
    I'm just glad to hear that things are getting done. It was bad yesterday with the soccer game spam. It was just post after post after post, and it was early so no mods were on.
    The only way that someone from Cluster 2 is actually as bad as you all say is if they started playing this game in 2.3 (Free to Play launch).

Might as well make money at it? Sell the privilege to post from an account, under some sort of exclusions like maybe established accounts? That way CC's could get banned from buying forum posting access! I'm fulluh ideas and other stuff too, FWIW.
    Specter
    R87 Mage - Wolfsbane, Guardian

Forums here are using 4.1.3 ... yet vBulletin is currently on 5.0.4. Upgrade and hey look. This is, of course, assuming you wouldn't need to recode the bridge for Trion account <=> vBulletin.

Also: vb4 mobile.

There's the ball rolling.
    Last edited by Riane; 08-19-2013 at 02:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taptap View Post
    Might as well make money at it? Sell the privilege to post from an account, under some sort of exclusions like maybe established accounts? That way CC's could get banned from buying forum posting access! I'm fulluh ideas and other stuff too, FWIW.
    But those who already have access to the forums get grandfathered in. I'm not paying to argue with people on the internet

But those who already have access to the forums get grandfathered in. I'm not paying to argue with people on the internet
    I agree. I should have used a term related to grandfathering instead of exclusions, it's what I really meant. Think of the income potential if people have to buy new posting access if they continually break forum rules! It ought to amount to millions in income!
    Specter
    R87 Mage - Wolfsbane, Guardian

I agree. I should have used a term related to grandfathering instead of exclusions, it's what I really meant. Think of the income potential if people have to buy new posting access if they continually break forum rules! It ought to amount to millions in income!
    And the best part about it, they couldn't come crying to forums to complain about it!

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

Sword of Telara

Well, whilst you're retooling the back end, perhaps you could enhance the search capabilities to allow full Boolean text searching in the basic search.

Search for:

dahanese "good job" -elrar

or

dahanese "good job" !elrar

or

dahanese AND "good job" NOT elrar

And you'll get the same number of hits as it pushes it through as an OR search. All of them brought up, as the 6th hit, the thread What happened to Elrar??????. This is annoying, especially how voluminous the forums and archives are now.
    Fahrenheit and Celsius temperature scales have probably not been rationalized due to puritanical reasons. If the freezing point in both scales was 0, then body temperature would be 66.6F. If it was 32 degrees, body temperature would be 69C.

Silly reason, no matter how you think of it.

Every time you receive an infraction on the forums you'd have to pay $1 before being able to post again. Trion would become quite rich from that.

12.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #72

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    Forums here are using 4.1.3 ... yet vBulletin is currently on 5.0.4. Upgrade and hey look. This is, of course, assuming you wouldn't need to recode the bridge for Trion account <=> vBulletin.

Also: vb4 mobile.

There's the ball rolling.
    Way ahead of you in that regard. By "ball rolling" I mean more along the lines of dev and graphical time. I've actually been working on forum improvements for about... two and a half months now?

We don't usually talk about those changes before they are far along in the process - and our VB is quite customized, so updating is a bit more difficult than that.

Way ahead of you in that regard. By "ball rolling" I mean more along the lines of dev and graphical time. I've actually been working on forum improvements for about... two and a half months now?

We don't usually talk about those changes before they are far along in the process - and our VB is quite customized, so updating is a bit more difficult than that.
    Is there any chance of an ETA on the changes?

Chop chop Elizabeth!

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

15.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #75

Is there any chance of an ETA on the changes?
    I don't have a work flow from ops and web dev yet, but I'm going to spitball at 45-60 days. I'm hoping sooner.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast