+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: What happend to the performance fixes that was in the works ?

Shadowlander

We need engine improvements... not more options to make this game look even wors that it is ...

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Pithos View Post
    Here's a quick video demoing *one* of the new options that's going to be available - Pixel Granularity

http://youtu.be/_WBuUIlp8MM

This option reduces the resolution of the game world (but not the UI) in order to increase the frame rate of the game.

At the lowest setting (50) you're basically rendering 25% of the world you normally render, resulting in a significant speed increase on some computers.
    so the ingame description would be something like:
    Choose the amount of Minecraft you would like to have in Rift.

i'm not a big fan of making the world look ugly in order to get some decent fps.
    Last edited by Mirila; 08-17-2013 at 05:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirila View Post
    so the ingame description would be something like:
    Choose the amount of Minecraft you would like to have in Rift.

i'm not a big fan of making the world look ugly in order to get some decent fps.
    It honestly doesn't look that bad, gosh Pithos is trying to make your computer run better and you're complaining about a little pixelation?
    The only way that someone from Cluster 2 is actually as bad as you all say is if they started playing this game in 2.3 (Free to Play launch).

Proud officer and Mage class lead of <Zombies>

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    2.4 is in September.

Unless a giant T-Rex appears, destroys the servers, and walks off with the hard drives between its teeth.

~Daglar
    Good grief Daglar, Dino-damage is why people back things up off-site. ffs...noobs.
    I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant

Quote Originally Posted by Landru View Post
    Good grief Daglar, Dino-damage is why people back things up off-site. ffs...noobs.
    Oh no - they're in San Fransico! Daglar, get out of there! That's where the Kajiu's attack!
    The only way that someone from Cluster 2 is actually as bad as you all say is if they started playing this game in 2.3 (Free to Play launch).

"You haven't beaten me. You have sacrificed sure footing for a killing stroke." - Henri Ducard, Batman Begins

Do you think a company that cannot afford to keep a CM on the payroll will pay a bunch of higher paid engineers to optimize the game for multi-core support? I think not. I removed my Credit Card info from my account page. Talk is cheap. Closing your wallets will speak much louder. I'm sure they can track how many accounts have a valid/current payment method. Don't only voice your displeasure on the forums. Send a message via your Account Management page.
    Last edited by Jacknife69; 08-17-2013 at 06:04 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    2.4 is in September.

Unless a giant T-Rex appears, destroys the servers, and walks off with the hard drives between its teeth.

~Daglar
    Foreshadowing.

So the performance "fix" is giving us an option to make the game look even worse? What on earth

The game already looks aged when running on ultra, which is only possible on my i7 580gtx when I quest. Forget about doing it in a raid, or the horror, a world event
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
    Promising preview! The less Rift conforms with the preferences of someone who still plays VG, the better for the vast majority of potential customers out there.
    Winzhi Defiant Mage

Quote Originally Posted by cYan View Post
    So the performance "fix" is giving us an option to make the game look even worse? What on earth

The game already looks aged when running on ultra, which is only possible on my i7 580gtx when I quest. Forget about doing it in a raid, or the horror, a world event
    It's going to look aged, the game came out 2 and a half years ago and has been in production for much longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Fragasm View Post
    It's going to look aged, the game came out 2 and a half years ago and has been in production for much longer.
    Of course it will, did you even read what I wrote? They want us to make the game look even worse instead of optimizing the game
    Promising preview! The less Rift conforms with the preferences of someone who still plays VG, the better for the vast majority of potential customers out there.
    Winzhi Defiant Mage

Of course it will, did you even read what I wrote? They want us to make the game look even worse instead of optimizing the game
    Oh well yeah with that, they want to optimize THE LAG not the GRAPHICS. More people are complaining about lag and low FPS than there are people crying about bad graphics.

I give up, you obviously don't know what I'm trying to say. Ill go do my 3fps world event now

And yet;

We need engine improvements... not more options to make this game look even worse than it is ...
    Last edited by cYan; 08-17-2013 at 06:46 AM.
    Winzhi Defiant Mage

I give up, you obviously don't know what I'm trying to say. Ill go do my 3fps world event now

And yet;

We need engine improvements... not more options to make this game look even worse than it is ...
    Turn players off for world events, it'll put my FPS up to close to normal for the Dendrome bosses and zone bosses.

If I understand right from thread upon thread upon thread on engine improvements, its a major task, not something that Trion is capable of right now.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Pithos View Post
    Still on the way for 2.4. There's some big changes to the client, so we won't be pushing these in a hotfix - they'll be part of a major release.
    How are you preparing for the "Rift still runs crappy on my Gateway computer from 1999" posts?

Quote Originally Posted by Balferest View Post
    How are you preparing for the "Rift still runs crappy on my Gateway computer from 1999" posts?
    It runs great on my 2006 Hp Pavillion!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast