+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree90Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: State of the Game Address

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #16
    Director of Global Communications dahanese's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jaserion View Post
    i think that you guys at RIFT/TRION owes your loyalest fans a state of the game address. way too much changes to take in mere days. please keep us informed quickly before a few, if not many, will jump ship. (no, this is not a threat. just that people like myself do not want to invest more time and money on a game that may fold just as fast as some of the disappearing acts as of late.)

thanks.
    I think you make a lot of sense with this post. Let me see what I can do.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    Tone.

Which is a pretty big thing, in my book.
    Respectfully, they don't owe you anything sir.

You already quit and since you're not a customer but still posting here, why do you care what Trion's 'tone' is and why do you think they need to listen to you?

quickly jump ship? how can you be one of the most loyal, but the fastest to jump ship because of a small shake up?

Quote Originally Posted by badradical View Post
    quickly jump ship? how can you be one of the most loyal, but the fastest to jump ship because of a small shake up?
    The ultimate irony of game forums!

Quote Originally Posted by badradical View Post
    The changes since December have been anything but small.
    what is this I don't even

Quote Originally Posted by Pines View Post
    The changes since December have been anything but small.
    what were those? i don't remember.

For those that have loved Elrar as the Community Manager I feel for you. My favorite Community Manager was Amary. I don't even know if most of you people know, or remember her.

Quote Originally Posted by Githil View Post
    For those that have loved Elrar as the Community Manager I feel for you. My favorite Community Manager was Amary. I don't even know if most of you people know, or remember her.
    I think most of us do. She was pretty active on the forums, was on a few livestreams, and went to some of the gaming events with Trion. Mainly in the form of giving us patch notes every week, or multiple times a week.

Just like I think most of us (who were around at the time) remember Wals too. Speaking of which, Elizabeth, if you're out there I has more ideas for community events. I impatiently await that suggestion thread.
    Last edited by xanduin246; 08-16-2013 at 08:28 PM.

These things are hard, harder than some "it's just a game, who cares who represents Trion in the forums?" people think...at least for those to whom the community is part of the game experience.
    Last edited by Landru; 08-16-2013 at 08:39 PM.
    I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Landru View Post
    These things are hard, harder than some "it's just a game, who cares who represents Trion in the forums?" people think...at least for those to whom the community is part of the game experience.
    I hear you. Elrar was the face of RIFT for me so it's a big hole to fill, hopefully when we know you better Dahanese, we would feel the same for you. At the moment, we don't have the time to swallow before changes happen.I can understand that some information are to be kept within the company but there's a big difference between learning everything after it happens and be proactive and letting us know at least where the boat is going and be specific on those things who are not too sensitive. For those who are saying it's just a face and people always come and go in the gaming industry, i would say i find it pretty heartless and in the past some people leaving a company had made a definitive impact on that company future. I just hope that's not the case for RIFT.

11.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #26

Quote Originally Posted by xanduin246 View Post
    I think most of us do. She was pretty active on the forums, was on a few livestreams, and went to some of the gaming events with Trion. Mainly in the form of giving us patch notes every week, or multiple times a week.

Just like I think most of us (who were around at the time) remember Wals too. Speaking of which, Elizabeth, if you're out there I has more ideas for community events. I impatiently await that suggestion thread.
    I'm here. Give me until Monday or Tuesday, okay? I'm around on weekends but I let myself slow down. Also my birthday is Sunday, so there's that. :P

RIFT Guide Writer RoughRaptorsOld's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dahanese View Post
    Also my birthday is Sunday, so there's that. :P
    HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY! We should do something special imo...but I dunno what.

Edit: Why are you still awake...lol
    Last edited by RoughRaptorsOld; 08-16-2013 at 10:15 PM.

13.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #28

Quote Originally Posted by RoughRaptors View Post

It's only 11:30 PM!

Oh, I do remember Amary. I remember the way she handled the brand new Rift community, her responsiveness, her ability to communicate to the devs and the results that ensued that caused me to both buy Rift and then sub for a year and a half. Soon after launch she was promoted. People inquired and she appeared on the forums, only once that I know of, promising to post more often and say hello to us. But I donít think that ever happened. And the first chills slowly came over me. I hope sheís OK.

It seems silly to the logical part of my mind that I should care. All games, and in fact any business, have but one intent and that is to get as much money as possible. Games offer nothing but pixels and a way to spend leisure time, and they offer a faceless community of ďfriendsĒ who donít know much of anything at all about each other but they do share fun with common goals. For me, itís that sharing of common goals that defies logic and causes me to care. It is indeed an investment.

Itís not just Elrar that I wish the best for in the coming future. It is also all the others who helped provide the environment that gave birth to a Rift community with goals to share. The ones who are now gone, and the ones who are still with Trion for as long as fate allows. I hope fate smiles on all of you.

But fate can be a cold wind felt most keenly by those who care. Empathy can not forget.

Quote Originally Posted by RoughRaptors View Post

In the Elrar thread she said she was almost a dinosaur... we could host a "Welcome to Becoming a Dinosaur" ritual party. I'll bring the T-Rex hats!
    Rootyy@Greybriar <Too Many Buttons>
    12/13 T1 || 2/4 GA
    Reality is for people who don't play video games.
    Rootyy == Moirain == Euphemia == Saiyu

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast