+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree993Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: What happened to Elrar??????

It's like Deja Vu (er Deja Vanguard) all over again.
    Retired from the forum community 12/19/2017

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Xenoheart View Post
    Read dahanese's posts. He didn't quit. Fired, layed off, let go, whatever you want to call it. It was part of the restructuring and Hartsman's super master plan.

He did not leave voluntarily.
    Well its the worst decision Trion ever made imo.

I was happy Hartsman was coming back, but I will take my words back.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Stampert View Post
    Dahanese is good people, I'm sure there are lots of things she would like to say but can't. I really hope Scott steps forward and says something to us about this.
    I'm willing to bet sometime very soon there will be some sort of "State of the Union/Game" type message from Scott. Give him a minute to collect his thoughts and get them in order for us! I'm sure his office probably isn't even set up yet

Plane Touched

Well, when Elrar applies for a new job, at least he can put a link to this thread on his resume.

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi26 View Post
    Well, when Elrar applies for a new job, at least he can put a link to this thread on his resume.
    Truth.

You are an idiot if you dont hire him.

Also one if you fire him.
    Xenohart
    http://www.fractureguild.enjin.com/ | twitch.tv/xenohartgaming
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 4/5 PB | 2/4 BOB 4/4 minis
    I just make it look easy sometimes. ~Daglar

Rift Chaser

when scott was announced CEO i got a bit of a chill from what he said in the quick words quoted by him. he said something regarding the future of trion and rift in general that sounded to me like layoffs and selling out to a bigger company, a publisher or even a developer comes to mind. especially now that its all unfolding, i don't usually voice my skepticism but I wish i had.

7.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #82
    Director of Global Communications dahanese's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tremor11 View Post
    42 posts in over a year. You've certainly been involved in your previous role... Glad I quit paying for Rift a while back. No reason to support companies that make crap reverse affirmative action HR decisions.

Elrar:

dahanese:
    May 2012
    You won't hear me fighting you on the fact I haven't been posting here: that was Elrar's domain before. I'm the director of the department and previously that meant being behind the scenes almost all the time. That's changing now. In fact, that's the first change I implemented in our new grand plan. So you'll be seeing a lot more of me - not just here, but everywhere. I'll most likely be writing all your updates, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Moklar View Post
    So basically we can't get any answers?

I'm sorry to say it but you sound like a politician.
    Listen, I am going to miss Elrar too, the thing is Trion will tell us what is happening in general but they will not give us the reasoning for every business decision that is made. It is a private company. Additionally depending on the reason for someone leaving, telling others the reason can be actionable in court.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

Quote Originally Posted by dahanese View Post
    You won't hear me fighting you on the fact I haven't been posting here: that was Elrar's domain before. I'm the director of the department and previously that meant being behind the scenes almost all the time. That's changing now. In fact, that's the first change I implemented in our new grand plan. So you'll be seeing a lot more of me - not just here, but everywhere. I'll most likely be writing all your updates, too.
    Is that multitasking? Or is it a desperate attempt to slash operating expenses by having management do the work of the recently laid-off subordinates?
    Last edited by Jacknife69; 08-16-2013 at 12:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Galibier View Post
    Listen, I am going to miss Elrar too, the thing is Trion will tell us what is happening in general but they will not give us the reasoning for every business decision that is made. It is a private company. Additionally depending on the reason for someone leaving, telling others the reason can be actionable in court.
    This wasn't really about Elrar specifically, we have been told NOTHING, I understand very well that it's a business decision but you can't completely disregard the people that give you money either.

Plane Touched

so elrar's boss is now writing all updates and community posts? seems like a downsize

Join the stream , this weeks giveaway Elrar's job
    Jbl

This is just the saddest news EVER. EV.ER. I just can't understand or believe this honestly. <3 Elrar. He's awesome. he's like the face of Rift and Trion. I'm so sad

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by dahanese View Post
    Indeed, Elrar is no longer with us. I hope you don't give up (because that's also sad) and I hope I can answer almost any questions you have about the game, the future, and everything else.
    You are not Elrar. nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by Galibier View Post
    That's true, but I think the majority of us are just trying to express that if the decision was Elrar's personal one, or even if it was for "cause", then I (we?) could understand that, maybe even accept it; but if his position was 'reorganized out of existence' (as Dilbert would put it) because someone up the food chain decided that his position wasn't "necessary", then many of us would respectfully disagree. His devotion, exuberance, and dedication to all things Rift is one of the things that set Rift apart.

The show may go on, but it will never feel the same.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast