Closed Thread
Page 1 of 33 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree993Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: What happened to Elrar??????

Champion

Default What happened to Elrar??????

was just checking the dev tracker, did I just read Dahanese's post right, that Elrar is no longer with the company?

If so, I am heartbroken, saddened beyond belief, and ready to just give up.
    I for one welcome my new F2P Overlords

Quote Originally Posted by Rythandil View Post
    was just checking the dev tracker, did I just read Dahanese's post right, that Elrar is no longer with the company?

I've actually never been this sad about something with a video game ever. Elrar was the man. If restructuring involved him getting pushed aside...man.

Fire someone else. Anyone else and bring him back.
    Xenohart
    http://www.fractureguild.enjin.com/ | twitch.tv/xenohartgaming
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 4/5 PB | 2/4 BOB 4/4 minis
    I just make it look easy sometimes. ~Daglar

3.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #3
    Director of Global Communications dahanese's Avatar

Indeed, Elrar is no longer with us. I hope you don't give up (because that's also sad) and I hope I can answer almost any questions you have about the game, the future, and everything else.
    elizabeth "dahanese" tobey
    director of global communications
    Twitter: @dahanese | @TrionWorlds | @RIFTgame | @TroveGame | @DefianceGame | @ArcheAgeGame | @EndofNations
    Facebook: RIFT | Trove | Defiance | ArcheAge | End of Nations |Trion Worlds

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Xenoheart View Post
    I've actually never been this sad about something with a video game ever. Elrar was the man. If restructuring involved him getting pushed aside...man.

Fire someone else. Anyone else and bring him back.
    Same. He was absolutely fantastic. he got involved. He always ended up answering the hard questions and playing the middleman. He did a fantastic job.

Yesterday I would have defended Trion to the ends of the earth, and while I still love Rift, I've never been so close to railing out and raging.

I am so disappointed.

Plane Touched

):

10 of them

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by dahanese View Post
    Indeed, Elrar is no longer with us. I hope you don't give up (because that's also sad) and I hope I can answer almost any questions you have about the game, the future, and everything else.
    Dahanese, what we really need right now are answers. While the community team has always been good about communicating the essentials and answering concerns, when there are major shifts you guys are entirely way too quiet. Everyone knew something was up before the F2P transition was announced because of the dead silence. And the latest batch of changes, from Hartsman coming back to offices being shut down has largely been discovered by other individuals with zero notification coming from you guys. We have no idea what's going on, and that leads to questions. Is the future of Trion and Rift guaranteed? Are you saying everything's fine now, but tomorrow will the doors be closed unexpectedly? I know those are dramatic examples and aren't likely, but it's easy to speculate when there is NO communication going out.

We need more. Seriously.

While I can only speak for myself, I *do* sort of feel betrayed about the whole Elrar thing. he may not have been terribly important in the grand scheme of things but he was the face of optimism and positivity, and he was fun. With him gone, the heart of this community just got ripped out.

PLEASE do better. Please restore my faith in this company.

7.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #7
    Director of Global Communications dahanese's Avatar

Dahanese, what we really need right now are answers. While the community team has always been good about communicating the essentials and answering concerns, when there are major shifts you guys are entirely way too quiet. Everyone knew something was up before the F2P transition was announced because of the dead silence. And the latest batch of changes, from Hartsman coming back to offices being shut down has largely been discovered by other individuals with zero notification coming from you guys. We have no idea what's going on, and that leads to questions. Is the future of Trion and Rift guaranteed? Are you saying everything's fine now, but tomorrow will the doors be closed unexpectedly? I know those are dramatic examples and aren't likely, but it's easy to speculate when there is NO communication going out.

We need more. Seriously.

While I can only speak for myself, I *do* sort of feel betrayed about the whole Elrar thing. he may not have been terribly important in the grand scheme of things but he was the face of optimism and positivity, and he was fun. With him gone, the heart of this community just got ripped out.

PLEASE do better. Please restore my faith in this company.
    Okay, so, here's the deal: I believe in honesty. We all believe in honesty. The reason I started at Trion was because I believed in Scott Hartsman and after half an hour talking with him, he was a man I wanted to work with and someone I wanted to build something great with.

There are times that news happens faster than us - there are also times (like this past week) where news should go first (it's largely a business thing.) But we're here to talk about the closings and reorganizational pieces as much as possible. I'm not going to be able to give you the exact details, but I want to let you guys know that this is part of a plan, helmed by Scott, and one I believe in. That doesn't mean it's always easy, or fun, but it will result in something better and greater than ever before. Scott told me that and I believe in him completely, so I'm telling you, and I hope because you know him, you believe it too.

We all love RIFT - everyone on this team, Scott - everyone. It's not going anywhere or getting worse if we have anything to say about it.

I'm not going to pretend today isn't a sad day for you guys. It is. And I want to be here for you in that. And I want to not just write walls of text without specific details but in this case, I don't have everything planned out perfectly yet so I can't tell you my finalized plans for a month from now. When I have them, I'll share them. Promise.
    elizabeth "dahanese" tobey
    director of global communications
    Twitter: @dahanese | @TrionWorlds | @RIFTgame | @TroveGame | @DefianceGame | @ArcheAgeGame | @EndofNations
    Facebook: RIFT | Trove | Defiance | ArcheAge | End of Nations |Trion Worlds

So basically we can't get any answers?

I'm sorry to say it but you sound like a politician.
    Last edited by Moklar; 08-16-2013 at 11:14 AM.

Champion

Okay, so, here's the deal: I believe in honesty. We all believe in honesty. The reason I started at Trion was because I believed in Scott Hartsman and after half an hour talking with him, he was a man I wanted to work with and someone I wanted to build something great with.

There are times that news happens faster than us - there are also times (like this past week) where news should go first (it's largely a business thing.) But we're here to talk about the closings and reorganizational pieces as much as possible. I'm not going to be able to give you the exact details, but I want to let you guys know that this is part of a plan, helmed by Scott, and one I believe in. That doesn't mean it's always easy, or fun, but it will result in something better and greater than ever before. Scott told me that and I believe in him completely, so I'm telling you, and I hope because you know him, you believe it too.

We all love RIFT - everyone on this team, Scott - everyone. It's not going anywhere or getting worse if we have anything to say about it.

I'm not going to pretend today isn't a sad day for you guys. It is. And I want to be here for you in that. And I want to not just write walls of text without specific details but in this case, I don't have everything planned out perfectly yet so I can't tell you my finalized plans for a month from now. When I have them, I'll share them. Promise.
    I appreciate that. I know you guys can't talk about anything behind the curtain for the most part, I was just hoping we'd hear it a little more directly about these kinds of major changes instead of nested inside a post. I did a spit-take when I read that.

It's definitely not going to make things easier, and as the news spreads it's going to get worse. The sooner you can start communicating aspects of this plan, the better off we'll all be. I just don't want to see this news fester. You're going to have a lot of upset people; Elrar was really loved.

Is Scott able to make the livestream?
    The only way that someone from Cluster 2 is actually as bad as you all say is if they started playing this game in 2.3 (Free to Play launch).

Proud officer and Mage class lead of <Zombies>

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Moklar View Post
    So basically we can't get any answers?

I'm sorry to say it but you sound like a politician.
    QFT .

One direct question posed, one direct question totally ignored.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Fragasm View Post
    Is Scott able to make the livestream?
    That i think got answered in the main thread to one of my posts he will make the live stream i THINK.
    Fly me to the moon, and let me play among the stars. Let me see what spring is like on Jupiter and Mars. Fill my heart with song and let me sing forever more.

Elrar gone?

Please tell me you found him playing world of warcraft at work or something......

Even so, I love you Elrar

This news I'm sure will be very upsetting for the entire Rift community, even if it was all due to "plan" - I'm still going to scream and shout - that joker guy wasn't on to anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperion5182 View Post
    That i think got answered in the main thread to one of my posts he will make the live stream i THINK.
    I'll check, thanks.
    The only way that someone from Cluster 2 is actually as bad as you all say is if they started playing this game in 2.3 (Free to Play launch).

Proud officer and Mage class lead of <Zombies>

Champion

now I need to figure out how I'm gonna watch the livestream from work. Heh.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 33 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast